Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Grasscity.com 420 Sale - 25% Discount

Ventilation FAQ

Bohbo

Bohbo

Grow Strong!

• Gold Member
  • 2,486 posts

Edited by Bohbo, 19 July 2010 - 01:34 AM.

• Alatar, ManNamedJed, Gardenmaster and 14 others like this

Similar Topics: Ventilation FAQ     x

Bohbo

Bohbo

Grow Strong!

• Gold Member
  • 2,486 posts

The F0X

The F0X

Rare Green Thumbed Fox

• Registered Upgraded
  • 280 posts
This FAQ answered every question I could even think to ask as a newbie to the indoor scene. And I am definitely going to be reading that DIY smell masker when my ladies start stinking. Thank you quite alot, good sir!

Bohbo

Bohbo

Grow Strong!

• Gold Member
  • 2,486 posts

• Doc_Jones522 likes this

The F0X

The F0X

Rare Green Thumbed Fox

• Registered Upgraded
  • 280 posts
Touche, my friend. But, like you said, I do not live within shouting distance of anyone. I could hoot and holler and stink a mile in radius and no one would know.

The F0X

The F0X

Rare Green Thumbed Fox

• Registered Upgraded
  • 280 posts
Those fans that you mentioned were slightly out of my price range. Would one such as this 6" In-Line Duct Fan be acceptable, until i can afford a better one? CFM of 160, free air and boosted.

AGGrower

AGGrower

Legal Grower

• Registered Upgraded
  • 395 posts
Thanks for the info

Ramones1234

Ramones1234

Registered AbUser

• Registered Upgraded
  • 416 posts
To the OP, I run a 6'' 540cfm through 1600 watts and exhaust from that is a constant 75f (drawing air at 70f room temp) and I have no doubt that the temp would rise only a tiny bit if I were running 2 1000 watters. My conclusion is that to be safe 250/300cfm per 1000 is optimum.

Those fans that you mentioned were slightly out of my price range. Would one such as this 6" In-Line Duct Fan be acceptable, until i can afford a better one? CFM of 160, free air and boosted.

These will move maybe half the CFM rated. Only in an emergency.

Edited by Ramones1234, 04 May 2010 - 06:25 AM.

AGGrower

AGGrower

Legal Grower

• Registered Upgraded
  • 395 posts
How would I go about putting an intake in to my room. Where would I put it?

The F0X

The F0X

Rare Green Thumbed Fox

• Registered Upgraded
  • 280 posts
Thank you, ramones!

A question to anyone willing to answer: I'm looking for the cheapest viable intake or centrifugal fan for a 4'x4'x6.5', 500W grow room(200 ish cfm, i suppose?). Any ideas or opinions on cheaper ones? I'm not really concerned about the sound factor. power usage is a priority, but not as much as price is.

One thing I do NOT want is my plants to have heat stress. Right now i have some personal fans, one at the door of my grow tent blowing outside air in and one behind the plants circulating the air that comes in. My temperature keeps at a constant 83, but I need a real exhaust fan for legitimate growing purposes of course.

Ramones1234

Ramones1234

Registered AbUser

• Registered Upgraded
  • 416 posts

Thank you, ramones!

A question to anyone willing to answer: I'm looking for the cheapest viable intake or centrifugal fan for a 4'x4'x6.5', 500W grow room(200 ish cfm, i suppose?). Any ideas or opinions on cheaper ones? I'm not really concerned about the sound factor. power usage is a priority, but not as much as price is.

One thing I do NOT want is my plants to have heat stress. Right now i have some personal fans, one at the door of my grow tent blowing outside air in and one behind the plants circulating the air that comes in. My temperature keeps at a constant 83, but I need a real exhaust fan for legitimate growing purposes of course.

Ebay always has some fair deals, personally I would go bigger than needed and get a speed controller. Its easier to go big and not need it than to try to get a deal only to make you spend more than you would have fixing a problem than by getting the right tool for the right job.
  • Cabinetman864 likes this

FullmoonCat

FullmoonCat

New Grower

• Registered Upgraded
  • 128 posts
I'm looking at getting this fan for a 2' x 4' x 5.5' wooden grow cabinet, running a 400 watt HPS. Do you think it would do the trick? -

High Tech Garden Supply

Alternatively, I thought about making my own vent fan out of a 7" fan I already have, but with material cost it might be almost as much, and would be way bigger. Space is obviously an issue in grow cabinets.

Bohbo

Bohbo

Grow Strong!

• Gold Member
  • 2,486 posts

FullmoonCat

FullmoonCat

New Grower

• Registered Upgraded
  • 128 posts
Awesome, thanks! +rep to you, good sir :)

G@nja

G@nja

• Registered Upgraded
  • 428 posts
using 4+ pc fans for a 2x3x4-5 (ish) box with a 400w hps

which would be the most efficient method of putting them in?
i was thinking 1 intake at the bottom then 3 at the top pushing?pulling? air out

do pc fans pull into a box or push? and do they pull or push when they eject the hot air??:confused:

Bohbo

Bohbo

Grow Strong!

• Gold Member
  • 2,486 posts

Edited by Bohbo, 04 May 2010 - 07:30 PM.

G@nja

G@nja

• Registered Upgraded
  • 428 posts
thanks alot for the fast reply.:D
Do you think having 6 pc fans will be sufficient to keep the temperature ,from a 400w hps low bay with an inbuilt ballast, ok for the plants? and would u reccomend having one intake fan with holes or just holes?:confused:

Bohbo

Bohbo

Grow Strong!

• Gold Member
  • 2,486 posts

G@nja

G@nja

• Registered Upgraded
  • 428 posts
will do thanks again for the fast reply
so essentially if its tooo hot i can just stick in more PC fans or is there a limit to how many will be efficiet
so what i mean is 1 fan =10cfm or summin then 3= 30 then 4=39 then 6=50 or such a trend
:confused:

My last question btw (i think)

Bohbo

Bohbo

Grow Strong!

• Gold Member
  • 2,486 posts

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)