Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

What size is my joint? -Bong Question

• Please log in to reply

NYD

NYD

Brooklyn's Finest

• Registered Upgraded
  • 490 posts
Thinking about upgrading to a diffuser

Posted Image

Edited by NYD, 06 April 2010 - 11:56 PM.

stem's

stem's

illuminated

• Bronze Member
  • 159 posts

L Dub

L Dub

HI for life

• Registered Upgraded
  • 411 posts
can you fit the end of your finger in the joint? if so, it's probably an 18.

mcap77

mcap77

• Registered Upgraded
  • 349 posts
Try this. Try and put a dime in the joint, if it doesn't fit its 14mm, if it goes in and then gets stuck its 18mm, and if it falls right through you got 29mm. My bet is that it is either 14 or 18mm, but post a pic that is the only way we can tell for sure

mrnoname

mrnoname

TeknologicalHallucination

• Registered Upgraded
  • 710 posts
Looks like it's about four. Maybe two.

NYD

NYD

Brooklyn's Finest

• Registered Upgraded
  • 490 posts
Dam why is GC screwing with me. I posted a pic up sry guys

Boguisity

Boguisity

Stoned like Jesus

• Registered Upgraded
  • 789 posts
Looks like a 18.8 to me. See if your pinky can fit into it without any space, if it doesn't have any room it's 14.5 if it has a lil space it's 18.8. Good luck.

Kalec

Kalec

• Registered Upgraded
  • 804 posts

Try this. Try and put a dime in the joint, if it doesn't fit its 14mm, if it goes in and then gets stuck its 18mm, and if it falls right through you got 29mm.

This.

NYD

NYD

Brooklyn's Finest

• Registered Upgraded
  • 490 posts
Dime doesnt fit. Its a cheap china glass bong so maybe its a generic size?

Kalec

Kalec

• Registered Upgraded
  • 804 posts

Dime doesnt fit. Its a cheap china glass bong so maybe its a generic size?

If the dime doesn't fit its a 14.5, if it was a 18.8 the dime would be able to go fully into the joint before getting stopped by the bottom of the joint.

stem's

stem's

illuminated

• Bronze Member
  • 159 posts

NYD

NYD

Brooklyn's Finest

• Registered Upgraded
  • 490 posts
How is it measured anyways, diameter of the joint?

stickey_fingerz

stickey_fingerz

pina coladas in Kokomo

• Silver Member
  • 10,718 posts

Sephyr

Sephyr

Addict.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 974 posts
You could get a ruler...oh wait Americans don't use the metric system. But yeah if your pinky can hardly fit in its probably 14mm

NYD

NYD

Brooklyn's Finest

• Registered Upgraded
  • 490 posts
So what if we don't use the metric system doesnt mean centimeters on a ruler are illegal

Kevin08

Kevin08

Lion Conquerer

• Registered Upgraded
  • 6,009 posts

just how big the opening is, and that is definitely a 14.4mm or 14mm or 14.5mm.... theres three sizes for GonG.. 14mm, 18mm, and sometimes 29mm........

my whole pinky can go into my 18mm joint, only the tip of my pinky can go into my 14mm joint...

There is actually more than 3 sizes, but in this case only 14mm or 18mm would apply. Why don't you just measure it though, 14mm is pretty small, 18mm will fit your thumb.

NYD

NYD

Brooklyn's Finest

• Registered Upgraded
  • 490 posts
I measured the diameter to be 18mm but I can only get my pinky where the glass on glass seal ends

Sephyr

Sephyr

Addict.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 974 posts

So what if we don't use the metric system doesnt mean centimeters on a ruler are illegal

It was a joke lol, don't take it so seriously.

mcap77

mcap77

• Registered Upgraded
  • 349 posts
post another pic that isnt as zoomed in as much. But that dime trick is basically fail proof lol. Also, make sure you r measuring only the inside of the joint and not the lip as well because I think thats what you were doing if the dime didnt fit in the joint and you just measured it to b 18mm...something isn't right

Kalec

Kalec

• Registered Upgraded
  • 804 posts

I measured the diameter to be 18mm but I can only get my pinky where the glass on glass seal ends

If the dime wont fit into the bong its a 14.5. if it was an 18.8 the dime would be able to lay FLAT inside the joint without falling through.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users