3 week water fast

Discussion in 'General' started by Renkluaf, Apr 17, 2010.

1. hey folks. Im going on a 3 week water fast. (only drink water for 3 weeks) I am not doing it for the SOLE purpose of losing weight, but it is one of the few factors.

3 weeks seemed good because 30 days seemed too long, and 60 sounded more like death.

Im just wondering if anybody has ever done this before and they can provide any help/tips? Thanks

2. So.... you're not going to eat?

3. It's okay...he's Canadian. They do these things from time to time.:D

4. EDIT: Good luck with the fast. I salute your intensity and dedication. I did it for 5 days once and found that antacid helped a lot to calm my stomach.

5. No offense but this is one of the dumbest ideas ever.

6. Why?

You're gonna get hungry as fuck.

7. So, you can't eat? Only drink water?

Or...

You can eat whatever you want, but you can't drink pop or milk or juice, just water?

8. Your cutting it close on your timeline. Body starts shutting down at 2-3 weeks with no food.

9. only drink water and not eat.

Just letting everyone know not to try and change and mind, it wont happen. Im merely looking for advice for people who have done it before.

Theres a lot more to it then just starving yourself to lose weight...dont get the wrong idea.

WHL - hunger pains go away after a couple days.

10. #10 soapman, Apr 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2010
    Have you ever fasted before? If not, I'd recommend trying it for a few days first just to see how well you do. You will get very very hungry just after a few days. To go three weeks that's like almost to the point of dying, you'd only be dragging it out because you're staying hydrated.

My advice if you must go that long...lots of sleeping, have minimal social contact, You'll be very on edge anyway, you'll probably just piss a lot of people off. Excederin for the headaches...at least I got headaches when I fasted longer than 5 days. video games tend to help pass the time. Sugarless green tea during the afternoon hours...teas will help in general...Vitamin C pills. I go for the chewable kind, but you can use regular ones too.

11. Start looking for a nearby dialysis clinic.

12. dont smoke weed

13. I hope no one has done this by choice before. It sounds completely worthless, not to mention without food your body is going to freak out.

14. Yeah man.... 30 days without food and you are dead.
    So you are cutting it close.

Best of luck to you....

15. thanks for the reply.

I have never fasted before but I am determined to go 3 weeks. I am just hoping like it doesnt come close to killing me but im told 3 weeks will most like not do that, especially for my weight.

I was curious when you said avoid social contact, did you mean avoid social contact BECAUSE i will be edgey? or is there a different reason? sorry for the mixup.

16. wait wait wait, I must know. Why are you doing this?

17. so you're only going to drink water? i.e. you wont be getting ANY of the nutrients or vitamins or minerals that WE NEED TO SURVIVE?

fasting is NOT a good, safe, or healthy way to lose weight so that shouldn't even be on your reasons for fasting list.

also, i wouldn't go three weeks. thats asking for health problems dude.

18. this is retarded you aren't going to lose weight. once you go back to eating you will put it all back on very fast. drastic diet changes (unless they are permanent) do not accomplish anything long term...you may drop 10-15 pounds at first but you will put it all back once you start eating again unless you change your entire diet and ease back into it and quit grease for good.

19. this.. fasting is not going to help you lose weight in the long run. you want to lose weight? theres one way its called DIET and EXERCISE.