What do you really know about the Christian Religion

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by with_his_author, Mar 26, 2005.

1. most religions in fact were created at times when people needed something to believe, so people created stories and laws to make people change their ways of life, just like pigwax said.

2. Indeed, DMB does kick ass.

3. It's called a belief. I believe the Bible is 100% correct. Am I asking you to believe as I do? I didn't think so.

Correct, I believe I was in a conversation with three people, was I not. So when I say you people WHO could I be refering to. Could it be "you people" cause that is what it was meant to be.

Gee, let me think. Yes I can classify you with "you people" cause you were apart of the conversation.

That is my opinion based of the things you have said in this thread. So, YES you are intolerant.

Ok, I about dies laughing cause in your own sentences here you contradict yourself. Let me help point it out to you.

So has the Bible been disproven? Has my religion been disproven? So if they haven't been disproven then your statement of the facts isn't facts is it. It's still just your opinion and by saying your opinion are facts you are being intolerant. Case closed your intolerant.

Has that been proven with out me knowing about it. No. It's still your intolerant opinion not FACT.

Well it wasn't meant to push my beleifs as you can reread the thread and find that out. It was made to clear up some of the false opinions and false facts people have about the Christian religion. And if you reread the thread you'll see most have the opinion that Christians are intolerant and pushy about their beliefs where I prove by way of "you all" that it's not true infact the oposite is true.

Simple answer using your own words:

Two examples.

Yes, you believe that we all live our lifes gaining as much wisdom in this life as possible then we die. If we didn't get all the information we needed we are recarnated into humans again to fulfill that need of more knowledge. Once one gets all the knowledge and wisdom they form there own heaven. At least thats what I think you believe. Correct me if I'm wrong.

But wait your not trying to make fun of my religion, at least thats what you said you weren't doing. Does that mean you lied:

Smart ass would fall under this catergory correct:

Joke would fall undert the making fun correct. So you are doing both as I said before.

Was I talking about your life out side of these posts, NO. So stick to the posts and not out side life. The unlike you still stands.

Correct, a choice has been made to believe as I want to believe.

Just because it's different doesn't make it right. Just to let you know since you most likely didn't read when I posted it before I have looked out side the box many times and through many different angles and still the beleifs I have are still standing strong and not wavered.

Or could those exclamation marks been put there for the reader that fears Bob was lost forever. More of a referming that Bob is Ok even thou he has passed away. Take it as you want cause it comes down to the whole choice thing. You choose to take what the writer had to say as he was promoting his religion, I take it as he was helping those that feared the end of Marley.

You must be smoking more then cannabis. I love Bob, even more know that I know he was a Christian. But before I loved his songs because they helped relate my feelings in beautiful words of song. And really how does it attempt to justify his good works, as Brody said in Mallrats "Where do you come up with this shit"

Again I must ask what else are you smoking. Read about the rasta religion and see where it came from can you say Judeo and Christian beliefs. Rastas believe Jesus was the Son of God, so do Christians, Rastas believe Jesus was put to death on the cross for our sins, so do Christians. Read alittle about the Rasta faith. The only difference I see in the religions are Rastas they think the king of Euthopia was Jesus or the messiah recarnated. At least thats what I got out of the links you posted.

I think you really do need to reread those links and see the part where Rastas came from. It might help you in this convesation.

Mental Slavery=bound by the old covenant laws (aka: 10 commandments)
    Ourselves, free mind= Only you can accept Jesus to free you from the old covenant (aka: 10 commandments)

Goes back to the Christian religion where Rastas took it from. Look into it see if I'm wrong or right.

It's been fun, it's been real but it hasn't been real fun. Chat with you soon enough.

Rev. Michael T
    Soldier for Christ and Cannabis God's gift

4. True some Christians do, do that. But doesn't every faith and religionm have those people. Why should I a Christian that hasn't done any of that be classified with people that do, do that. It think it's unfar of you to have that opinion about so many people that don't act in that manner.

