Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Joints don't get me as high?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Squilliam, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Alright guys, here's the deal.

Earlier today I rolled a joint to smoke on my way to blockbuster to pick up dante's inferno. About halfway through said joint i was wondering when i was gonna get high and by the end of it i was just feeling a measly buzz. Before yall go off on my ass about not rollin joints right, i have rolled many a joint and while smoking this one smoke was definitely getting into my lungs.

I'm sitting here now, about 3 hours after smoking this joint. I just smoked a bowl out of my bubbler and i'm higher than i was when I smoked the joint? Anyone else seem to get this?!?!

2. #2 Mike_Deezy, Mar 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2010
    you lose half your smoke in blunts and joints. bowls get the next most amount, then bubs, then a bong, and then cooking it. supposedly you get a lot out of a vape but i dont like them things. i like the ole fashioned way.

3. You don't lose that much from joints/blunts if you are actively smoking them. I probably lose half, but that's because I roll them with mids and just take a few puffs here and there making the joint go for 30mins+

I don't really use joints as a method for getting "ripped". It's more of a relaxing thing when I just want to smoke, or when there is a circle of friends with me. How big of a joint did you roll?

4. it was probably a good .7 grams. I even ate a mango before i smoked it!

5. when i want to get higher off a joint i just hold my smoke in longer haha, works for me. i find that if i want to get ripped out of my mind, joints are the way to go. i think that's probably because i take tobacco in my bong hoots though so i get my head rocked instead of just good ol' stoned. anyways... i guess my advice would be to inhale deeper and longer.

6. Its a huge cherry constantly burning away. Of course youre losing half. Blunts are a huge waste and joints are close to it. GLASS all day kiddies.

7. #7 Heroic Dose, Mar 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2010
    Hmm. I don't really subscribe to the belief that mangoes effect the high any, but I can't say for sure one way or the other. It could have just been the quality of the bud combined with the fact that you were walking so it did waste a bit of the bud, and I doubt that you were taking nice big rips because it would be a bit harder when walking.

At least you got a buzz, so it wasn't a total loss. Next time you know just to smoke up before & after instead of during.

You don't lose half. Sure it's burning constantly, but it isn't near that rate. You inhale much more if it than is wasted. When you inhale you are getting the smoke at a much quicker rate than it burns on it's own, so even if you don't smoke 50% of the time it's burning you still get more than is lost.

8. How not? unless to you toke constantly, like the whole way, youre losing some quality buds. and most studies say you lose close to 40 percent so while it might not be half its damn close.

9. blunts are a lot less wasteful than joints, they burn soooo much slower. Have you ever seen a thread about a blunt not getting you high :p

10. I never said you didn't lose some bud. I just said it wasn't 50%. Care to link to one of these studies?

11. Neither Blunts nor Joints get me high hardly at all, i hit them hard hold the smoke long and still dont hardly feel anything. My belief is the amount that it takes to roll a blunt or a joint would be 2-4 bowls depending on amount of weed in it, and i can almost guarantee that the 2-4 bowls will get you high.

12. I was driving, and by the time i got the j half done i was starting to hold my hits in because i wanted to get high

13. Oh ok. I don't know why I assumed you were walking.

14. this is very odd, joints have gotten me high before, even when smoking with friends.. smoking a joint by myself should have gotten me blazerfied.. I am going to smoke another joint tomorrow just to see whats up.

15. Have you been smoking a lot of joints lately? Have you been smoking the exact same bud for awhile? While it is A COMPLETE mental thing, I sometimes find I won't get quite as buzzed if I continuously smoke the same thing over a period of weeks.

Try switching things up consistently, like a bong 1 day, next day a blunt, next day a joint, next day a bubbler, and so on.....Also try different types of bud.:)

To each his own, but I do agree that blunts get me consistently higher than joints for whatever reason.

16. If I'm smokin a joint and I don't feel in gettin high enough I start taking 3 toke rips. Snap 2 quick tokes and breath in deeply then pull a long slow toke and hold then after few seconds exhale all the smoke. Do that a few times and you'll be blazed

17. Do you inhale heaps, then breathe in air, then hold it?
    thats what you gotta do.
    Still it's not the same as bongs coz,
    with bongs you have to breathe hell deep
    and joints you just inhale slowly.

18. Yeah man I heard you only get like 15% of the available THC when using a Joint.

Vapes get you liked 85% I read.

Off personal experience I've never gotten high off a joint even well rolled ones just slightly buzzed.
    When I use vapes it's almost like a low dose of acid.
    Vapes ftw Joints ftl

19. I know this thread is old, but these are my thoughts as well

20. Either weak bud or your tollerance demands more weed than a single joint can deliver. Try kingsize joints. I only smoke hash, and even I have experienced not getting high from the first joint, and it was good hash. When the second joint kicked in, holy fuck... Sometimes, that shit happens...