Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Potassium Deficiency??? seedlings!

• Please log in to reply

masterlights

masterlights

• Registered Upgraded
  • 608 posts
Ok my seedlings are 2 weeks and 3 days old today.For the first 2 weeks they were in a starter deep cell green house with 3.5" deep cells.the medium was 3 parts roots organic,light warrior,coco and they had root riot starter plugs in the middle.first 2 weeks in the ghouse everything was good except i noticed slight yellowing on new set of leaves which i knew they were eating up all the N out of the 1/3 roots soil.

A couple days after i transplated em into their 1 gal pots of the same medium i started noticing purplish stems on all the plants and small brown spots on some of the old fan leaves of just a couple of the seedlings.

THey didnt get fed at all until yesterday with a 1/4 strength of grow big and a splash of hygrozyme.

Is this most likely potassium def????
What should i change next go around?Just use 100% roots soil and maybe hit em up with a light nute earlier??

Attached Thumbnails

• 003.JPG
  • 001.JPG
  • 002.JPG

shogo

shogo

budrot fighter

• Registered Upgraded
  • 138 posts
looks like a slight P overload to me make sure you have your micro's covered too. I don't think P bur shows on lower leaves first or anuythin like that

http://forum.grassci...-burn-pics.html

Dankafied

Dankafied

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 373 posts
Roots Organic and Light Warrior have enough nutes already in the soil to last a good 3 to 4 weeks. Roots Organic is considered a hot soil. that could just be nute burn. The coco is gonna throw off ur PH in the long run. PH doesnt really factor in the first 3 to 4 weeks. Other than that they look good! nutrient deficiencies dont really occur until after the first 3 or 4 weeks. anything before that is just nute burn. you should never plants nutes during seedling stage. put faith in the soil!

Edited by Dankafied, 28 April 2010 - 09:06 PM.

masterlights

masterlights

• Registered Upgraded
  • 608 posts
well it cant be nute burn bc i know what nute burn looks like..the tips of the leaves brown a bit..thats not on any of the leaves.i would of put faith in the soil but how is it after 2 weeks i have purple stems and spots now.

the seedlings grew great for the first 2 weeks..then growth slowed and the purple stems started happening.now i know their somewhat stunted bc the growth isnt what it should be.

i dont even think light warrior has any nutrients at all..its just seed starter so the 1/3 of the roots organic medium in the tray i guess just wasnt enough nutes to last a couple weeks.im kinda worried bc ive had this problem in veg for a while now and am running out of ideas.the only thing i havent tried is feeding them a light dose of nutes early in week 2.

the water i was using was just tap water that was sit out to evaporate and had a bubbler in it.

masterlights

masterlights

• Registered Upgraded
  • 608 posts
and i read that a p deficiency causes purple stems and brown spots to develop on the leaves.cant be a p overload bc they havent gotten fed before the problems started.ive seen results of hot soil and it causes the leaf tips to brown..that didnt happen to my babies bc i only had a 1/3 part roots organic.

is it possible the seedlings used up all the N and P in the medium while in the propagation tray and thus developed the deficiency???

masterlights

masterlights

• Registered Upgraded
  • 608 posts
shit i didnt mean potassium i meant phosphorus! deficiency:rolleyes:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users