MX's Perpetual Grow - Weekly Harvests!!!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MX Grower, May 8, 2010.

1. Quick post (I should be in bed!)...

Here's a spreadsheet I put together for planning vegging times, 12/12 dates and harvest dates for my perpetual grow.

Perpetual XLS.jpg

The green section indicates future dates for going to 12/12. The last column shows how many days until the next harvest. So, around 10/2 should be the first of my weekly harvests, if all goes well. I suspect shit will happen, but it seems fairly realistic to me ATM.

The schedule includes all my plants that have been transplanted to 1 gal pots. Some will be vegging for ridiculously long according to the chart. Actually, I will be giving most of these to a friend - like the last 10 on the chart and 10 or so more in smaller pots. He's putting them outside. I need to slow down on the cloning and figure out how to schedule that.

I'll post an update of the perpetual grow with pics this weekend. I'll be moving another SSH into flowering on Saturday. The White Widow is within 10 days of harvest, I'm pretty sure. Haven't checked trichs lately, but she's beginning to look done-ish.

2. One hell of a plan MX!

How long does it take for your clones to root?

3. Morning AG!

Depends on a few things. Strain seems to be the most prevalent. I think I'm beginning to see that ambient temps and RH come into play as well.

A good round number answer for my clones is 10 to 14 days.

I've been thinking about how to schedule these in. I think I'll do something like this; Every 4th Saturday, I'll take 9 cuttings and clone bucket them. From those, I'll take the healthiest 4 and add them to the perpertual grow. I'll just throw or give the rest away.

I've also been thinking about getting some new strains to throw in over time. I'll probably order some seeds from Attitude this week. I really wanted to get Kandy Kush from reserva Privada, but they're out of stock and have been for a while. So my current selection is Super Lemon Haze and White Russian from Serious, and Blueberry from Dutch Passion. Freebies for that order, at least when I looked yesterday, is a femmed Bubba Kush, a femmed DNA Sour Cream, Cole Train, Sharksbreath and Critical Haze.

It was all that talk about the WR in your thread that got me all eager to get some new stuff!

4. Whats so special about the super lemon haze? I see a ton of people growing that strain.

5. Hi GB! Having won the last two Cannabis Cups probably has a lot to do wit it! That's the main reason why I picked it anyway I love the SSH strain that I harvested last go around. I'm betting that the SLH is even better, and I can't wait to see what they mean by a "lemony smell and taste"!

6. We now interrupt our regularly scheduled programming...

Man, I've been wanting to do this since Grrower posted a picture of his bitchen backyard in his thread!

After tons of rain, the sun finally stuck her face out today. Everything is so green and pretty, I thought I'd take a walk and bring the camera.

Our pond is really full after all the rains. It gets kinda muddy from the runoff (lots of farming upstream).

MX-Ville 01.jpg

Here's one of two bridges that I built a few years back. The bridges made it so we could walk all the way around the pond without getting wet.

MX-Ville 02.jpg

A few random shots of some of our walking trails...

MX-Ville 05.jpg

Of course, had to check on the girls. The SSH is small and hard to see. Look off-center towards the upper-right.

MX-Ville 07.jpg

Caught this hummer on our deck as I was coming back in.

MX-Ville 06.jpg

We now return you to our program, in process...

Attached Files:

7. so what kind of fish do you have in that pond?

8. You shouldn't base your decision off Cannabis Cup winners. The CC has turned into a popularity contest where Green House Seeds puts a lot of time, effort, and money into winning. There is a lot of GHS hate on GC, but everything I've heard/read has backed up that hate with sound reason. The biggest being GHS's original breeders (Neville and Shantibaba) left GHS to start their own seed company (Mr Nice Seeds) because they didn't like how Arjan was doing business.

However (and I may be a hypocrite for this), my first seed order was from GHS because (1)they were the creators of White Widow. I don't know if the original genetics are still there or if it's now the 'Black Widow' from Mr Nice. Because of (2)grow reports on lemon skunk were mouth watering. And (3)I can't knock it, 'til I rock it.

/rant

9. Hi GB. Mostly crappy, bass and perch. I don't fish because I have a soft spot for all animals and critters. I even feel bad for the bait! However, a friend once got a 23" large-mouth bass and my wife has hooked a 15 1/2" crappy. There are times when you can catch a crappy per minute!

OK, man. Thanks for that rant! I'll find a few threads on some actual SLH grows and try to base my decision on some real experience. After seeing and reading about it in High Times though, I was really looking forward to trying that strain. Now that you mention it, Lemon Skunk was on my wish list some time back. Maybe I'll switch that one. I'll check out some Mr. Nice strains as well and maybe switch something else up there.

