Outdoor stealth dry?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by kdizzle1976, Apr 10, 2010.

1. if it worked that well, every indoor grower would own a food dehydrator.

2. Im in the same boat as the rest of you guys.

I was thinking, depending on the available funds, what about throwing together like a quick 5ft x 5ft plywood type box, held together with 2x4's and nails?

You could either make it at your house or you could bring the materials to your grow/drying spot and build. Def doesnt' need to be perfect, just make sure it's water tight. (duck tape would prob work)

Then cut out like a couple big rectangles on all sides for ventilation and cover the holes with some old window screening. Your still going to need a few 'drying lines' so dont take out too much plywood.

After you're done with the build, clear out a nice lil spot on the ground (perferably where it's windy) and maybe paint it up green, if your sketched someone will find it.

I dunno, sounds good in my head, but what do you guys think????

3. I had literally the same exact idea and plan as you even down to the size, duck tape, and paiting it green.

4. hahaha, that's pretty nuts.

I guess great minds think alike. lol

5. ^
    |

Has anyone tried that idea. Seems good to me. Plus maybe you can put a small barttery hand operated fan for like a buck and throw it in there

:smoke:

6. I also had the same idea. Although i dismissed it because my grow is too far out to get a bunch of wood out there. Although its definitely the best idea on the thread.

7. Hey, this is actually my first post, i just noticed theres a growing section on this site,
    i've also just started an outdoor grow.(10 feminized himalayan gold) but yeah anyways here are som of my ideas.

- rent a shitty apartment for a month (aprox. 600-800$$ in my area)
    - rent a storage unit (approx. 60 bucks per/month)
    - abonded warehouse, trucks, houses etc... anything like that but you have to be sure no one will visit there for a couple of weeks

Those are all my ideas, im going to be dealing with the same problem come harvest time

...also this is off topic but does anyone know if ants can harm a seedling outdoors, if so whats a good safe repllent to use. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

8. A friend of mine has previously successfully dried weed using a tent. The main problems he had where keeping the temperature consistent. The season also has a factor as the temperature difference between day and night is significant leading to damp/condensation. I'd say you need to look at other options as there are too many variables which can affect the drying process.
    Hope that helps in someway and good luck.

9. I dried in a tree once. Put a branch across two otheres making a clothes line type horizontal branch suspended by 2 other tree branches. I tied the buds to it. Unfolded a cardboard box so it was open flat and put it over the buds as a roof. Put a few garbage bags over the cardboard to waterproof incase of dew.

Another way I've dried outside is a dog cage. Throw cardboard and garbage bags over the top and tie strings to the metal bars on the roof of the cage. Tie your dope to them.

10. this seems the way to go if it has to be done outside

• Like Like x 1
  11. the real enemy is mold so just keep the moisture off it as much as possible and as much air flow as possible probably a tent would be best so u dont have to deal with the morn dew or sudden rain fall. if all else fails dry in paper bags to really put some speed on it but for a good cure to need to alllow the sugars and starches to convert which takes time and the more ideal conditions make better smoke it is that simple but thats not to say u cant make good smoke with an outdoor cure buddy so do what u can with ur resources and have fun with it

12. How about renting a box truck,a cabin,or a storage unit.pretty much anything u try doin in the bush will end in disaster.To have $10,000 worth of weed when u can rent a cabin at a lake for 200 bucks is a no brainer.Also you would be suprised who opens there doors when money or free weed is tossed around.

13. Hey just wondering whether you've decided on a final plan for drying the gear.
    Hope its all working out for you! Would be great shame if you're hard work isn't rewarded!
    Good luck dude!

14. public storage has this thing going on right now.. its 1 dollar for the first month... no brainer for sure

15. How would the smell be contained? LE would be there in minutes.

16. figure it out... if you take the time to grow these plants, at lease take the time to properly dry and cure your herb. otherwise its basically pointless, unless you barely see your crop. and you havent really put much work into it.
    but for me, i treat them like babies, constantly watching after them, constantly worrying lol. with all ive put into my plants, i would definitely take the time to dry and cure them properly.

17. Hi.
    Read my thread in my signature.

:smoke:

18. A tutorial on pests, but what does that have to do with growers seeking a very difficult, almost guaranteed failure experience of drying outdoor weed outdoors in the continental US in October?