Goo Gone and Simple Green

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by revolvR, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Yea that's what I always said, but it was ignored and a few people claimed that SG does the trick.

2. #22 disch0rd, Mar 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2010

Do not try and bend the spoon, that's impossible. Instead, try to realize the truth.................there is no spoon. :smoking:

Chill out, man!

3. #23 tokin', Mar 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2010
    Actually it does, It removed the hard water stains in my bong..

4. Then they weren't stains... I have one on my Kustom. It's been through several nightly SG and GO baths. Still there.

I've tried to remove hard water stains from a passed down PH(x) owned by a buddy of mine... no luck.

The 18" ROOR straight I bought for a friend a few months ago has acquired hard water stains. It has only ever been soaked in SG. Still there.

I've owned a lot of glass and I've used A LOT of Simple Green. It does not remove hard water stains. Buildup and stains are two different things. Time makes all the difference. Buildup can occur after one use... stains after many.

Using SG after each use can, however, hold off hard water stains for a while... but they will build up eventually nonetheless.

5. Goo gone probably wouldn't be a good idea. its for residue like sticky shit but its haaard to clean off. its oily so have fun pouring oil into your bong.

6. Just used GooGone on my double perc sherlock bubbler. No problems yet, as long as I rinse, there is no scent left behind, and therefore no chemical. However, it is a petrol chemical, and it is highly toxic and can hurt your skin if you have it in contact too long. On the other hand, GooGone gets rid of all the resin, ash, and anything left behind, including odors. Not to mention that if you soak in hot water, rinse, apply goo gone and shake it up, you can have all the bad shit gone in a matter of 5 minutes if not quicker.

7. sinsemillaplease has been on point in this thread.

Agreed on all points: SG is safe and biodegradable (except to labels!), absolute truths, and how SG and GO will NOT remove hard water stains.

8. Anyone mentioned grunge off? It's a soak, but works fckin fantastic! Reusable so you just pour right back into the bottle. Doesn't mess up decals, biodegradable, disinfecting, and smells like oranges! I used it on all my shit. Tubes, rigs, bowls, bubblers. Love it.

9. Grunge off us the shiznitz. The longer you leave it in the more it breaks everything down and just rinse with hot water. Bamm Like new. I reuse mine like 50x

10. anyone have a solution to resin that's built up on the inside of a percolator? I've tried ISO with salt and with sugar, tried simple green, tried super hot water...nothing will work

11. pee in it. :D

12. Lol grunge off dude! I'm tellin ya! Fill that bitch up and let her soak for 24 hrs and rinse with hot water. Like new everytime.

13. Another great thing about grunge off is that after you rinse it with hot water it leaves no water stains or drips

14. Yes there is a solution. I recently picked up a pipe that I really liked but if I can't get my glass perfect I hate it. So I tried everything... First iso with salt of course, bleach, hydrochloric acid, resonite, clr, vinegar...

In my experience this will clean anything fast.

First get the majority with rock salt and iso.
    If it still persists try vinegar
    If it still persists go on to bling water pipe cleaner
    At this point you should be done. Bling kicks ass. After trying all that other shit 30 seconds with bling cleaned my pipe.
    If still persists then soak the perc in grunge off.

I always finish with vinegar. Vinegar gets off salt deposits on the glass that gets trapped under buildup. Then lightly rinse with purified or ro water if you have it.

So honestly bling is amazing. It sucks you have to buy something special but it works and that says it all. People are always saying iso and salt for everything but the fact is iso and salt will not get everything and they either are really lucky or just not as concerned with their piece looking brand new.

15. Ohh forgot to mention if you use vinegar to clean make sure to not get it on labels it will destroy them.

16. It's a question of how often you're willing to clean your piece. If you smoke out of a bong for a year straight and never even change the water, there's gonna be a 1" layer of rez all around and salt and ISO won't be able to hang with that. But I always clean my bubbler every other day or every 3 days, so the rez never has a chance to build up to the point where it's a problem. When I shake mine with ISO and salt it comes out airport clean.

bowl pieces require a bit of actually physically scraping the resin off but I've never felt the need to waste my money on some specialty product. If you clean your piece often, and you should, ISO and salt will do just fine.

17. You're inhaling smoke, which regardless of what is making it, still contains harmful compounds, and you're worried about microscopic residue that probably doesn't even exist at a level that could ever do you harm?

We're smoking. Let's try not to get too carried away with what's killing us slowly. That's the job of pretty much everything in your life, including being mortal. :rolleyes:

18. Close mindedness will not get you very far. Would be pretty shitty if everyone was afraid to try Edison's electric! Lmao

19. Well, to be fair, he does have a point. I've currently use ISO and salt, and grunge off.

Each have their purpose.

If you're cleaning often enough (daily or each sesh), you really don't need anything more than an ISO and salt rinse. Works fine.

But yes, to your point, for heavier buildup items, or not wanting to fool with it, using one of the readily available "soaker" cleaners works like a champ too, and people need to be open to giving them a shot, especially without the paranoia of "buildup". Most of them are non-toxic anyway.

20. Here is the thing with the good cleaners and why you hardly ever have to buy them. Iso and salt will get 99% of everything. After you clean it with iso and salt then move to a pro cleaner. The solution will be so clean after cleaning your piece you can just dump it right back into the bottle if you want