*pics*closet grow 400 watt hps with cfl

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ibmasterkush, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Alright so in my closet i plan on having 8 white widow plants under a 400 watt and 4 42 watt cfls and then i have shelf about 3 qauters of the way up my closet which i will hang my light from and 4 cfls then also on that shelf i will have a fan blowing air down to cool my ballast off and have some clones up there under 4 42 watts cfl in a homemade light fixture i have an exhaust and intake set up um i have basic nuts the plants will be in foxfarm soil heres a rough draft of what it will look let me know if you guys think this will work well? any ideas? and estimates on my yield yea just drop me a msg (o yea in the picture theres just some white space with nothing in it abovbe the intake and exhaust thats just for me to hang a couple shirts in my closet)

Attached Files:

2. well if you dont mind your room/apt/house and clothes smell like dank, then all i have to say is move your exhaust to the top of that chamber, hot air rises and thats the air you want out.

and you will want to use those CFLs as supplementary lights along the sides and for undergrowth, so you should mount them somewhere not the ceiling.

and IMO 8 plants is wayy too many for 400W HPS + 168W CFL.

if i were you I would read/research more.

3. some people say 100W for the first plant and 50 for each additional, so that would be enough for 8 under that scenario.

4. He never mentioned how long he would be vegging either,so if he's only vegging 2-3 weeks,8 plants would be fine under 568 watts.

5. i vegged 9 plants 2 weeks, flowered them 60 days under 400 watt hps. was killer. youll be fine

6. Using a 400 watt with CFL's is great. Yu can adjust the CFL's as needed while keeping the 400 watt-er stationary . GL!