What do you really know about the Christian Religion

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by with_his_author, Mar 26, 2005.

1. with_his_author, do you believe that the people that don't believe in your god go to hell? If so.. alot good people are going to hell. The main reason I don't believe is because there is very little proof your religion. Yes there isn't much proof for any religion but more for others than yours. Also the bible is no proof considering its been changed countless times for thousands of years.

2. I wish I could do the same sometimes but the other times I'm the one that brings the issue up so I get what I deserve when anger flys and teh insults behind it.

It started out as the religion of my parnets. When I was 15 I strayed away from it searching for my own answers. Around 19 the answers I was looking for lead me back to reading the Bible. While reading the Bible (book of Proverbs to be exact) I realized the bible had alot ot offer if I was willing to take the time and search for it and be open to it when I find it. So I did. For three years I keep looking in th Bible for answers to life problems and guidance from it as well. There were a few times when I stopped reading for a few months and shit started to go down drain. In those times I would still talk with God and he would comfort me in different ways. Sometimes with just a complete peace on the inside, sometimes with a friend I haven't talked to for a while calling out of the blue. I dabbled in many hits of acid 77 in three months to be exact and the more I did acid the more I learned about myself and those I hung around. I started to do some very heavy drugs on a regualr bases when one day I didn't want to do them any more. That day I stopped all drugs accept for cannabis. I then started to meditate (reading, quiet times alone, etc) while smoking weed and I learned a alot more about myself. For along time I didn't think I was living the Christ like life because I did alot of things like drugs. When I examined my life during a meditation time I saw that I was living the Christ like life by example not by what the church has said. So at that time I started to heavily read my Bible to see what I was taught to be true or false. I came to the conclusion that most of what I was taught was more of people's own conviction and not enough of the Biblical facts I wanted to be taught. Thats when I started to vibaly witness and do my part to spread the word of God. After about a year or so of doing my own mission I asked God if there was anyone else out there that had the same intentions and purpose, thats when I came across the THC-Ministry. Which isn't a Christian ministry it's a cannabis ministry that helps people. I adapted it to my beliefs and applied it in many area's of my life. I started to read more books like the book of Enoch, Uritarian Papers, etc and added more to my belief system. I am still growing with my beliefs but I can say I am a Christian because I follow Christ's teachings and teach Christ's teachings. If I read something and it doesn't agree with my conscience I stop reading if I like something I adapted it to my beliefs but don't go much further then the point the I disagree with. The Bible so far is the only one I totally agree with but I still don't nderstand all of it, things that happened adn things that will happen. One day I might but for now I just search for the three things that I started to look for WISDOM, KNOWLEDGE, and UNDERSTANDING.

Reread teh story if you haven't read it read it. Satan is punishing Job. God just allows it to happen to show satan how strong his top dog was at that time. Cruel at it may sound it was a bet between God and satan.

I don't recall that but I haven't read that story for sometime know. I'll reread it but I don't think Job ever confronted God. His wife tells him to curse God and just die but he even with sores, family dead, no land, no money wouldn't betray a God that gave him all the things that were taken away.

Again it was satan that did the punishing and there was a reason, to show job's faith off.

Neither would I.

Rev. Michael T
    Soldier for Christ and Cannabis God's gift

3. No, I believe the people that don't accept the forgiveness offereed to them will go to hell. But I can't say forsure who will and who won't go to hell because God is the judge and he has the final say in the subject. He judges everyone's hearts and I have no way of telling who's hearts have been in the right place.

If so alot of bad people could be in heaven.

True, it's a faith religion.

Really, could to tell me which other religion gives better proof. Not saying mine does I've just never seen any other religion give proof, they all are faith religions as well. At least I thought.

It's not meant to be proof, it's meant to be read, studied, applied and shared. I agree it has been changed over the years but do we really know that for sure, it comes down to choices, do we believe people that tell us it's changed or do we believe it's a Holy Book and whats in it was meant to be in it. I personaly believe both, I believe it has been changed and have no proof of it but I also believe God is powerful enough to leave what he wanted in it no matter who took something out of it.

Rev. Michael T

4. That book you read, is a fiction, so you believe in a fiction. As long as you accept that im happy, you can't just say the bible is the one and only truth.

I know! I didn't think God would gamble with the material possesions and physical health of an innocent man.

Yes you should re-read the book. They do confront at the end. And God doesn't give any reason for his *allowing* of jobs suffering. He just says he is too powerful and job would never understand because he is so great and powerful... looks to me God didn't have a reason, and this fictional story is just a way to solve "why good things happen to bad people".

:smoke:

5. (don't know where the bold part of your post came from???)

