lst vs supercropping vs topping vs FIMing for more yield

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by johnjohn, Apr 9, 2010.

1. [quote name='"Wharfrat74"']

search Uno's posts ..everyone is a trollish comment made to elicit a negative response.

a few ( only has 11) have had to be moderated cause of language and abuse. :mad:[/quote]

Ya I guess he thinks the site owes him information...a little kindness and searching and he would have all the info he needs.

2. Lets stick to the subject at hand. Helping out fellow growers..Im gona be posting a pic of my supercropped plant later tonight..I did notice the plant went in to a recovery phase after each time i supercropped (obviously) in which growth slowed and energy was transferred to the stem. This was only a 1-2 day phase though..Right now im trying the LST with some other plants in order to keep them growing vigorously and still creating new tops

3. I have heard other say, and I have some what experienced that the change in growth is not that dramatic... Having LSTed, topped and plants that have been left alone growing next to each other has pretty much yielded similar quantities on each plant. What changes is the way it grows.

On the regular plant one huge cola forms, then some other buds on each branch. The plant I LSTed into a fanned out bush just grew lots of little buds, and the topped one grew two small colas.

There is no doubt due to my inexperience and lack of lighting (250watt) the potential of the altered plants was not reached... the plants seemed to produce with what I game them, so unless you are coming close to maximizing your yield with out these techniques you may just be redistributing your efforts to more smaller budding sites rather then producing more yield. With the added stress and time needed for the plants to adjust as well as the increase in hassle trimming lots of smaller buds... it may not be worth it.

Perhaps try a grow with multiple techniques side by side so you can see what works for you?

4. you never told us which method the dutch passion BLUEBERRY preferred. i'm tryin to make that decision currently. i read in the grow bible that blueberry HAD to be topped to recieve max potential, but then i read on a posting on here that you only top the sativa blueberry not the indica, which is BS cause the dutch passion BLUEBERRY is indica dominant (80%) but def shows some sativa signs especially in some fan leaf formations.

does anybody got a list of strains with either "to top" or "not to top"???????????

help me rhonda,

JR:wave:

5. have some good buds man and stop fighting

6. #26 joe 60, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2013
    Lol your about 10 mouths too later

7. Yo lst and top all the way in less your growing out side if that's the case then just let um grow