Helpful Tips for Vaporizer Users

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by blackbur, May 7, 2010.

1. Tell your friends when they are hitting it that the slower they hit it the higher they will get (MFLB)

2. Pulling slow enables for hotter hits.
    Pulling fast gives cooler hits.
    If you pull too slow herb can combust
    If you pull too fast you might not get much vapor.
    After learning the curve it all comes together.:hello:

3. #43 blackbur, Jul 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2010
    Techniques for hitting the MFLB.

The "English Tea Party"
    -Load MFLB
    -Place battery inside(3-5 seconds depending on battery strength)
    -wait for vapor to appear
    -then start to inhale on the tube.(as if you were sipping tea or drinking through a straw)
    -remove battery
    -quickly inhale to clear the chamber

The "12 gauge"
    -Load MFLB
    -Place battery inside
    -wait for vapor to appear(3-5 seconds depending on battery strength)
    -Inhale until your lungs are at 2/3 capacity
    -Move acrylic cover to the side to allow fresh air flow
    -Remove battery
    -quickly inhale the remaining vapors& fresh air
    Benefits- No risk of combustion, no stale vapors in the chamber,a good size hit with a nice vapor to air ratio,no wasted vapors(if done properly)

The "flavor savior"
    -Load MFLB
    -Move the cover slightly so air can get into the chamber
    -Place battery inside
    -Wait for vapor to seep out thru the space between the acrylic and chamber
    -Inhale slowly then proceed to move the acrylic to cover the chamber
    -Remove battery
    -then quickly inhale to clear the chamber
    Benefits-Nice airy vapor mixture, somewhat more flavorful,good if you don't want a throat irritating hit.

Russian Roulette
    [use battery grips]
    -Load MFLB
    -Place battery inside
    -wait for vapor to appear
    -start to inhale
    -once your at 1/3 lung capacity flip/turn the mflb(so that the contents of the bowl is mixed
    -continue inhale(don't stop)
    -when your at 2/3 lung capacity flip/turn the mflb again
    -keep inhaling
    -remove battery
    -quickly inhale to remove all vapors from chamber
    Benefits-Nice Strong Vapor hit, Even vaporization of the herb,no risk of combustion(if done properly), One hit K.O

not taking credit for inventing any of these methods..i was just experimenting around with my mflb to see different ways of hitting it..

4. bump..anybody got advice/info to add?

5. Got a new VB and I love it!

I'm wondering about the materials that are collecting on it. On the glass "bowl" end (the end that I pack into), some black stuff has collected, which basically looks like regular resin.

Inside the tubing around both glass ends, some substance that looks like kief or pollen has collected.

Are both/either of these substances worth collecting? Methods for collecting? Should I re-vape them, smoke them, or either?

Thanks!

6. Resin/plant matter..try using the bamboo pick and scraping it..if it doesn't scrape its burned on..you will need a small piece of cotten and rubbing alc and just scrub away til you can see thru it. past the screen there is a lot of resin you can collect all you need to do is pop the screen off and scrape and collect.

Or you can take a small amount of like 91 and up rubbin alc just a high percentage and Saran wrap both ends and shake it until its clean and you have a mixture of rubbing alch/resin/trichs and just pour it on a plate and let it dry and then scrape it again once its dry..its wand/whip has..you can burn it or vape it or cook with it. choice is yours. i personally smoke it.:D

hope this helps.

7. does no one do this when vapor bonging? does everyone buy an attachment? you can save money by doing this:
    IMG_0535.JPG
    just remove the mouthpiece and enter it into the downstem. works really well on 14mm downstems. you can even pull it to clear!:D

8. its all on personal preference, i like having a ground glass water adapter for vapor bonging cause it fits snug and i don't feel/see any air leaking between the tubing and down stem.. "you can even pull it clear!"..uhh not really sure what you mean by that but alright.

I've been using glass on glass bongs for awhile so i'm always used to removing whatever is feeding the smoke or vapor to clear the chamber and it feels more natural when i just remove the water adapter instead of just a tub with nothing else on the end..and to me its more aesthetically pleasing,but to each their own buddy.:)

9. i do what passthegrass does all the time, would rather do that than spend money on an attachment it also works well on non glass on glass bongs
    and by pull it to clear he means pull the hose out and clear the bong,

10. i was being sarcastic :p

in the 2nd part of my post i talk about clearing.and why i prefer the water adapter.

11. I've been using my MLFB for a bit now and I love it.. i've been experimenting with various methods and I found this works the best for me and gives me pretty much an even brown AVB.

1. Make sure your bud is all ground up nicely and there are no stems and stuff inside. The consistency you should be going for is maybe like the size of regular kitchen sugar or salt for the best hits. The vape will work just fine if its not that consistent, but it is what you should be aiming for.

