Smoking With Snoop

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by BuddhaMonk, Apr 26, 2010.

1. OK, the title is an exaggeration, but I still need to brag about this and what better place to do it than on GC. So I went to this Snoop show the other day, couldn't find anybody else going so I went by myself which felt weird, but I'm not about to miss Snoop Dogg. Before I left I smoked a little and popped an X pill for the second time in my life, then headed out the door. I also had a little chronic joint in my pocket because I don't have the funds to do it any bigger than that. By the time I got there I'm pretty sure I was rolling because I was feeling pretty good and not paranoid or impatient or anything, which normally I would be in that situation. I didn't even freak out when I went through security when they were patting me down even though that's the first time I snuck drugs into a concert with any substantial security.

So I go wait in the crowd and get a spot not way too far back. Standing in front of me is a group of girls, a couple with shirts that say "SNOOP, SMOKE MY MILF WEED" and "SNOOP, LET ME ROLL YOUR BLUNT!" One of them starts talking to me and they become my companions for the night, even if I mostly feel like a tagalong. She tells me they came from out of town and brought 6 blunts with them, so obviously I ran into the right people.

Snoop took forever to come on, and most of the opening acts were nothing special. Some frat boys behind me keep going, "I don't care about Snoop, bring Sam Adams on," and I wanted to smack them for their disrespect. This concert also took place during the biggest drinking weekend at my school, so the crowd largely consisted of smashed white people. When we were waiting the crowd kept picking people up and surfing them around, which was pissing us off. After a while all the opening acts were done but Snoop kept not coming on, the hosts on stage were obviously stalling, and the crowd was getting pissed off and chanting various things, "Give us Snoop," "Fuck this Shit," etc. There was also this dude standing near us that we all thought was a cop, big dude by himself with a big red windbreaker on. At this point there was less than an hour left in the show and I was really thinking he wouldn't show, its happened to us before.

Then the host was saying, "Snoop is in the building," and I started getting hopeful again, and finally he came on stage! And rocked the shit out of it, of course. He did all the hits, new and old, and had Kurupt and Daz with him, and we were smoking Grape Ape blunts during his set, and it was an amazing time even though I think the X had mostly worn off by then so I was a little more on edge than before. The fairly short show was worth the wait.

Once he goes off the girl I'm with is like, "We're gonna go try and find him," and I didn't think that was possible but I still wanted to see what happened so I followed them. We figured he was in the basement of this house because there was a car pulled up outside of it and bodyguards at the top of the stairs. So we wait outside and I don't think anything will happen because they let a lot of people through but keep a lot of people out, too, including some members of the opening acts. But finally and unexpectedly, the bodyguards start letting anyone through, just a few at a time, and we're headed down the stairs.

At this point I was really high and really nervous. We go into this small room with people chilling, there's a table with watermelon and brownies and Skittles, coolers with water and gatorade, and at one end there's Snoop just sitting chilling, surrounded by entourage of course. But people were taking pictures of him one at a time. So the girls I'm with show him their shirts and he laughs, then they all get pictures with him. I kind of hang around at first because I don't want to be like a groupie and I was too scared to approach him, but then I realized how pissed off at myself I'd be if I missed this opportunity and got in line. At this point the door had closed and people were just busting out blunts, Snoop included.

Well I got my picture and my hand shake and I was pretty thrilled, I had gone just expecting to see a show. After that I just kind of stand there, with nothing to do but not wanting to leave either. Security had relaxed a little at this point, so one of the girls I'm with lights up a blunt and just hands it to him. It takes a while to come back to us, and I don't want to mooch off them any more than I already have, but I really want to hit that blunt. Then a bodyguard starts telling me if I'm not doing anything I need to leave because they want to get more people in, and I agree, but before I left I bum one hit, say peace to the girl I'd been talking to, and head out.

So that's my story, I tried to keep it short but clearly it's not, I just had to share. 4/23 definitely beat 4/20 this year.

2. Shudda hooked up with the girls.
    :).

3. That sounds like one hell of a night.