Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The correct way to take a hit out of a pipe?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by HighTime, Apr 12, 2010.

1. if you mean like asthma inhalers then yes i have used them many times as i have asthma.

2. Exactly why you understood.... did you have any trouble?

3. first starting yes. but as you get use to the different types of pipes (with and without carbs) it just comes naturally. you kind of adapt over time and then know what is "too much" and whats just right after a lil practice. since i been smoking though its seemed i havent needed my inhaler as much although i been on a week t break due to a dt for work. glad i could clarify things though stay high :)

4. I've been trouble taking hits off pipes lately. I've only ever it done it off glass pipes and normally don't have too much trouble but the past few times I've started coughing like crazy. I find it better if I don't keep holding the lighter to the bowl but either way it's making my throat burn way to much. Am I just inhaling wrong? Does anyone find that hay fever makes it worse?

5. I usually hold the lightbfor a half second. Lol. But i like to take smaller hits so i can ghost them easier.

6. I like to inhale with my mouth a little bit open, this way I also get to inhale fresh air together with the weed smoke. It's really smooth.

7. I never cough am, I weird? I can't get a lot of smoke with glass pipe. What am I doing wrong?

8. Make sure you are covering the carb hole and the bowl is full... Then light the bowl and inhale torch it for a few seconds to get it cherrying so it really burns you should get a big hit...

9. I hold the carb & burn weed and inhale barely getting anything smoke wise. It seems continually burning I'm caching the bowl. What am I doing wrong?

10. Ok. Thanks and I'll report back. I swear I did that one point and didn't seem like it worked so converted to other method correcting me on. Peace

11. Hold it for 3-5 seconds. Don't commit any party fouls. Corner your bowls and dont slobber. Good luck ad have fun!!

12. I have been smoking for over 40 years. I still cough like a motherfucker after a big hit. That will never go away.

13. The point of inhaling and holding in your hit, is to absorb all the THC and cbd etc. It only takes 3-5 seconds. 10 seconds is overkill you are doing damage to your lungs. When I was younger, I used to take a bong rip and then hold my nose and force hold it while my lungs are desperatly trying to cough it out. Ever have a stream of snot shoot out of your nose in front of a hot chick? Not cool. Mellow out on holding your hits.