Students punished for wearing American flags on Cinco de Mayo

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dronetek, May 6, 2010.

1. This is getting out of hand....

Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees | NBC Bay Area
    So basically, white students were discriminated against for wearing American flags. As if there is some rule against one wearing an American flag on certain Holidays. Especially when its a largely American Holiday. This is going way too far and I hope these kids stand firm.

2. Wow. I actually agree with you on this one Drone.

3. I'm sure that didn't matter to these people. Why else would the US flag be offensive in America?

4. QED, people are sensitive about their heritage, and high school principals aren't too bright..

Flags, pride, seriously? People need to get over themselves.

I mean, really? On Cinco de Mayo? They're angry they couldn't express their 'American pride' in a public school by wearing American flag t-shirts and bandannas (wtf?) on a day celebrating Mexican heritage? Talk about tasteless.

Everybody fails.

5. #7 Dronetek, May 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2010
    Fuuuck you, they don't even celebrate it in Mexico. Its practically an American holiday. People like you make me sick. This is America genius and in America kids are allowed to wear American flags. No matter what day it is or what color they are. got it?

So, Latinos are allowed to have pride, but not Americans?

By the way, everyone should really leave a message on the VP's voice mail:

(408) 201-6100

telling another member "fuck you" isn't allowed

6. #8 H2O420, May 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2010
    If somebody walked around with Mexican t-shirts and bandannas to express their Mexican pride on the 4th of July people would get pissed too. It's all stupid shit over colors. Colors! Get fucking real. The principal sucks, the Mexicans suck, the students suck, and the high school probably sucks too.

What part of 'everybody fails' don't you understand? Pride goeth before a fall.

7. I only have one thing to say to this.

If something as trivial as our Nations flag, or any of our other cultural traditions upsets you in any way, then feel free to fucking leave.

Believe it or not, our borders work even better in the exit lane.

And that includes the dickhead principal too. I'm wondering, did this asshat chose to not even fly an American flag outside on the flagpole on May 5th?!? Is that going to become the new school policy? Fly the flag, except in rain and/or May 5th.

Fucking unbelievable. Come to our country practically wearing your flag and we don't have an issue, but God forbid we pull out our colors.

And the irony about all of this politically correct bullshit. It in itself is racist. And if you have a hard time swallowing that, know that as an American, I am offended.

8. this isn't mexico, its america.

9. I wonder if these kids wear american flag t shirts on other days or if this was just to stir some shit on this day..

But at the end of the day its american colours in an american school so they should be allowed to wear them..

10. How exactly does it "shit" on any day?

11. Tasteless? No sir. Tasteless would be me wearing a T-shirt that said "Thousands of my potential children died on your daughters face last night" to a mother-daughter convention. THAT would be tasteless.

Showing pride for the country you happen to be a citizen of or inhabiting is not tasteless.

And no, I don't give a fuck what day it is. Pride in your country and/or heritage does not bow to a calendar or other country. Feel free to wear whatever you want whenever you want. Just grant me that same right. It's called mutual respect.

12. Which is supposed to be open and tolerant to all nationalities and because of pride you get expressions of bitterness and acrimony which resolves into situations like this which perpetuates the cluster-fuck that is intolerance, which American people are just as good at as everyone else.

Everybody fails. I take occasional pride in something I accomplish, not something that happened by accident of birth.

13. Stir some shit = to annoy/provoke/piss people off.

14. Ugh, all this nationalism bullshit is so frustrating. Who cares what country you're from, or what colors you wear. All that shit is just made up anyways. You're arguing over lines we drew, and colors we assigned... think about how childish that sounds. Drawing lines in the sand and telling no one to cross... makes me sick that people even think about what country people are from. They're still just PEOPLE.

15. I don't disagree. But in a public school in southern California on Cinco de Mayo you decide to deck yourself out in American flag adorned garb without expecting to gather attention?

Come on. Think about it.

16. I believe they were taken out of class for there own safety.
    This type of shit is asking for physical confrontation. YES they have the rights do what they want on the day the choose but there's style to things like riding a bike(rapping, paint'n graff etc.) some people are just bad ass on bike some people have no style to the point I want to kick there ass for even ride'n a bike.

I'm not Hispanic I believe the issue is blow out like your sluty sister regardless how much you beat it up the night before she's still at your door the next day.

The border and cartels are OUT OF CONTROL ! so lets go get them fruit pickers, car washers,lawn worker etc. because my lazy ass white friends cant wait for them jobs fucking loser that they are-

17. I go to Oktoberfest here in Ohio every year. There are always lots of people wearing both American and German flag shirts.
    Then this is a matter of bigotry and intolerance on the part of people who seem to have no respect for Americans or the country.

18. Common sense goes a long way in life-