cannabinoid hypermesis

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Goldmine, Apr 3, 2010.

1. ever heard of it?

probably not. i know i hadnt...until i started trying to figure out why im so nauseous every goddamn morning.

and i guess i have it... its like i won the lottery, except theres no money involved, i just have to stop smoking cannabis. :(

i say its like winning the lotto bc evidently its quite rare...

a google search yields a few links....

-Cannabinoid hyperemesis: cyclical hyperemesis in association with chronic cannabis abuse

-Cannabinoid Hyperemesis or "Marijuana Morning Sickness" -- clinmed/2001110001v1 -- Clinical Medicine NetPrints

-Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Relieved by Compulsive Bathing

-Cannabinoid Hyperemesis - UK420

Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome: Clinical diagnosis of an underrecognised manifestation of chronic cannabis abuse

wikipedia's heard of it too....

Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

im not really enjoying my showers any more than the next guy, i mean yea hot shower after all the vomiting definitley helps. buts is not like a compulsion. i have experenced some percieved difficulty in body temp regulation. like chills. but its also got something to do with my stomach. sometimes when i feel like this, the thought of food gives me chills. even though im fucking starving. and no i dont have an eating disorder, far from it.

usually when i wake up(always after about 5 or 6 hours of sleep, regardless of how tired i am) i just feel like ive got poision in my veins. so i go to the bathroom, grab my toothbrush, and start purging. except theres no food to expel, my food is digesting properly, which suggests im not actually sick. its all the wretching and contracting my stomach that helps i guess. i dunno.

what comes up is just like a white foam. or sometimes yellowsh stomach liquid. its never alot. but it always helps. well, sometimes it doesnt. somedays i just feel shitty all day, even if ive vmoited and smoked. most days through, i spend about 30 minutes wretching and vomiting, maybe hit the vape a few times, then shower and go about my day, and usually around noon i start to balance out and feel normal. this all started about 3 months ago. prior to that i hadnt ever experienced morning sickness.

basically my body isnt processing the shit fast enough due to over 7 years of heavy abuse (10 solid years of use), and its lingering, poisoning me. evertime i smoke im setting my self up for more pain the next day.... god only knows why this condition too so long to kick in...but its here now.

of course its possible that i do NOT have cannabanoid hypermesis. i have had some other health issues over the last two years, but im basically healthy rt now. the only way to know for sure will be to quit, and if it stops, welll then i'll know.

but i cant see my self ever quitting, i can certainly stop for awhile and only do it like once a week. a small price to pay to alleviate these hellish symptoms.

2. I have canaboid hyphy osis

3. #3 20000678, Apr 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2010
    Oh my god I'm so sorry. But you should try to get off the herb to see if it helps. I need to keep this in mind if this ever happens to me. Plus rep for the scientific evidence and quotes.