Ventilation FAQ

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Bohbo, May 4, 2010.

1. Looks good! As long as your temps are in check you should be good! I would try and get those CFLs a little closer if you can!

Best of luck!
    PyspherE

2. Thank you! And I don't rock cfls in this chamber...that's an LED flood light and an led bulb. I'm trying to do all LED lined verticle a lil later..and thanks again!

BzerkO

3. OK thx again pysphere looks cool how do you like the LEDs ? Which color does the best ? Quality of buds ? Harvest weight from LEDs ? I have only grown indoor using hids or CFLs . I see why you like the Afghan kush she is pretty . How is the t.s.p.taste ,smell,potentcy?

4. Looks like a cool lil cabinet how much do you pull out of that ? I have done a small grow like that , mine was 2x2x2 and was powered bye three CFLs the big ones I forget the watts but they were 15$ each at home depot . And I was pulling around 1-2 zips out of it . The air was moved with a 6 inch eshaust fan from home depot , I cut holes in the bottom sides for fresh air . That was when i was younger now Im trying to grow for meds instead of just wanting to do it because people said I couldn't do it !!! Keep it going bzerko !!!

5. #1065 PsypherE, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2014
    I have a couple lights I use. For seedlings and clones I have a small PC case grow box with up to 4 x 23w CFLs. In my cabinet I start my matured seedlings under the 90w Veg LED. Once they have filled in I add my 135w Flower LED for the last couple weeks of veg. After the third week of flower I remove the 90w Veg LED and switch on the 250w HPS. For the final 5-8 weeks I run both the 250w HPS and the 135w LED.

My buds end up nice and dense and quite potent considering I've only grown Autos in it. With my first grow in the cabinet I only did one Auto in coco with traditional nutrients which came out at about 2.5oz. The smell from it was really nice and had a mellow head high that was really nice. My second grow that I just completed about a month ago came out at 3oz of of 2 autos. One of the plants was in a DWC system with traditional nutes and ended up at just over and oz and the second was grown all organically in a homemade soil mix and finished at just under 2 oz. This round I've gone photo period and have fully filled my foot print in veg. I just switched to flower about a week ago and I expect a much bigger yield this time! Again I am using an all organic soil mix and have done a lot of topping and training to fill my canopy as much as possible in hopes of hitting 6-8+oz this go round!

Peace & Love
    PyspherE

6. Hell yeah I feel you!I wanna try messing with coco to maximize my yeild, any links to that stufg would be really appreciated. This is my third legit grow. But I just barely added this cabinet to my assembly line of bud production. I have another chamber right next to this one. Then I have a seperate clone starting cab. I wanna pull about 4-6 zips from this one.

BzerkO

7. The OP from this thread, Bongsauce has a whole bunch of micro cabs and is always willing to help out! He even has a grow with similar LEDs and it looks quite encouraging! You can find his micro help thread here!
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/689881-Bongsauce's-micro-cabs-and-stuff.-(help-thread)

Also if you feel like sharing your cabs there is also this thread you can show off your micro setups. You can my setup here as well a few of bongsauces micro boxes as well!
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1328631-Show-Your-Micro-Cab/box/pc-Etc

Peace & Love
    PyspherE

8. Wow py sphere nice return on that space . What kind of nutes do you use ? I have tried fox farm , advanced nutrients , but still not getting the return I want . The best crop I have ever done hands down was grown with don't say wtf , miracle grow . I used the grow in veg. And the flowerin flower the last 2 weeks iI flushed the crap out of them and the end product was amazing taste smooth ash was white and no sparkle . Only cost me 25 $ instead of 300$ for the advanced nutrients.

9. Bzerko what kind of strains are you running and what nutes are you using?

10. Hey psy sphere do you think that my plan to use two 600 hps in a 9x10x8 room will be OK to give me the meds I need ? I don't want airy buds I wants denseness !

11. If you plan on filling the whole room I would consider at least an additional 600w HPS or bump up to 2 x 1000w. If your going for high density & high potency you will benefit from the extra light! Also I recommend air cooling your lamps because it will help a lot to cool the room and allow you to get your lights closer to plants.

Peace & Love
    PyspherE

12. Yeah I'm planning on air cooling my lights and I'm gonna use a tables I made for growing they are only 4x4 so I'm gonna 2 in the grow room and leave me a lil walk way ! My room is so cool right now . Nice and cold thx pysphere

13. for DWC I was using General Hydroponics Flora Micro & Bloom + CalMg using the Lucas formula. In coco I was using General Organics BioThrive Grow & Bloom & CalMag+. Now I'm not using any traditional nutrients. I plant in an organic peat based mix with added earthworm castings, manure, humus, compost, blood meal, bone meal, perlite and bat guano. Throughout the grow I make different teas using the same additives depending on the growth stage. I simply put a few table spoons of the castings, guano, compost, and blood/bone meal into a sock that I put in about 2gal of water with an aquarium bubbler! I let it bre for about 48 hours then feed the tea to my plants! I still have a bunch of nutrients left that I hope to at some point but I've been having such good luck with the organic route and I was very pleased with the smell and taste I was able to achieve.

Peace & Love
    PyspherE

14. with 2 tables that size the 2 x 600w should do pretty well considering it takes up about half your room. Center each lamp over each table and you should do well! Glad I could help with the temps!

15. #1075 capadona, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
    Hi im having a problem, I have two fans one is 330cfm and one is a switch between 250-360. Now my problem is how to i put them? I have two aircooled hoods with two 600w running. Ive been using the one 330cfm to push air into the tent and the 360cfm to take out, but it gets a little hot, is there anything i could do like take away the intake one and put with the 360cfm? would it push more air out from the hoods? im a little confused.. hehe. I have the carbon filter > ducting > hood > ducting > hood > fan blowing out. I dont need any fan pushing air inside you say? It will all come by itself if i leave something for it go through? Or should I put both those fans pushing out and a little Pc fan pushing in?
    help would be aprreciated!! thanks

16. #1076 cali blazer2, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
    Sorry fellow canna heads my password got messed up so I had to set up a new account ! Its Cali blazer now aka Cali blazer#2

17. Anyone with grow room set up problems should talk with pypsphere on here he has helped me big time with temps and air flow check it

18. Youre on the right track! I would suggest using some PC fans to aid in the air intake and run your exhaust like this: carbon filter > 360cfm fan > ducting > hood 1 > ducting > hood 2 > ducting > 330 cfm fan > exhaust

With this setup make sure you have lots of passive intake and where possible add fans to aid with intake!

Peace & Love
    PyspherE

19. Hey pypsphere how is it going my password got screwed up so I had to do another one ! Cali blazer #2 my room can't be any better cool as can be. Had a quick ? The beans that my buddy gave me .it seems like they are 70%males30% female. At what internode should I see preflowers ??

20. There you go capadona see he knows his stuff air ,lights,temps. Pypsphere has answered all my ? Every time and it was the right answer every time .let's see if we can stump the great pypsphere. Hardest ? You can think of and ask him ! Bet he will answer right