why "KUSH"?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by joe_fresh, Mar 31, 2010.

1. i ask this question in regards to why soo many ppl like Kush? there are soo many diff types of kush around that its hard to name them all, but i have only tried 2 varieties, OG Kush, and bubba kush, and must say that niether of them impressed me, they were real compact, and they had a real earthy peatmoss smell, but the bubba smelt more berry like, but i must say i was FAR FROM IMPRESSED. i have smoked many kinds of weeds, and i had heard all the hype about kush this and kush that, but really now whats all the hype about? imo there is nothing special about these strains, just regular indica with an earthy smell and taste. now im not saying that i absolutly didnt like it, it was good, but nothing special.

i pay on avrge 140-160 oz canadian(can find mids for 80 an oz), but these 2 kushes were 240 an oz, and i had heard soo much about them so i knew i had to try them.

but seriously was dissapointed, nothing of what i had expected, i was expecting alot more flavor. i did find the bubba better than the og, it had a better taste and got me more stoned, but really now what is all the hype about kush?

2. neither of what you have smoked is really a kush(well maybe bubba but im pretty sure not). Kush actually refers to MJ from a certain region(the hindu kush mountain range). these strains are pure indica and are prized breeding material because they are so inbreed and dependably homogenous. there are many kinds(hindu kush for example) but its usually marketed as a landrace or a pure afghan/indica strain. its popular because they produce a heavy stone, hash like with a deep narcotic body buzz. very potent usually. and what you smoked was probably not real OG kush or bubba kush(not to be rude). i have smoked real OG and it lives to its name and i cannot get bubba where i live but it is more than reputable. Anyways i highly would recommend looking into a hindu kush or similiar strain because these will really knock your socks off if you like a good stone. perfect for relaxing after a hard day or wasting away on the couch. lol

3. im actually sure mine was real og and bubba, cant give my sources, but lets just say its grown in a canadian gov't compound in the bc area and it gets shipped to me, i know a guy that works for health canada in relations to mmj, so as for the strains im sure what im getting is real

4. the stone wa there, but i smoke 2 oz's a week or more, so when i look for a strain i dont look for the buzz i look for the taste and smoking pleasure, and i just didnt find them pleasureable to smoke, sure they got me couchlock stoned but ive had buds that stone more than that, and ive had much better tasting weed than that as well.

i think that most the comercial croppers are growing kush because its soo compact, so they make more money per square foot, and its easier to ship more buds in smaller places, but i dont understand why ppl are willing to pay soo much for kush, to me its practically generic bud, really nothing special

5. Og kush smells like coffe beans or like freshley made coffe.
    Dont give up hope on kush's they are a amzing strain for taste and pleasure when you get a non cross of it

6. i like compact. just use a grinder

7. bubba kush is my second favorite weed ive ever smoked...I just fell in love with northern lights which is my favorite weed of all time lol....

Bubba kush is a cross between bubblegum and kush. Has a earthy yet sweet taste to it... Stoney but creative high... Starts with the head and then a smooth body high...compact buds its strictly bc of the grower....ipersonally love fluffy buds they just look amazing and smoke smoother IMO...but the compactness is just because they used a high intensity light...meaning 1000watt if they had two 400 watts it would be more fluffy than one 1000 watt...the intesity and penetration of the light from the 1000 watt makes the bud be morecompact bc its getting all the light it needs very easily....with the 400 watt not having asmuch penetration the buds seem to open up more...

As far as the overall stoned rating i say bubba is a 9/10...and the taste is right up there, it has layers to the taste....id say about 5 different layers...i love that when hitting it it tastes fruity/sweet and when exhaling you get the earthy/green taste...also all the bubba i have smoked has been extremely smooth and i barely ever cough...the smoke itself seems to not be as thick as other weed ive smoked...i like this though bc its not as hard on the throat

8. ive got 4 late flowering females atm same strain/lights/nutes and 1 is very dense and the others are medium, all under 210w hps and 4 26w cfls. im sure genetics has something to do with how dense/fluffy bud is

9. maybe somewhat but i doubt it bc ive seen the same bud grown under different lights and it produced a fluffy bud under the 400watt and super compact bud under the 100watt

10. #10 Blaze all day, Mar 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2010

Most of it is hype, Buddha88 pretty much nailed it on the head.