Why is it that people like yourself ask Christians a question:

Then dis us when we answer your question:

How retardedly intolerant of you. If you wanted to make fun or disrespect my faith just do so, don't be such a sneak about it. Have the balls enough to say what you want to say with out setting up someone. I don't understand you people. Am I pushing my beliefs on you. NO, then why are you all trying to push your beliefs on me. I just don't understand. I have a different belief then you, I do not push mine I just answer question but when I answer you all start pushing your beliefs on me. Just retarted in my opinion. Hypocritical as well.

Then why did you play dumb and act like you didn't know? Not enough balls to say what you realy wanted to say I guess.

Well know you know, oh wait you already knew!!! (<---- like that I copied you.)

I said I would didn't I. See unlike you I say and do as I mean.

I will be reading it soon but thank you for the paraphrase.

I thought we already talked about that I remember typing:

If thats what you got out of it, good job.

I'm still dumbfounded by all the people that keep trying to get me to believe as they do, and you all call Christians intolerant. This thread just shows how wrong you all are. Keep pushing your faith, I won't budge. I also find it funny that I admit to reading other books such as the book of Enoch and the Urantia papers and you all still think I only read the Bible. Jokes on you people for not paying attention to what I've written. Jokes even bigger since my religion is the Religion of Jesus Church, maybe you'll should read up on it.

http://www.hialoha.com/konagold/church/

Rev. Michael T

Oh, one last thing. A little info for ya if you didn't know Bob Marley was a Christian.:smoke:
    http://www.lionofzion.com/faq/78da334a040000c70094/Bob+Marley.html

6. with_his_author, i'm not trying to push my beliefs on you, you are completely misunderstanding me. i'm taking part in a discussion about religion, so how can i express my views without seeming like i'm pushing my views on you? your the one who started a thread on what we think we know about christianity, and i'm telling you what i think i know, nothing more. so don't take the defensive so much, its just our opinions.

7. Christianity promotes peace... Yet has started some of the largest wars in history if not THE largest wars.

Christianity teaches good virtues and discipline.. Yet employs bishops that play with little boys.

So maybe it is not the christian religion that is imperfect but the very people that follow it.
    Then again humans will never be perfect so Christianity is just a goal people reach for and never obtain. Next time you're at church look at the people around you.. Are you really convinced that they or you are perfect christians. Or that they go to church simply because that's what you're supposed to do? Somewhere in the bible it says that angels where made of fire and humans of mud. Screw that I think we're all beings worthy of being molds and not models. I wasn't created in any "jelous" gods image, or of mud, or evolved from an ape. Followers of any man made religion are spiritually lazy. They think all the universe is answered in one little book, constantly crammed down their throat. That is arrogance of the worst kind. Then again that's just my opinion because forcing my opinion on anyone would be hypocrisy. :rolleyes:

EDIT: did not realize you where a pastor. I have alot of respect for people in that position. Sry if i offended you father :)

8. I could be, I often do that. But when someone keeps questioning one book I read and believe in it seems more like your trying to convince me my beliefs are wrong and yours are right. Therefor you are pushing your beliefs on me.

I don't know, I think I'm doing a good job at it but of course it's me that writing so others reading could see me as pushing my beliefs. I keep rereading the posts to make sure I'm not doing it but I could be blind ot it cause it's me. So I guess my answer would be just try.

Your right and I'm seeing that alot of people have a false opinion of a religion they hate so much.

Thats what I asked for so no matter what I say please keep doing so.

Your right, I shouldn't be on the defensive so much. But if you read a comment that would put you on the defensive if it was addressed to you or about your beliefs please forgive me for taking that stand, it's natural for me to do so. I'm a debater and a defensive debater at that. I will do my best to not be so defensive but I just ask for a little respect because I give alot. Thank you for addressing this subject in the correct manner. I really do appriciate it.

Rev. Michael T

9. I'd first like the say thank you for posting in the manner that you did.

Oh so sadly true.

Oh so sadly true.

That is exactly it. Your a very wise person.

It is a goal we strive to reach, but it is hard to reach and be like that 24/7. Good thing I believe God knows what we go through.

They and I aren't we as you said before are stiving for that goal.

Reminds me of the Simpsons.

Molded like clay, God being the potter us being the clay. I believe God does mold us like that. It's a life long journey of molding in my opinion.

We share in some beliefs but differ in others, to each his own as the saying goes.

Oh so sadly true. But of course there are exceptions to that. At least I believe there are.

You truly are a wise person, I hope to see more posts from you in the spirtual section.

Rev. Michael T

10. i just finished rereading this thread, while doing some other stuff at the same time. with_his_author, thank you for understanding my last post, and wanting to continue the conversation, but i have something i need to do right now, and i read before that this is your last day for a while, so maybe we can continue when you get back. :smoking: smoke a joint, and think of pigwax... and laugh

11. I'd enjoy carring on in another thread sometime. Keep up the debating you kick ass at it.

Rev. Michael T

12. I mean't that as in "i won't keep arguing in this thread". I just don't understand how you can say that the bible is 100% correct. (unless your not saying that??)

Why did ya make this thread?

