Ventilation FAQ

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Bohbo, May 4, 2010.

1. Hey everyone trying to find sone help on setting up a sealed room with co2 I have a atmosphere controller just a little unsure on how to run all my air I know I'm going to just pill air from outside tent through lights and out other end I'm running 2 1000w I can either use my 6" inline which might not do it temp wise or run my 12" inline and reduce it to 6" for my hoods what other air is necessary in a sealed room ? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Sorry that i am about to ask a noob question, but I have just started to get interested in the growing. I wouldn't have to do a closet grow or anything stealthy; but would i need to have a fan on my crop if it is in the living room?

3. How much ventilation would two 600w led's need? I'm planning on using led's in my first grow but I'm not quite sure how much ventilation the room will needSent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. [quote name="Danny B" post="19383953" timestamp="1390362929"]Sorry that i am about to ask a noob question, but I have just started to get interested in the growing. I wouldn't have to do a closet grow or anything stealthy; but would i need to have a fan on my crop if it is in the living room?[/quote]When u plant go bigger the leafs can consume the Co2 around them very fast so u need to change the steelth air around.Also fans are used to keep the temperature and humidity in conditions.Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I'm looking at the Sunleaves Wind Tunnel 4" and 6" models….

I have a 3 X 3 X 7 grow tent...

I am running a single Area 51 LED light (160 actual watts)...

I plan on using an appropriate charcoal filter...

Some people have said that it's better to go with a bigger size fan and then run it slower via a speed controller. But I have also been told to avoid the Speedster controls because they can damage the fan's motor. And the alternative to a Speedster is a C.A.P. DNE Day/Night fan controller….They cost about $90.00!! But, hey, if that's the way to do it, then I'm down.

So, please advise me on what to do in regards to the fan.

Thanks

6. hey man, the 4inch would do it for that light easily. BUT id say go with the 6 inch and a speed controller. honestly, ive been running my fan on a speed controller as long as ive had it. the 6 inch will do the job and also give you some room for expansion if you decide to up your lighting system. the speed controller is kinda key actually...it lets you dial up or down how much air your putting through, which in turn really helps out with dialing in temps.

7. When it comes to stealth is there anyway I can just run the ducting out the back and just set it there? I live in a apartment so I can't be cutting into walls or anything and there's no outlets near the window so outside ventilation is out of the question...I plan on using a carbon filter with a 6in. Inline duct

Sent from my SM-N900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Can I use two in line fans to increase air flow or will they start to restrict air flow?? For example have one fan in case with carbon filter on it pushing air in duct and another fan on other end pulling the air out of the duct. Both fans are identical. Shouldn't air flow be better???

9. I used a bathroom vent system as a cooler air pump into my grow closet. .I use a 400watt hps and 3x LED 135 watters and keeps it cool as a good Florida day. .

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

10. It costs a total of $13+$6for dryer vent hosing

11. 830 watts and I have 5 autos and one bag seed baby

12. I'm completely new and really confused. I've got a room. 8W x 14L x  9H separate from house attached to garage sealed up with NOventilation as of now. This room will be for vegatating, clones etc but not flowering. ill be moving them outside for that. as of now I've got a small light for starting seeds on a folding table. it was a 21 something ( sorry thats not helpful) i also have one GGL T5 with 8 bulbs under it is 6 clones (3-4 weeks old) the room is getting too hot (I'm guessing not that much of the heat is from the lights) it was 95-ish at 2pm today. temperature here outside rarely gets above 90. hawaii. it was maybe high 70s today. I'm mainly looking for what you would suggest to move air/cool down temp. not concerned about filtering for smell now, but i will want to integrate that later down the road. should i decide to flower indoor.
    \nwhats the difference between intake vs inline fans? (is inline mainly used to cool lights?)
    \nwhat size intake or inline fan do you suggest? 4" 6" ? 
    \nwhat about air going out ? 
    \nshould i separate babys, clones and mothers in diff rooms?
    \nALOHA 

13. #873 flyfisher420, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
    is there such a thing as to much cfm? I got a 6 in inline fan and an 8 inch booster for my grow room but it is only 70 cubic feet I guess you'd call it. 3.5x4x5 the fan will push 435 cfm and the booster fan is close to that also I am putting both of them on a voltage meter to turn them down to about 60% which would be appx. 261 cfm which is still triple the amount neede for 1;1 ratio of air moving in and out. I have 8k btu ac unit and am going to try a urkle type strain my next grow using 400 watt hps, tower fan, and also dehumidifier.

off topic but any suggestions on urkle hybrid strains for anxiety free medicine.. or could you tell me where to post about this question.

I am mostly scared of it just making the ac work harder since its replacing it so much. im sure to much new air couldn't hurt.... is this assumption on point or no?

much appreciated in advances guys! :smoke:

14. #874 flyfisher420, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
    im all about over kill obviously, just looking at my post haha I am fairly new but I would think minimum of 10 in inline fan possibly 12 in.. if those increments are feet... if inches then its a much different game lol

15. Okay I'm glad I found this topic area. Now I searched this thread and I can't find a straight forward answer.

I have a 24" X 24" X 18" grow cabinet. Im trying to install the exhaust and intake into this steel cabinet.
    I have a 4" Soler & Palau TD-100X fan for the exhaust and a homemade carbon scrubber fitted to it.

How big should my passive intake hole be?

I've read twice the size of the exhaust, and ive also read 5 times the size of exhaust.
    Which is right?

17. I like to hear the answer to that question as well.

18. Someone actually answered this for me in another post. The correct size is double. I.E. if you have a 4" exhaust hole, you should either have an 8" hole OR two 4" holes. This will create a negative pressure and give proper aeration for the fan to pump.

19. Thanks dude!