Funny how some people can insult you when you imply the tone you preseve them using.

Your choice.

Gee, if you would have read it you would find out who and how they came across other people on earth. But you didn't do that did you. You just spoke out as if you did read it and there wasn't an answer. Read Gen. it gives the answer. Maybe you should have done that before you called it an "pretty big error that some one made fabricating a ridiculous story"

No just a simple answer "Reading is fundamental, try it and learn about the topic you think you know." Just as the thread is named "What do you really know about the Christian Religion" obviousely you are miss informed and thats why I made this thread. To clear up those false beleifs or half truths you think you know about my religion.

I find it very funny that you said this right before something that has never been proven to happen:

It sounds like you already do. Man from monkeys, good one. It's your beliefs so all I really want to say is you already do.

Everyone has a choice and it looks as if you have made up your mind so good luck with that.

One day I need to do a thread on respect so I can clearly see what most of you see as respect. Cause I have a toltally different out look then most of you that have posted in this thread.

May my Lord bless your day and night, may he give you all the peace and answers you are looking for.

Rev. Michael T

5. Alrighty here I go lol

Fair enough. My mistake, I was assuming because some Christians think that its proven.

So "you people" are
    people who
    and don't
    but at the same time

So you judge "us" and then the next second don't understand "us". Thanks for being so clear.

So you weren't judging me?

Intolerant of what? The christian religion?

Look, invisible hippos are eating your brain right now. Can it be proven, can it be disproven? Thats the point, God hasn't been proven or disproven, therefore the definition of that is basically a fiction. "An imaginative creation or a pretense that does not represent actuality but has been invented"

Back to my point, show me proof, a fact, that God exists.

And im not pushing my believes on you, im just saying that the bible hasn't been proven or disproven. How is that not a fact?

Reading my other posts I see ;)

I dont' believe in that. I keep an open mind. When you believe in something you are stopping yourself from gaining information and wisdom. You set how high you can jump. I don't like to have that bar set, if I believe anything its that anything is possible.

When did I make fun of your religion. By saying that its not proven made fun of your religion. If so then im sorry.

I'm sorry, you're ideas aren't full enough, and your looking at what I say and taking it the complete wrong way. Your statements don't make sense. My friend just talk some sense into me and told me to stop debating religion because theirs no point. As for Bob Marley, his words insipire me everyday. Music is about what it means to the listener. And when I quoted him, for me mental slavery is today's society. Its like shakespears.. his words can be related into todays society. Believe what you want to believe. Im done with this.

It was entertaining and a good debate. :smoke:

"Everyone needs their proof
    Some kind of rule to latch onto
    We all want to peek outside the box
    But were all caught up inside staring...just trapped inside
    We need to see, all of us just little thoughts, racing out of control,
    Serving the speed of light and we like the truth we want nothing but truth.
    Go ahead, try and find yourself a part of every perfect thing...
    In the footsteps of harmony
    Everyone wants the answer they're sure unlocks every question.
    I want to give it away."
    -Over It

6. You, Pigwax, Ta'veren, etc

Have a different beleif then I.

Beleive as I.

I respect because we are all human and all have different beliefs which I can not judge because I am not God and am in no way worthy of judging others.

But that was a nice try to put words in my mouth. It's just to bad I never said or even felt that way about "you all". However for those that did fall for that little trick here is what I did say that was taken out of context:

For more of that conversation turn back to page four of this thread.

I should would have if thats what I said but since I posted what I said and not the out of context ever few words you know and I know I do not judge others. Reread the posts and see what I'm telling is the truth.

It's always my pleasure to make myself clear and understandable. Of course you were being sacastic to something you put in my mouth so in actuality you dissed yourself by being sacastic. For that I say "GOOD ONE SCOOBY"

That would finally be a correct statement from you.

You answered your own question, Intolerant of what? ---> The Christian Religion.