What part of my belief system am I trying to push onto you? Hey, can you even answer what my beliefs are?

lol.. sorry I didn't think to put it in my post.. chilax. I don't "play dumb" on a web site. There's no point.... unless im trying to be a smart ass and make a joke :D

whoa.. "unlike you". Dude you don't even know me.

Sure thing. ;)

This is only my opinion. But I think that if you tell yourself "This is the way it is" then yea.. thats how its going to be. But if you look outside your "box", don't you think it might look different from another perspective?

lol.. thats a funny one "Regrettably Bob was not able to leave us any post conversion recordings, but he did give us some great music and a powerful spiritual legacy with his last minute transformation. And he is probably singing a true redemption song in Heaven right now!"

haha.. I liked the exclamation make at the end, like whoever wrote that was trying to make a point and justify their religion

That site isn't hard facts that he "at the last second" changed his faith. It just sounds like a bad attempt to justify his great work. Yea, he did wrestle with his faith, but why don't you step out of your ego and look at the things he did for people and how many people he inspired with his music. So in the end.. you can't justify Bob Marley as a christian, because throughout his life he was rastafarian.

http://www.mp3.com/updates.php?artist_id=2415&article_id=36197
    http://www.bobmarley.com/life/story/

Read those and tell me what you think, and listen to his music and see if you can find a reference to christianity.

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind..." - Bob Marley

13. another example of religion causing arguments, which on a larger scale between a hell of a lot more people could lead to fighting and "holy wars".

so they think their god wants them to kill a load of people...erm :confused:

14. its just a trivial discussion for our debating enjoyment... but your talking about islamic people, right? thats a whole new discussion.

15. i like what this guys sayin! :smoking:

16. Yea me too.

17. I know that christianity is supposed to be about love, forgiveness, etc... And yet a lot of christians a very hateful people, and they justify their hate with the writings that were written in hindsight years, and sometimes hundreds of years after "the events took place"

I'm not saying you precious jesus didn't exist or anything like that. There are records of his existance and execution in roman documents. I just don't believe that he was the savior or anything along those lines. I also don't believe in god because I find the stories of the bible impossible to believe. Moses, Noah, Jonah, Genesis.

Funny thing about creation is. Adam and Eve were were the first humans correct? They were also the parents of the human race right? If so, how did they come across other people in the world? I would like to know that. Sounds like a pretty big error that someone made when fabricating a ridiculous story one day.

I know that I am just going to get some answers about how I should have faith and all that nonsense. I can't have faith in the impossible. I am going to continue to use my free will and my advanced brain that started out as the brain of a primate hundreds of thousands of years ago and evolved to what the human race is now. I will continue to believe this way, I don't care if you find my beliefs sinful because they contradict your bible. I don't care if you think I am going to hell, because I believe that death is the end.

I just wanted to input my beliefs. I have nothing against those who do believe in god. I respect those who do.

18. Well said. Nice avatar too, DMB kicks ass. ;)

19. I was watching a show on the discovery channel last night about the spear of jesus and how every great conqueror in history owned it at their height of power. Napolean, Constantine, Charlemagne, Hitler. Napolean would have got it but some sneaky bastards snuck it out of the city before he got there.. and look what happened to him lol. Anyways the spear doesn't date back to biblical times but the nail planted in the center of it did. Apparently it was brought back from the holy lands along with a peices of the cross by constantines mother. Coincidance.. Maybe.. Maybe not..

I also watched a show on Noah. If the entire world was flooded then the atmosphere would have so much moisture in it our lungs would collapse. It is indeed... Impossible! But the hebrew word for world also means land. Apparently, the flood was probly a local occurance that happened in sumerian times. And noah was probably dragged downriver into the persian gulf. It would also take him 300 years to load up two of all animals in the world. Certain texts indicate he brought only birds, sacrificial (or pure) animals, and unpure animals. That would amount to about 200-300 animals. And an arc would be destroyed at sea if only made of wood. A large river barge is much more likely. Either way the story teaches good morales. Obey your god and teachings or you're in some deep shit:p . The story was probably rewritten a few times by religious priests and grew as it passed down the ages.

I believe every myth has a grain of truth at least. So these explanations make more sense to me. Even if it is not exactly how it happened..

20. see, what i think it is, people back then before the bible was written, were all "sinners" in that they must of indulged in every sin possible and there weren't really any real laws, so people did whatever they wanted. i think the bible may have been created as a way to keep people under control, by giving them amazing stories that made them question thier way of life, and gave many people a sense of moral responsibility to themselves and to thier "god". these stories spread throughout the world by radicals heavily involved in it, and ended up as a major belief because so many people were taken in, it was too late to stop. the romans probably realized this was happening, thats why they tried to suppress it by killing christians who tried to spread thier faith, although the romans were also wrong in that they believed in mythological gods, they at least knew that the christian religion had no real basis for any of thier stories of faith.