Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

get high off a cigar?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tri, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Ya this too^^, You don't inhale cigars like you do Weed. Try inhaling a cigar hard, see what happens.

2. No, I smoke black n milds and save all my mouth tips. Works perfect for a nice blunt.

3. I don't know why everyone is saying no. First the only problem is why inhale a cigar, but that's not the question.

Will you get high? - Depends on how big the roach was.
    Is it possible - completely.

As some have said as the smoke passes over the tobacco, some will cool and stick to it. Thus, if you smoke it later and inhale it, you will be getting the effects from the thc stuck to the tobacco.

Think about this, if you could choose between smoking the first half of a blunt to yourself, or the second half of a blunt to yourself what would you choose? Although equal amounts of physical weed in each half of the blunt, you would be getting a higher THC content per hit on the second half, since it has colleted THC from the smoke of the first half.

4. i inhale everything i smoke. i dont buy a cigar to just puff on it and let it flow out of my mouth. i buy cigars and cigs for a reason. to inhale them and get my nicotine...inhaling is a personal preference. its not wrong to inhale or not inhale.

5. We'll if you're doing it to get your nicotine cigars are a very inefficient way of smoking. But to each his own I guess.

6. Your not supposed to inhale cigars anyway. Any form of tobbacco is extremely dangerous and addictive

7. Take that somewhere else, if I wanted someone to tell me something I already knew, I wouldn't be on grasscity, I'd be watching truth commercials.

8. #28 NickC420, Apr 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2010
    good thing im a smoker then!

P.S. whoever it was that said cigars are an inefficient way to get nicotine, then fuck you, cuz its not. how else would you get your nicotine?

edit: yeah aaronsurf whatever. i dont give a fuck if you think what she is saying is wrong. nycdiesel i would listen to you all day about how tobbacco is damaging. :)

if you dont wanna listen to what she has to say then gtfo outta these forums. she can say whatever the fuck she wants.

im in a bad mood already, sorry you had to say something stupid and then have me bash on you. i dont care though

9. because it wont, sure a little resin on the tobacco thats inevitable, but surely not enough to even notice let along get HIGH. bowls collect resin the same, but you better smoke 20-40 bowls if u expect to catch a buzz dry hitting it, and that's with a low tolerance.

10. #30 Deleted member 255533, Apr 17, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
    While smoking a cigar... do I have to inhale all the smoke? ... Or just a little?

How about…none at all! You should not inhale the cigar smoke. The high alkalinity and poor amount of nicotine will make you cough and besides, you can enjoy a cigar’s flavor and body without inhaling.
    How to smoke a cigar

The high alkalinity of cigar smoke allows nicotine to be more easily absorbed through the mucous membranes in the mouth. So you can take those fuck you's and put them right back in your pie hole.

That doesn't change the fact that EVERYBODY here knows the dangers of tobacco, and NOBODY other than you apparently wants to hear any more about them.

Fixed

11. soundin like a douche

thats basically what you said during your little rant. get used to the fact that here and there your going to hear something that a) you already know or b) you dont wanna hear.

and thank god were all entitled to our own opinions. i may not have made it clear but i dont spend money on actual cigars. i like to buy myself a black n mild for every now and then. i INHALE and still enjoy everything about it. what you do and dont do with a cigar is completely up to the person thats smoking it. if you wanna just sit there and puff on it whatever i dont fuckin care. the point of this thread is to explain that you cant get high by using a joint and a black n mild.

12. I DO NOT suggest this, but if you inhale a cigar, and you don't regularly use tobacco products, you'll get a nasty, on the verge of puking, headrush.

Some people like it?? :(

13. i inhale cigars...i dont feel sick from it ever. lmao just because people say its not good for you to smoke it. people do shit that they're not supposed to do everyday. you guys should stop arguing about it. nobody can force their opinions on anyone else. and to continue to argue about it is to just add to your post count.

OP to answer your question. no you cannot get high that way. there would not be enough absorbed thc in the cigar to even make you feel a difference.

I'm sure someone is going to argue with me about my comment though :rolleyes:
    cuz they got nothin better to do.

14. #34 Deleted member 255533, Apr 17, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
    I didn't say that I had a problem with anyone inhaling, all I said is that isn't what they're meant for and that it is an inefficient way to get a nicotine high, which are both factual statements, shit I even said to each his own at the end of my post just so someone like you wouldn't start running their mouth... Yet for some strange reason that offended you enough to tell me to fuck off. Unlike you, I didn't direct any offensive words towards anybody. You should think about the things you say before calling someone else a douche.

15. not once during any of nickc420's posts did he mention anything about getting a buzz off of cigars. He simply said he smokes and inhales them for the benefit of getting the nicotine into his system. however what you are saying is factual. perhaps before you assume things you should go through and read what he actually said? im not trying to start ANOTHER argument, because i honestly think its quite pointless. but before you make assumptions just be sure to read and understand what is going on. this goes for you too nickc420.

and please dont try and bully me with your awesome post count ;)

16. "whoever it was that said cigars are an inefficient way to get nicotine, then fuck you, cuz its not. how else would you get your nicotine?" Was exactly what nick said. Insinuating that you have to inhale in order to get nicotine from a cigarette and that I must be fucking stupid for thinking anything else.

You're being kind of nit picky aren't you? Why else would you need nicotine in your body other than to have a nicotine high?

P.S. when did I ever say anything about my post count?

17. on the whole thing about inhaling cigar smoke. yea your not supposed to do it. its gonna be alot thicker and its just gonna hit and fuck up your lungs. what i like to do is blow it out slowly after a puff n then take a quick suck in and youll get that bit of cigar smoke in the lungs but wont hit or hurt as much. yes i kno its bad for you, but itll give ya a bigger buzz at times. this isnt somthing i do alot just somthing im saying. :D

18. 1. you must not be a smoker lol the inhalation of nicotine de stresses and relaxes alot of people like myself. So no not everyone smokes them to get a buzz. Oh by the way you dont get a buzz everytime you smoke a cigarrette or a cigar. Just so you know.
    2. the part about post count wasnt directed at you at all. matter of fact your post count is pretty low so why would that be directed towards you. Actually it was directed at nickc420 because people with a high post count love to bully those who dont.

P.S. Dont think everything i say has to do with you...thats almost considered conceited

If my post does not seem proper to you though feel free to continue the pointless conversation :)

19. And you must not know very much about drugs or their effects on the human body because you don't have to be getting messed up, or even buzzed to have a high. Nicotine is a drug, just like heroin, and as with heroin, every time you smoke a cigarette you are getting high, whether it's in the form of stress relief or a head rush.

I assumed you were being sarcastic, not too out of the ordinary considering the majority of your post was directed at me.

20. #40 ne plus ultra, Apr 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2010
    lol i know plenty about the drugs i put into my body. i am actually fully aware that tobbacco is a drug so please dont continue to make stupid assumptions.

Have you ever heard of drug classification?

I suppose i will allow you to have the last post though. i dont really like to argue with people when its going nowhere. i especially dont like doing it online cuz its absolutely pointless. but go ahead make another post add it to the list :D(now see, thats sarcasm)