Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

3 week water fast

• Please log in to reply

oldskoolgrower

oldskoolgrower

ಠ_ಠ

• Old School
  • 30,210 posts

hey folks. Im going on a 3 week water fast. (only drink water for 3 weeks) I am not doing it for the SOLE purpose of losing weight, but it is one of the few factors.

3 weeks seemed good because 30 days seemed too long, and 60 sounded more like death.

Im just wondering if anybody has ever done this before and they can provide any help/tips? Thanks

It's a horrible way to lose weight OR accomplish anything else.

When you fast, your metabolism starts to drop for one thing. You'll lose far more weight eating small amounts of food and exercising.

There is the little thing called the 'Rule of Three', which, basically put says that (in general) you can live for 3 minutes without air, 3 days without water, and 3 weeks without food.

A three week fast will leave most people with varying degrees of permanent organ damage. The liver, kidneys, and heart are especially hard hit. Renal, hepatic, and/or heart failure are the typical causes of death.
  • Ugyatag likes this

DirtyPete

DirtyPete

Mudrat Detector

• Bronze Member
  • 13,792 posts

oldskoolgrower

oldskoolgrower

ಠ_ಠ

• Old School
  • 30,210 posts
Even people who fast for religious reasons still eat. It's just generally a restricted diet in content and/or time of day that one can eat.

A few days of true fasting can be good for clensing the body of toxins IF you are in good shape and healthy. A longer fast can be cleansing and healthy if one drinks fruit and vegetable juices along with water during the fast.

EDIT: Also, most people who need to lose weight and fast wind up gaining even more weight back when they break the fast. It royally fucks with your metabolism if you do it too long and/or are not already in very good shape.

DaiLLeSTeL

DaiLLeSTeL

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,992 posts

Are you going to enlighten us on gluconeogenesis vs lipolysis?

Before you claim everyone else is ignorant you should provide at least some kind of scientific basis for your claims. Especially if you're making claims like:

"any aches and pain will be due to the body cleansing all of the toxins your body has built up from all of the artificial foods and shit you shouldnt be eating."

That's just dangerous advice.

Back pain can increase due to toxins in the lower intestine. Blood vessels that draw nutrients from the colon are very close to the nerves of the spine. Back pain will often decrease after elimination of the toxins

plenty of sources indicate this

and be sure to be drinking plenty of water. it will also ease the cleansing process and well as your bodily functions

Edited by DaiLLeSTeL, 19 April 2010 - 01:59 AM.

Chaohinon

Chaohinon

mountainarchy

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,431 posts

also ive noticed my spirituality skyrockets when i fast.

Any idea why that might be? :laughing:

oldskoolgrower

oldskoolgrower

ಠ_ಠ

• Old School
  • 30,210 posts

Back pain can increase due to toxins in the lower intestine. Blood vessels that draw nutrients from the colon are very close to the nerves of the spine. Back pain will often decrease after elimination of the toxins

A proper diet and exercise does a far better job of cleaning out toxins than any fast can though. After a short time in fact, which varies based on fitness, the bodies ability to eliminate toxins rapidly decreases as one fasts, because metabolic functions start to shut down one by one.

FrenchDogBlues

FrenchDogBlues

• Registered Upgraded
  • 186 posts
OP, you have already eaten haven't you? I bet you wont make it anyway, not to say your weak minded its just going against nature.

TearDownGod

TearDownGod

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 3,525 posts
Do we get to see pictures of your emaciated body after you've spent three weeks allowing your body to feast upon it's muscle to keep from dying?

V1RU5

V1RU5

Goldmine all mine

• Gold Member
  • 9,991 posts

• Chaohinon likes this

oldskoolgrower

oldskoolgrower

ಠ_ಠ

• Old School
  • 30,210 posts

your body will metabolize mainly fat since fat has more caloric value.

any aches and pain will be due to the body cleansing all of the toxins your body has built up from all of the artificial foods and shit you shouldnt be eating.

fasting cannot damage the kidneys or any other organs for that matter; quite the opposite....it will heal the organs of the body like no other method can.
Repair of Organs and Tissues During Fasting..........
Shelton: Fasting; Chapter VIII

and dog dont argue when ignorant on the subject, to say the least.

A three week fast for a person who is not in top physical and mental shape is virutally a death sentence. Fasting for a few days is fine if done responsibly.

You are giving out advice that could cause someone to wind up in the morgue.

DaiLLeSTeL

DaiLLeSTeL

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,992 posts
"When fasting, a person experiences recovery at a rate that is swifter than normal. He is ridding his body of toxins and excesses; allowing the body to use its own wisdom to healthfully reorganize itself from the atomic level. As the toxic load is reduced, the functioning of every cell is enhanced. In the same way that vital nerve energy is accumulated during a night's sleep, the faster builds nerve energy through rest, sleep, and detoxification. "

Fasting Elimination of Toxins

starting on 4.20 i will be water fasting for longer than 21 days. (since im not smoking for now)

perhaps this will be the thread where i give a day to day update.

Edited by DaiLLeSTeL, 19 April 2010 - 02:18 AM.

Cheating Death

Cheating Death

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 956 posts
wow im not into this fasting thing, but damn you internet people are being lame.

you guys dont smoke weed.

lying basterds

FrenchDogBlues

FrenchDogBlues

• Registered Upgraded
  • 186 posts

wow im not into this fasting thing, but damn you internet people are being lame.

lying basterds

And you like sports.

RipIt1

RipIt1

Bussin' Down

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,811 posts

lying basterds

This is what I'm starting the think.

What kind of weed smoker would want to fast? Doesn't add up. :eek:

Kush In My Soul

Kush In My Soul

Smoke mainly blunts

• Registered Upgraded
  • 202 posts
Dude go ahead and do what you want.. I admire you if you actually attempt to only drink water for a few weeks... I have a suggestion for you to become healthy and lose weight.. Go to GNC or your local nutrition store.. Get Flaxseed Oil, Vitamin B and C minerals, and protein shakes.

Intaking only the healthiest things in the world with water and not the unhealthy fast foods america serves for its people is an amazing thing to do...

3 weeks with lots of flaxseed, vitamin b and c, and drinking protein shakes will do wonders..

Kush In My Soul

Kush In My Soul

Smoke mainly blunts

• Registered Upgraded
  • 202 posts
Dude go ahead and do what you want.. I admire you if you actually attempt to only drink water for a few weeks... I have a suggestion for you to become healthy and lose weight.. Go to GNC or your local nutrition store.. Get Flaxseed Oil, Vitamin B and C minerals, and protein shakes.

Intaking only the healthiest things in the world with water and not the unhealthy fast foods america serves for its people is an amazing thing to do...

3 weeks with lots of flaxseed, vitamin b and c, and drinking protein shakes will do wonders..

V1RU5

V1RU5

Goldmine all mine

• Gold Member
  • 9,991 posts

TDWPfan111

TDWPfan111

Blazed All Day

• Registered Upgraded
  • 818 posts

This is what I'm starting the think.

What kind of weed smoker would want to fast? Doesn't add up. :eek:

stoners are generally more open minded in alternative medicine & spiritual experiences

me? not so much lol

TearDownGod

TearDownGod

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 3,525 posts

no dude, just water. we dont need anything but water. this webpage

even says so, right here in pixelated black and white-->

......... that website didn't look like it was worth citing as any kind of evidence at all..

edit- It didn't even cite anything to show that it wasn't fosfosfos

Edited by TearDownGod, 19 April 2010 - 06:09 AM.

reggaemylitis

reggaemylitis

across the rio grand-eo

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,556 posts
u ever read the hunger artist?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users