Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

QWISO question. 50% iso?

• Please log in to reply

zandrexia

zandrexia

King James

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
I have a bottle of Iso Alcohol. The only active ingredient is Iso, and the only inactive ingredient is water, but it's only 50% Iso. I'm assuming I can still use this to make a batch of QWISO Hash, and it would just take longer to evaporate. Is this correct?
I know people reccomend 91%, and people have had success with 70% as well, but I just wanted to make sure 50% would work before I tried it and wasted all my kief. Anybody know?

Blaze21

Blaze21

Organic Farmer

• Registered Upgraded
  • 253 posts
It will work, but not as well.

Calehedron

Calehedron

• Registered Upgraded
  • 464 posts
No point in trying. You can get 91% everywhere for next to nothing. The less water the better quality of the end product. The higher concentration of alcohol pulls more good stuff out more effeciently.

You can use the 50% but I am betting it ends up gooey and not as dry as it could be.

Gnorme

Gnorme

• Registered Upgraded
  • 270 posts
Using 70% took forever

Litew8stoner

Litew8stoner

Ganja Connoisseur

• Old School
  • 1,194 posts
50% iso is only good for cleaning pieces. Go get the 91% for best results.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users