Do you recommend a strain or strains that you have had direct or associated experience with? I think my priorities are taste, high, 10 or less weeks flowering, visual appeal, yield and ease of grow - in that order.

If anyone else wants to chime in on that, I would greatly appreciate it!

10. just back to growing after a five year hiatus.
    I curently have a 9 inch white widow IMG_1024.jpg clone

5 northern light seeds/sprouts (nirvana)
    9 ice seeds (nirvana)
    and five fem wonder women (nirvana)

I want to try serious seeds only 6 strains all top shelf
    [​IMG] trying to perfect this art and give back when I can

11. Sounds cool, 69er! You should start a journal. If you build it, I will come!

12. Sorry, I only have bagseed experience. But I think your better off judging through other grows than through company reputation/loyalty/whatever.

13. Very killer man. Beautiful digs. Makes the asphalt meadows surrounding my digs feel like Folsom.

I like that bridge. Very well done! Quite the DIY project.

And the ladied look very happy there. So much water where you are! Damn jealous.

14. sweet grow, and awesome property!!! hopw is the yielf from the ufo's????

15. Loving your grow mate, and your place is AMAZING!

sub'd, and +rep :)

16. I liked your random seedbag by the window log and this one seems even cooler..good luck man you got some great plants going

17. #57 MX Grower, May 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2010

Hey HN! That's cool. You got me thinking and looking around anyway. And of course, you're right!

Hi Grape! I really do love it here, although there's quite a bit of maintenance! Water?! Shit, the ground around here is totally water-logged it's been raining so much!

However, now that the sun is making full-on regular appearances, I think them outside girls are going to shoot up! Let's hope anyway.

Sup MJ? I was able to yield just over 3 oz of totally dank but not that dense bud from two White Widow plants under a single 90 watt UFO - on my first grow. I'm doing it again with one plant, but I think my yield will be about the same. I think a pro grower might be able to pull a half lb.

I can't confirm it quite yet, but I believe that the HID produces more dense buds. I should know in a month or so.

Hey, and thanks for the rep, dude!

Hi Twitcher! Glad to see you here in this thread too! Thanks to you for the rep too, man!

Thanks, Inv! I love all the encouraging compliments from my grow buddies! :hello: Keep 'em coming! :poke:

Stay tuned! A journal update is in the works...

18. Weekend update!!!

Next to complete is the White Widow. I know I bounce around on the complete date a lot, but I really think it will be around 10 more days. I'm getting pretty excited about that. Here she is:

WW3 052210 02.jpg

WW3 052210 04.jpg

After the White Widow will be this Super Silver Haze. I still think she'll be done around 6/25. I'm pretty sure that this will be my best girl yet for yield and quality! I'm getting excited about this one too!

SH3 052210 02.jpg

SH3 052210 04.jpg

Here's the Super Skunk three weeks into 12/12. I messed her up with too much N. I tried to green her up a bit before flowering with Fish Emulsion and then I inadvertently gave her my vegging tea when she was one week into 12.12, right after her trim. I flushed her earlier in the week and the advance of the browness has stopped. Her leaves still look bad, but at least they're all reachin up for the light again. Hopefully, she'll come back after her next feeding - don't worry, it'll be a light feeding! It sucks that I did this to her during flowering. I know that's a deal breaker for a bountiful and quality harvest. This experience will make me better, though!

SS3 052210 02.jpg

I'll wrap up with the vegging girls in the next post...

Attached Files:

19. OK. Next in line will be the two super skunks that I recently LST-ed. This first one here will go into 12/12 in either two or three weeks from now, depending on how large she'll be in two weeks. While I have a couple spare UFOs (since my 12/12 room is not full yet), I have a single UFO that I can dedicate to the next girl to go.

SS5 052210 03.jpg

Here's the second one:

SS4 052210 02.jpg

Per my current plan, three of the next to go will be selelected from these next 4 plants. There are 3 SSHs and and an SS:

SS6 052210 01.jpg

After those three is when the Full Moon Sativas will be going in one after the other, one week apart. These girls are really growing well!

FM1 FM2 052210.jpg

I gave almost all of the rest of my potted clones away today - 9 in 1 gallon pots and 10 in 4 inch pots. I kept one SS and one SSH that I am going to add to my outside grow, and I kept one SS for a clone mother. I don't need any of the others for my grow because they'd be vegging too long. I'm now going to try to add 4 clones every 4 weeks to support the perpetual schedule.

Here's the three I kept:

SS7 SS10 SH11 052210 01.jpg

Cool! That's done! A cup of hot cocoa and a relaxing pipeload sound like a nice reward to myself for getting my update out of the way!

Attached Files:

20. :hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:
    very nice MX how does the structure of the white widow? are they tight & compact or light and airy