Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

fabric/car seat upholstery repair kit...my summary

• Please log in to reply

sirseedymcseed

sirseedymcseed

certified bud expert

• Old School
  • 1,139 posts
ok, i don't feel like retelling the story but a little ways back my backseat got a burn hole in it. a fat crater. i couldn't just leave it there so i looked at all my options. i decided to try one of those cheap fabric/upholstery/seat repair kits. i was very, very skeptical, but what's the worst that could happen. the seat was already fucked anyway.

well, i was pleasantly surprised at just how much the kit did.

i got mine from amazon.com, it was an offproduct from the makers of liquid leather. it took forever to get here so i gave them average feedback. but the product did work somewhat successfully. all error was my fault.

anyway. i took the towel off the burn hole that was covering it and examined what i had to do. i clipped off the burnt edges of the hole. the sides of the crater were a rubbery black from the burn. the inside was foamy. i cut off the rubbery looking burn sides. i plugged the hole with cotton and smoothed it out so it wouldn't be too lumpy. then i cut the little piece of fabric the kit gave me and stuffed it inside the hole. i then poured one of the little containers of the adhesive glue liquid. at this point i was pissed. it looked bad, real bad and i didn't know if it was gonna work. i was looking at the color chart and there were no visuals to go by so i had to hope 'grey' was the color of my seats. wrong, it was more charcoal-colored. took the hard way to figure that out. anyway. after the first layer of glue dried, my dumbass forgot to put the second layer on. i started putting the fabric colors on, then realized i forgot the glue. i took the most off i could. then i put the rest of the glue. it spilled onto my seat and i made a huge gluey mess. but then i dumped the fabric mix onto all the white. the color blended fairly well but i was terrible at mixing the colors.

the directions were vague and i had to sit there and hope it worked. it's definitely noticeable. but it looks 10x better than a burnhole. i recommend this kit to anyone who needs a quick fix for a burnhole or fabric repair. i don't know if i'm gonna leave it, get a seat cover of some kind (maybe a nice waterproof black one), or just eventually have a professional fix it. but it does work.

advice: do this when you have plenty of time and are in no hurry. be careful. and don't spill the glue/fabric. it's messy and irritating.

if you find this useful, good. if not, don't post some asshole comment that doesn't contribute to anything. i just thought i would post my experience with the kit to let anyone else possibly wondering whether or not it worked.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users