Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Minty smelling weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by monkmartin179, May 8, 2010.

1. Just picked up some chronic a few days ago, Smelled weird but I finally realised what it smells like...kinda minty-weed smell :p

So was just curious if anyone knows a particular strain that smells like this or anything?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. had some that was kind of spearmint one time. not bad

3. There's no strain of marijuana that smells minty. And you must not be getting Chronic since you're asking about different strains when you claim to have Chronic. Chronic is a strain. You can't have strains inside of a strain.

Your 'Chronic' smelt minty. Or whatever strain you got smelt minty. There aren't strains of Chronic.

4. Damn man everybodys so uptight now...Around my area chronic is used to describe dank, and heard about minty strains before.

Just thought I would ask a simple question because I'm bored. But whatever.

• Like Like x 1
  5. idk but i'd hit that hah tell me how it goes man ;D

6. That minty smell means it's mids.

7. Not everyone my friend. Him maybe. HAHA. Chronic is a term for Cannabis and lot's of people use it. It is NOT a strain name.

It is probably not the strain that smells like mint, but in fact the weed may have been shipped in bulk and wrapped in mint leaves. I Have heard directly from a grower about using this technique to transport large amounts.

8. dont listen to this guy he has no idea what hes talking about lol. chronic is either one of 2 things but either way its slang not a strain its either slang for good high grade dank bud or for bud with cocaine in it. and the minty smell could have been because mabye it was in an altoids case or somethign like that it could have been in a place where some kind of minty substance was lol

9. You just said I have no idea what I'm talking about and then just referred to the slang meaning of something being the real meaning.

'Chronic' means something different in every area, in slang terms. In your area it means high grade bud or bud with cocaine in it. We have two different names for those in my area and Chronic is a strain in my area.

I guess my area knows what a strain list is and can validate that Chronic is a strain, not a type of weed. It is fact. You're argument with someone in the majors of the topic at hand. Al though I'm far from pro, you've yet to do a single bit of research making you far from the minors even.

10. Wait a minute so my area and your area both use different slang for the same word, but, your slang is correct because you are educated about your slang?

so your slang is better than ours because you said so.

11. Chronic is just synonymous with Cannabis here.

EX:

"Yo can I get some of that boooomb chronic? What is it you got now, Jack Herer?"
    "Yes. Jack Herer, some bomb ass chronic."

It's different everywhere I guess.

"One of the stronger strains of marijuana. It is actually NOT used to describe just any sort of good weed, there is a certain type that is labeled chronic. It won 3rd place at the 1994 High Times Cannabis Cup." - Uknown.

In this case he just meant chronic as in weed, marijuana, ganja, trees, etc. It was pretty easy to see he just meant weed and not the actual chronic strain, which doesn't seem to be to popular now-a-days.

12. there is a strain called chronic but its just a gimmick in despenceries. universal slang for chronic is dank or coke laced weed

13. This^
    You can buy seeds online for the strain called Chronic, but is used much more widely as a slang from good bud or bud laced with coke.

According to Franco at Green House Seed co. minty smelling weed is a common trait for sativas.

14. As far as i know (i could be wrong) the mint plant and cannabis are both relatives of the sage plant, which could attribute to the minty scent that you experienced.
    It could also be a million different things as mentioned above, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

15. uhhh maybe some minty like hookah was put on it, i've heard that, like, oh orange kush (some hookah+mids)

btw, lost season 6 fail and lost NUH nuh nuh NUH

16. In the West Coast chronic is weed with coke. But in the East Coast it's just used to describe bud better than regs.

17. ahah i got blackberry kush that smelt like garlic bread because my dealer hid it in her purse in a garlic bread box

18. It's important to know the difference between minty, and musty smelling weed.
    I had some schwag that smelled musty/minty-ish and it was kinda greasy too.
    Seemed to smoke okay, but it was nothing special and it might have been moldy.

Was this weed of yours good looking?

19. Yeah. Its got the green buds of course, and as i was looking at it earlier it looked as if it was slightly a purple strain.

And along with the buds there are little white-greenish (like mint) plant materials too.

Idk i might take a pic tomorrow or something.

Like you said smokes okay, it gets me pretty high though.

20. Bid can smell like anything. I remember one time I made nuttela firecrackers and the bud tasted piney/minty, It was actually good and complemented the nuttela. I know that had nothing to do with smell but I'm just saying.