2. Get all the weed into the trench carefully. I usually use the brush it came with coz sometimes dank can get really sticky with your fingers.

3. I usually spend a couple of seconds tapping the box gently after getting the bud in to just make sure it's all shaped nicely and there aren't any loose gaps and stuff. After you're done doing that and your trench looks nice and neat, put in a fully charged battery.

4. Wait for a few seconds before you begin inhaling. How many, time will tell. I usually wait for 2 seconds on a fresh battery, 3-5 if its a used battery. The more you vape, the better youl'll be able to judge how long to wait.

5. Keep inhaling slowly until your lungs are about 80% full. You should ideally IMO feel a nice warm vapor coming through. If you can't, inhale slower. If it's too hot, inhale faster. Eventually you'll find that perfect amount of pressure to use.

6. When your lungs are almost 80% full and you're almost done taking a hit, remove the battery and continue inhaling a little quicker for 1 or 2 seconds. After that, take off the launch box and inhale fresh air deeply into your lungs until they are 100% full. This will push the vapor deeper inside your lungs and also give you some oxygen :D After this, hold your breath for as long as you can.

7. When you can't hold your breath any longer, let out a little bit of air and immediately inhale fresh air quickly to replace it until your lungs are back to full capacity and hold your breath.

8. Repeat step 7 atleast twice until there is no/barely any visible vapour upon exhaling.

8.5 Enjoy that awesome deep hit, seriously lol vapour fucks you up like no other

9. Shake the box around a bit if you're taking another hit to mix the herb around. If you want, after the first 2-3 hits you can dump all the weed out of the trench onto some paper and something and grind it some more between your fingers before filling it all back. Should give you better hits.

I find this method maximizes efficiency and also minimizes odour. I'm loving this vape, i've been getting high at places I wouldn't even have imagined possible. The great before AND after-sales service and lifetime warranty pretty much seals the deal.

Have fun vaping XD It's almost like a daily ritual haha, all the grinding and charging batteries and collecting AVB and shit.

Oh yeah, above all don't worry so much about all the techniques and shit, it'll come with practice. Just enjoy the vape and this beautiful herb ;)

12. I found that using cu-tip dipped in iso alc works extremely well at cleaning the stem/straw on the magic flight launch box. First you wet it and you push and twist it all the way through cleaning all the residue from within the tube.
    Hope this helps.

13. i dont use stems for my MFLB anymore. but when i did use the stems and they were dirty, i would throw them in my small bottle of everclear and let it sit for an hour or so. i do this with my other vape parts also. after awhile you have some dank golden dragon tincture :smoking:

14. heres one that i dont believe has been mentioned that i just did the other day. i took a cotton pad and pulled it apart. right where the tubing starts on the GonG piece wrap it in some duct tape,(dont cut the tape yet) once you give it two or three good wraps, lay your pieces of cotton on the the tape in a strip, and continue to give it another two or three wraps. this is insulation at its easiest people. very simple verry effective and if you have people over that have never vaped before, they wont grab it, realize its too hot and drop it. if that happens your out of a vape until you buy a new piece. i hope i explained that decently im kinda stoned :smoking:

15. also, the best way to get all that oil out, THE BEST WAY! is to cut the tube where you want, then slice it lengthwise, use the blunt side of a razer or the back of a knife, or a credit card, and scrape. it takes one swipe to get all of that out of there, only problem is is that you have to replace the tubing but its cheap enough to do this one every two weeks or so.

16. hmm,insulation idea might melt over a heavy vapor session. On my vapor brothers handfree whip theres HOT! text on the top of the tip.

In my opinion,best way for collecting the resin inside the whip would be shaking some high percent alc through the tubing or scraping with a bamboo skewer, this is a lot easier with the whip/wand removed. often times its more of a hassle and easier just to buy new tubing.

17. it has yet to show any signs of it melting. honestly i dont see how its possible. even if it is no harm can be done. its on the outside and in no way do you inhale anything that may (but probably wont) be released

one more thing for people that want to use there vape to take vapor bong hits, you do not need to go out and spend the 15 to 25 dollars on a conversion. take off your mouth piece and wrap the tube electrical tape until you can fit it snuggly and air tight into your bongs downstem. works exactly the same.

18. If you vape long enough your whip or wand gets hot,tape melts if its close to something hot.

Normal Duct tape melts at 54.44 degrees celsius (130 degrees fahrenheit)

19. theres multiple layers. im sure that does something for it. but its yet to melt and we vape 45 minutes to an hour in one sesh.

20. what kind of vaporizer do you have?