Want to join the Vape scene... Need suggestions

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by jsav, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Okay, so I enjoyed my 4/20 very much, but my 4/21 was not so enjoyable... I still have a massive case of bronchitis that may or may not have been caused by smoking a lot of on April 20. This has in turn lead me to seriously consider a vaporizer.

Except there's one problem... Aside from the technical aspect of how Vaporizers work, I don't know shit about brands or any of that stuff.

What are some suggestions for looking at a vape? I'm looking for something of quality and reliability. The only vaporizer I've seen around is the Volcano. I considered it until I saw the price tag. (Still consider it in my dreams though...)

2. fuckcombustion.com has everything you need to know

3. Fuck Combustion is definitely your best source of information. When looking for a vape there are a number of things to consider:
    Price range
    Personal or Group use
    Do you want to conserve extremely or are you willing to sacrifice some efficiency for thick hits.
    And there is always the portable option.

4. #4 lwien, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2010
    As others have said above, pay a visit to the FC site. There's enough information there to keep ya busy for awhile and if you do the research there, you will be armed enough to make a very wise purchasing decision.

But typically what happens with threads like this, is that you will have people coming on here telling you to get the vape that they own, and that it is the best there is. Don't believe any of it, because there is no such thing as one vape that is the best for everyone and anyone who believes otherwise just doesn't know very much about the vaporizer market.

Do the research at FC and then once you've nailed your choices down to a few options, post back your questions, either here or over at FC.

But wise decision to quit smoking and going to vapor. Not only healthier for your body, but healthier for your bank account.

5. Definitey recommend fuckcombustion.com. Also take a look at gotvape.com to see thee wide selection of vapes offered. As a 8-month user of the Da Buddha Vaporizer, I would recommend it over any other whip-based vapes besides the SSV (Super Silver Vaporizer.) It has a durable build and an effective heating element. Plus it heats up in 2 mins. Sorry you're suffering from bronchitis. I'm sure a vape will help you to clear up your system. Just make sure you avoid those knock off Made in China vapes. They will just burn your herb and render the vape obsolete.

6. I just picked up a vapor brothers and I love it. My friend has a ssv and the vapor brothers works exactly the same, he wishes he saved some cash and got the VB.

7. Others have already pointed out FC website, which is a great resource to get started, but to kick-start some popular options for you:

home/group use: SSV, VB, or DBV are all fairly popular models. Extreme-Q vape has options for both whip and bag, so that might be something you're looking for too.

portable:
    I would have to recommend the MFLB as best bang for the buck. There are other portable options out there, but damn this thing is just awesome with regards to stealth, ease of use, and warranty.

8. I own the Extreme Q and I have to say I love it. I previously had a cheap hot box and it was nothing compared to this. If you own a 18.8mm bong you'll also be able to hook it up to your Q right outta the box which is a great treat!