MX's Perpetual Grow - Weekly Harvests!!!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MX Grower, May 8, 2010.

1. Yes that's what I meant, some kind of gravity feed system :D.

No RO machine eh? I rather not use one myself cause it wastes soooo much water. My tap ph is around 7. If you have an alternative method to using RO cna you share please sir? :eek:

We also like to travel. Need more loot so green thumbing will help some. Only got one patient though. That Mayan Riviera sounds like the shit! But havin' the shits.......not so much LMAO! I got a lot of renovating to do around the house so my adventures in cannabis growing will help things out big time.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend brotha.

2. Yeah, i make the best coffee in town :cool:.

The bitch of it is that for about the last month or so i havent been able to drink coffee so i kind of forgot about it.

Basically you use the QWISO method with water and ice instead of the alchol. Then once you filter the mix you use the runoff to make coffee. I use pure runoff and it kicks my ass pretty tough.

3. OK. Big coffee drinker here. Expresso, really. I gotta try that some time! With Quiso, you soak for 30 seconds, shake for 30 seconds, then strain. I'm guessing that with your technique, you can soak and shake for a lot longer, maybe as long as you want. Is that right?

4. I should have clarified. Yes, you shake that bitch until your arms hurt. you use the ice to beat the trichomes off the leaf. just give it hell for as long as you want.

then strain, add to coffee pot hopper, add coffee, enjoy...

it does flavor the coffee, but i like it.

5. Clean setup and killer plants. helluava good start to your journal!

6. I use tap water and then white vinegar to adjust the pH down to around 6.5 - 7.0. My tap water comes in at 8.4.

I have a plastic trash barrel that I empty every 4 or 5 days before re-filling. I put about 12 gallons in it with 3 tbs white vinegar. I have an air stone weighted down at the bottom and a tiny air pump for it. This is to keeping it moving. I keep the lid off of the trash can too. I never use it unless it has sat for a least a day because chlorine kills off the good things in your soil in an all organic grow.

This may not be the best thing I could do, but as you have seen AG, this is working for me. As long as it does, I see no need to improve on it.

7. Here's a mini-update on my outdoor grow.

It's been raining pretty hard off and on around here. All of the soil around these plants got totally water-logged, but the two girls seemed to love it anyway. The little SSH plant was laying on its side after the second day of downpours. It didn't get knocked over, the whole muddy soil mass she was planted in rolled and SSH ended up sideways. I just bent and propped her back up with a couple of twigs. That was a few days ago and she seems happily upright again.

C2 051609 01.jpg

That's a Carmelicious bush.

SH5 051609 01.jpg

That's the Super Silver Haze.

-----------

Side note: I posted my stress-free transplant technique in the beginner forum today. It's the last thread in my sig. Please, check it out!

Hey, it's my thread! I can hijack it if I want, right?

8. Definitely gonna go check out the new thread. Need to study from it.

Hope those outdoor ladies do well.

9. Looks like the Carmelicious is gonna have a buncha good sites on it.

10. Let me know what you think, AG - unless you think its a lame post. Then just don't say anything!

Hi OH. Thanks for stopping by!

Yeh, I think when the main growth on top got sun-stressed from the change, all the side stuff starting growing faster.

These are the first plants I ever pre-grown indoors and then put out. It seems so early in the year to have a bush already! I imagine they'll get huge!

Here's a little update on the perpetual grow...

I started LST on two Super Skunks today. These will be vegging for another 3 to 7 weeks. Not sure of all the timing yet, but I may still be at 3 weeks intervals when these go in.

On each, I topped the main stem a few nodes down and then pulled all the upper growing tips down.

Here's SS4:

SS4 051710 03.jpg

Here's SS5:

SS5 051710 03.jpg

It will be interesting to see how they look by my weekend update post.

On a downer note, my currently flowering Super Skunk is suffering from over-nuting, I think. She was going downhill, so I flushed her this morning right before lights-out. She looks a bit overwatered now, but I guess she is. I hope she comes back quick. This is probably a real bad thing two weeks into flowering. Sorry, no pics. I guess when I get down, I forget the camera.