I beleive you're mistaken. Bubba Kush smells like coffee and hash, OG Kush smells like lemon Pine-sol.:wave:

That's Greenhouse's Bubba which has no relation what-so-ever to the west coast Pre-98 Bubba Kush.
    Pre '98 Bubba Kush is not Bubblegume x Kush, nobody knows what it really is (although there is speculation that it's an old school Paki).

I'm going to have to agree with Buddha88 here and say it doesn't sound like you had legit Bubba or OG Kush. Sorry buddy.

EDIT: or perhaps you had the Greenhouse Bubba, they claim their version has a berry like flavor...

11. for the bubba i would say the stone is an 8/10 at best, but it is good, the taste though i would say 7/10 as i am very picky.

the og i would say is 7/10 stone and the taste a mediocre 6-7/10, the bubba does taste better, but just not enough taste for my liking.

but to the guy who posted that bubba is a mix of bublgum and kush, did you get that fropm the greenhouse vid?lol im sure its not that although i dont know what the real genetics are, my guess is some berry weed mixed with kush, but idk if we'll ever know since its a clone only strain

12. whoever grew that og didnt do such a great job apparently because well-grown og has a super strong taste and smell. lemon/pinesol/skunk is a close description of the smell. I always thought kush was indica dominant but OG is sativa dominant so idk if i would consider OG to even be a kush....its just OG.

kush is pretty hyped up though, you are right.

13. There's a lot of debate about who were the parents of the original Bubba Kush and OG Kush plants. The story that I believe is that Bubba Kush is one of the chemdog off spring crossed with an old world paki. OG is related to chemdog as well, with some stories saying its just an S1, and other stories claiming there is hindu kush and lemon thai genetics mixed in with the chemdog.

Bubba and OG are definately related (ive both in my garden, the pre-98 pheno of bubba and the san fernando valley pheno of OG), though the OG has more of a lemon smell to it, and doesn't yield as well imo.

Bubba is my favorite med of all time because it helps with pain, spasticity and still provides an appetite, for me OG just makes me non stop hungry no matter what I eat without all that much pain or spasticity relief.

cheers.

14. Are you sure about that? I have both in my garden as well (SFV and '98) and I beleive that's quite a stretch. There aren't many (if any) similarities between the two and nobody knows exactly what the lineages are. :wave:

15. Their leaves look extremely similar, they veg much the same way (OG is faster and grows more vertically in my garden, we call it a palm tree in veg), their bud formations come in very similar shapes, and fill to make comparably shaped colas, though the Bubba yields more per square foot and with less stretch for me. And the chemdog falvor/smell/stone is undeniable imo, comes through heavily in both strains. That's where I assume the link between them comes from, that or maybe if OG has hindu kush in it, then they'd have that similarity as well since any old world paki would have similar traits to hindu kush.

16. I'm growing OG Kush and Bubba Kush, and I'm sure of the genetics. I grow them because people want them. Honestly, they are my least favorite strains to grow. Bitchy with nutes, and most likely to have problems. Also relatively low yield. Nice dense buds, but no massive colas like some of the other strains.

Maybe my nose is fucked up, but my Kush that I just harvested doesn't smell earthy or like coffee. It smells like some dank bud.

17. i have not seen the plants, but i have seen the budz, and to me they look like the same buds with diff phenos, which would explain why there are no seeds and its clone only

18. I know some people who like that couch lock (not me) so maybe thats why you don't like it. I have had the real OG kush and it was pretty nice. :smoking:

19. i like the couch lock, but i have seen better, but im more for the flavor, and i just wasnt so impressed with the flavor, smells nice, nut just not that much flavor, im into plants with a real powerhouse stone and flavor, somthing that you can still taste 15 min after the joints done, and i had heard soo much about thi strain that i thaught it would be soo much better, but imo it was so so

20. og kush and bubba kush are not even real kush strains... did you even read the other posts? And secondly the strains you are talking about are not even legit... The taste from OG Kush is so sour that it will actually make your face wince at times(like you had bitten into a lemon.) And real OG Kush is definately some "one hit quit" quality potency. No offense you dont develop a world renown $400/oz reputation, without earning it in the weed world. Im not saying your friend is a liar or anything im just saying maybe someone lied to him or sold him fake genetics... its not exactly unheard of. Also another clue that your probably not getting the real thing is the fact your getting it so cheap. Anyways just my opinion. I would suggest you smoke an ACTUAL kush strain though since its one of the foundations of MJ breeding. Again not trying to be confrontational or rude or anything but you definately have quite a few things mixed up.