Freakbro's Pest and Plant pit stop

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Freakbro1, May 5, 2010.

1. Something has been nibbling on the edge of this fan leaf every other leaf seems to be fine. I am growing outdoors on a porch, this doesnt seem to be a major issue but does anyone know what woule cause this type of damage in case the problem persists?

Attached Files:

2. Neem oil works sort of. It stinks and needs to be repeated every 3 days, it really isn't the answer. If you don't use a combination of products, you risk making a resistant bug. I watched a forum on this site debate whether or not a spider mite is a spider or not, WHO CARES? You need to kill them especially indoors. There are several products out there that will kill and control them, neem oil isn't one of them. It takes at least a month before it works and it is only good if you catch them early. Over use of any of these remedies will cause more problems than it will cure. 

3. I have fungus gnats which seem to be a little different than the ones you describe here. They don't seem to be bothering my plants at all. But, they can eat the roots. I have tried mosquito bits and I have put sticky papers all around the planter edge. Also, they thrive in a moist environment, so I am trying to dry the soil out. Do you think Diamatcous Earth would help too? Also, I got the idea from someone else to put sand over the top 2 inches or so of soil. Thanks for advice up front.

4. Last year I had substantial loss due to this problem all through flower. I'd say probably 1/3 of my crop was lost to this. This year it started early in June already. So far I have found 4 like this on one plant. I never catch the culprit, only clean the damage in the mornings. Something is eating into the stems of buds and then everything from that spot up just wilts and dies.
    I need to know what is doing it and how to deal with it.

I spray BT twice a week and spinosad twice a week with a one gallon sprayer.

Attached Files:

5. i recently had to deal with a fungus gnat problem, I did the sticky traps and mosquito dunks, and a 2in layer of finely crushed glass, but what finally got rid of them was switching to air pots so there were less access points to the soil, and making sure not to water until the top 2-3 inches of soil is dry.

6. Any ideas as to what this fella is. Beneficial or no? I'm fight thrips atm so don't want to kill him if he came for a thrips feast. About the length of a dime. Currently trapped under a pot. Thanks

Attached Files:

7. Silverfish if I'm not mistaken. There for the moisture and dark not your plant. Anyone confirm?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yup silverfish

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

9. Anyone know what's going on here with this small plant? Being grown in roots organix and has only received 1 low dose of humboldt grow natural.

Attached Files:

10. Looks like maybe a Ph problem or maybe a little Cal-Mag Deficiency by the looks of the leaf in your first picture, not the one you focused on but the other one to the right Yellow edges.

11. Same set up but these are on my moms. A bunch of my older fan leaves are looking like this one and the tops of lower branches are shriveling.

Attached Files:

12. Can anyone identify these pests and how to get rid of them they were in my medium when I fluahed it out of a dying plant.

"carpe diem"

13. More info on the methods to get rid of them and the extra cleansing you mention during flower....If possible. Thanks in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  14. A couple of weeks ago I took in a couple small house plants from the college. I just noticed aphids on them :(
    They were on the first floor, my grow tent in the basement. Does this mean I'm going to get aphids?

I could see them on the stem also notice a few flying when I put the plant outside.

I don't see any in my tent yet.

15. Thrips from a new bag of earthworm castings? Is it possible? My organic soil mix has been used for 4 grows without thrips, current clones are from my own mother, i ran out of home grown castings so i purchased a bag from walley world and applied an inch layer the day i switched to 12-12 and 7 days later i noticed a couple imature thrips, i have read castings repel many bugs? I have crab & shrimp meal, neem meal, diatomaceous earth in my soil and BT dunks on top.. thanks you in advanced

16. I just grow with a party of worms yoohoo .jk like 5 wrms chilling in my pot along with using teas introduce these microscopic bugs that break down organic matter like wild grass i just chop it up with scissors . fatass worms need a diet jk with the team they fight other bad bugs off . you let your pot dry out and just keep only the top layer moist . and just active soil going on . I never thought I'd sound like a no till gardener im both

• Like Like x 1
  17. help Im 23 day into flower and these popped up a few days ago. I thought they were spider mites but someone trust said they are something else. They are really small white translucent.

Attached Files:

18. Something is killing my baby. Please help.

This child is being reduced to nothing in front of me and I don't know what the problem is. It lives outside and there has not been any visible pests noticed.

Attached Files:

19. We have a bad case of flea beetles in our valley this year, check your plants in the heat of the day they are very small but have quite an appetite, put some tangle foot around stem base if its flea beetles you will catch them climbing up, they love the hottest part of the day to feed, they have long hind legs and jump like a flea when disturbed