Attached Files:

11. I like that little Carmelicious bush you have there. :)

The super skunks are lookin nice as well, keep up the good work man!

12. Hi Crunky! Thanks, dude! :wave:

Big happenings at MX-ville!

New UFOs 01.jpg

I got the 3 new UFOs I ordered for the flowering room. I'm taking 880 watts of side-lighting T12 flouro tubes out and adding 270 watts of overhead LED. That will give me the 400 MH plus 5 90 watt UFOs for a new total of 850 watts for flowering as many as 10 or 12 girls.

For now, I only have three plants for flowering. The fourth, an SSH, will go in on Saturday and that's when I'll add the first of these three new lamps.

I "borrowed" one to put in the upper level of my veg stack. One UFO handles 9 one-gallon plants pretty well!

New UFOs 02.jpg

I also borrowed one to dedicate to the SSH that's going 12/12 on Saturday. I just stuck it in a corner between the veg stack and the door to the 12/12 room.

New UFOs 03.jpg

Here's the flower room now with the flouros gone and with 4 of the 5 UFOs, and with the MH at the far end.

New UFOs 04.jpg

I'm hoping I don't find out that those flouros were doing a lot of good. I don't think so because they were never that close and it is well known that they have very little penetration beyond a few inches. I'm definitely gonna find out!

13. Big things goin' on in MX-ville!

You got yourself one sweet ass op goin'. Congratz on the additions.

14. Looks real nice MX, It will be interesting to see how this harvest will compare with the T-12 side lighting harvest and see if the LEDs were worth it. Nice work on the rennovations though, I like it. Time to grow some fatty nuggets now

flo

15. [​IMG] <--:hello:! Crazy setup all the way, nice buds are headed your way!

16. Thanks, AG. Man, it's just one on-going learning experience isn't it? As you're implementing plans you came up with some time back, you're already thinking of ways you want to change it up!

Hey, flo. Now see, when people say things like that, you know they're paying attention! The next time I got high after recieving the new UFOs, I started getting paranoid that removing those side lights might adversely affect the quality of my buds. If I find that out, or my paranoia prevails before then, I might see how I can employ CFLs or T5 lighting to get that benefit back. That's what I was eluding to in my response to AG.

Hey 8-Sides! Thanks for that, man.

I gotta say, I am so stoked to have come across your grow. I started to go through your thread from page 1, thought about just jumping to current, and then decided there was potentially too much in there to learn from. For things that can be applied to my own grow, you def. have the best grow going that I have seen!

I've got so much shit going on right now, it's hard to prioritize my GC surfing in, but as soon as I can fit it in, I'll probably spend 3 or 4 hours to see the whole thing. I'm especially looking forward to seeing how you tackle soil and feedings.

Again, you are the man!

17. It just hit me that you're the one with the huge window plant, lol. However these girls are looking gorgeous. Wish I had to money to move from CFLs to LED.

18. Sup, Holy!

I haven't gone back yet, but I see that you've already seen the bomb I dropped in that thread today! I'll be explaining it with more pics later. Thought I'd let it collect a few views like that before I did. You know, just for effect.

Yeh, since I've started using CFLs, I have gained much respect for their ability to grow MJ cheap and easy. However, it is abundantly clear to me at this point that they don't have near the penetration of LEDs with similar wattage.

19. Drip system on a timer via water pump? Either way, I wouldn't worry about your pH being too high if you're doing an organic grow. I've always heard that pH isn't an issue in organic growing because microorganisms are breaking down organic fertilizers for nutrient availability vs chemical nutes that are chelated (I think...) and directly absorbed by the plant.

Since you bubble your tap water I was wondering have you brewed any teas for your girls?

20. Yes! Skunk magazine put out an issue called "Best of the Rev" - their first ever grow special. That issue rocks! I will always keep it handy now.

Anyway, he put a few tea recipes in one of his articles. I have made the veg receipe twice now and the flowering one once. There are some posts that include those tea recipes in some of the other MJ communities. If you google "skunk rev tea", you can find them. I can't tell if they're doing wonders or not, but I gotta believe that they help.