Buds not getting fat

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mardanlin, Apr 9, 2010.

1. What can cause buds to not gain weight? A specific nutrient deficiency? I keep a steady pH of 6.5 and use 300w HPS hydro fox farms nutes.

2. What week into bloom are they? Sativa or Indica strain? Generally, in my experience the buds don't really fill in until the last weeks before I chop them. However, if those white pistils have shot out about an inch or so at each bud site, then you should expect the bud to fill in about the length of those first white thread lookin things. Lighting also may produce more dense buds if you are using cfl, this may leave the final product more "whispy" than dense. About 4-6 weeks into bloom there are bud boosters rich in PK to make those buds kinda boost too:D

Hope this helps

Piney

3. White Widow. I'm in week 8 and they look the same as they did in week 2-3.

4. I once had that problem. Had no signs of trouble so i couldn't figure out what i was doing wrong... Its fucking frustrating not knowing what to do. I just wrote it off as bad genetics.

5. Usually, they will pack it on during the last 2 weeks. I wouldn't panic yet. Keep doing what you are doing, and try adding a tablespoon of molasses to a gallon of your water. It helps feed the beneficial bacteria that it turn uptake nutrients. Give it the time it needs....

• Like Like x 1