No it can not be proven, can it be disproven yes. For one if a something was eating a brain the brain that it was eating that person wouldn't be able to funtion. Second X-Ray. Whole brain equals no invisible hippos. Your level of conversation is going down drain very fast. I hope you will pick it back up as I know you can.

Did I ever say I can prove God to exist? And no that doesn't make him fiction. Thats like saying the bottom of the ocean is fiction. No one has seen it, it's written about in books but it hasn't been proven. So by your def. of fiction the bottom of the ocean is fiction.

He's my point, I don't have to. Maybe if I started a thread "Does God exsist" I would but thats not the topic we are on are we? But if you really want proof jump off a 1000 foot tall bridge and when you hit bottom, say Hi to God for me.

I've already proven you have and were.

Thats not what you were saying. Would you like me to remind you what you were saying:

Your changing your answer after you already said what you really mean.

That fact is thats not what you were saying before.

I read waht you believe and stated what you believe didn't I. Cause that was the quewstion to me. "You don't even know what I believe" I believe you wrote.

http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?p=586368#post586368

So your a liar.

If what you said was true then you would have an open mind to Christianity and the fact that there is a God. But you really don't have an open mind cause you don't keep it open to all beliefs. You have already chosen what your going to be open about and what your not going to be open about. Just tell the truth oyu have beliefs and you won't be open to others just as I have beliefs and I won't be open to certain others.

I've already shown that.

Well since you never even said that until this post I'd have to point back to where I'VE ALREADY TALKED ABOUT IT.

It wasn't so, so I guess there was no appolige.

Don't be sorry for my idea's not being full enough to you, be sorry for yourself cause you didn't read and understand them.

Read them sober.

There is a point but you have failed to recognize it cause well I'd have to say denial.

Choice's. Believe what you want or believe what the writter intended. It's up to you.

Always is when it comes to religion.

May my Lord and Savior give you the clearity that you are looking for, may he give you insight through the things you read, listen to, and deal with. May my Lord guide and direct your footsteps in to a peaceful state of mind. May my Lord Bless you daily.

Rev. Michael T

7. with_his_author, you seriously need to take a quick course on rethoric, and a follow up in text analazysis.

I'd say it is impossible to be honest about misinterpreting what people say as much as you do. In fact, it smells more like a deliberate personality trait. You're always going for the smug little onehitters that you apparantly think scores you some points. This tells volumes of your maturity level.

I won't come up with some funny irony or sarcasm here as a last remark in this thread from me, 'coz you would probably just go misunderstand it, and then I'd have to explain it to you and it would never end. :wave:

edit:

thanx for the efficiency and sheer bravado of beeing so utterly fast in proving my point.

It's no good having a discussion where the other side does not listen. Where the other side does not even begin to understand the even most basic tenants of a good discussion. Where the other side does not even bother to try and understand what you are saying. I got better things to waste my time on :)

8. You must be upset from our last incounter. Which makes me laugh cause it's been some time and I never got a reply. Thanks for telling me whats wrong with my posting. I'll do better next time for ya.

May my Lord Bless you Zylark with your everyday needs and wants. May my Lord guide your footsteps to a holy place of rest. May my Lord give you to insight you have been looking for. May my Lord and Savior keep a watchful eye out for you so that way he can protect you in your hour of need. May my God Bless You in general.

Rev. Michael T

9. Just a quick side note for with_his_author, evolution does happen. Things do evolve.. that is proven.

10. Tim3WorX-

I do know that, I have a one year old daughter it's very obviouse things evolve watching a child grow up. But man from monkeys has not been proven and that is what I talked about not just "Things Evolve." But thanks for chiming in. It's also been a while since I have heard from you. Glad to see you back here.

May My God give you joy in your life. May My Lord give you inlightenment in the area's you want to be inlightened about. May My lord give you strength in your time of weakness. May My God watch and deliever you in your time of need. May My God Bless you in everything you do and want to do.

Rev. Michael T

11. Well, it is probably not the monkies we see today but definatly something similar. Remember we are talking about billions/millions of years for this to happen. Your god has givin me nothing beneficial/relevant at the time that I have needed it in the past. I don't take to kindly to your gods followers. I was harassed in highschool for not believing and was told countless times I'm going to burn in hell by "christians".

I believe in a universal energy. At the same time I believe in a nicer form of your God. If are a good person you go to some form of utopia and you don't have to spread his word or go to church or anything besides just being a good person in general.

What I would like from your god now is to let me sleep. I haven't had regular sleep in the past two weeks. I just lay in bed or I just get so tired I pass out for maybe 30minutes to an hour. Where is your god for me now?

12. I'm sorry that my God hasn't given you the evidance you have requested. I will give a shout out in your name and do a little more on my behalf. Meaning I will fast for you giving up something I desire for something you desire. But if I do this and I will, please be honest with me when I come back on-line Friday and let me know if you got the sleep you have been craving. I appoligize for the stupidity of my fellow Christian brothers and sister. Being young and bull headed can cause some people to give a false interperation of the religion they stand for. Please do not think that all Christians and reps for Christ are like that. I feel your pain in that area because where I lived in KY the Church of Christ was domanent and I even though hold close to the same faith was told over and over I was going to hell because I didn't belong to their church. I know people like that are assholes and not even worth the argument they want to start. This week I bet will be the best week of sleep for you. If not, just go ahead and make fun of me and my religion like so many others here have done. No worries.

Rev. Michael T

13. In the history of the human race, of all the inspirations for the separation of man from his true tribal culture, of all the inspirations for the acts of violence from one man onto another, from one nation onto another, from one oppressor onto the oppressed. There is no more guilty party and inspiration than those books known as the Holy Bible, the Koran, and the Bagavad Gita to spread separation of mankind.

14. well said.............Peace out...........Sid

15. this is true. books like the bible have helped many people individually, while seperating people on a whole. the religions make people feel good about themselves, while trying to restrict other people's ways of life. in the past, extremists of chirstianity/islamic/other cults etc... have all killed and tortured many for not following thier beliefs. people of today are still prosecuted and looked down upon by followers of some faith, islamic people are still at war with what they consider "non-believers".

religions have caused many problems, but they also brought some good- christians have been known for thier philanthropy in the recent years. but this is how it is to me- if you follow any religion with a "god/s", then you are just looking for an explanation for something you can't ever explain... i think someone said something similar in an earlier post... what really makes your religion right anyway? was it your parents who raised you on it? your friends who convinced you of it? your easily debatable pieces of paper that could have been written by any man with any purpose? are all of these things unfailable? is it possible that they and you (with_his_author) are wrong? or are they like god, who always speaks the truth. don't even say thats "its all based on faith" because thats what the faith is based on- being raised on it, being trained on it, and reading up on it. in my opinion, you can't say that you know god, unless you've seen him or interacted with him in some way other than praying or "seeing a miracle" and imagining his presence. in a way, its like taking a placebo- you think you feel better about life and you know how the world works, but in reality... you don't. but n e wayz... i'll admit theres a possibility of a god if you admit that theres a possibility that theres not.

16. Hitler didn't kill any Jews as far as we knew, however people acting on his ideas killed millions of people who were guilty of nothing more than being born into a faith or race which was considered by Hitler and his followers as inferior to theirs and therefore undeserving of existence.

Christ never killed anyone as far as we know, however people acting on his ideas killed millions of people who were guilty of nothing more than being born into a faith or race which was considered by the church and it's followers as inferior to theirs and therefore undeserving of existence.

17. Originally the church was much kinder, more understanding, and tolerant, even radical for its time. the faults of the church stem from an excess of dogmatic law, refusal to evolve with the society, and becoming to big to be truly personal. You can say all you want about the way the church is run, but the ideals behind it are compassionate. While I'm no longer a practicing Catholic as I once was, i feel alot can gained if you keep an open mind when listening to scripture