Just Got Out Of Court

Discussion in 'General' started by SaulSilver1, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Ya like the title says I just got out of court. I pleaded guilty for possession of marijuana less then one once, drug paraphernalia, and failure to signal a lane change. Ended up costing me $473 but no big deal.

Anyway I was an idiot and didn't really look anything up until the day off and didn't really find anything except for in DUI cases where everybody just said "plead not guilty". Well like I said I pleaded guilty and my question is should have I? I mean maybe someone could explain what would happen if I pleaded not guilty to me? I live in Nebraska so it was just a civil citation and not a misdemeanor or felony so pleading guilty didn't really mean anything or at least I hope not.

Thanks GC

2. If you plead not guilty you would have to go to trial. It's better to just get the shit over with and pay the fine. Unless, you really are innocent.

I plead not guilty for a case and I had to go back to court like 5-6 times. Each time I went it took around 4 hours for me to be called up.

3. i woulda just said no contest, saves you the trouble of getting charges slammed back on your etc.

4. Well I'm not sure what the laws are like in your state, but when I went to court I didn't plead anything. I asked for a conditional discharge... basically fines and a year of drug tests. Not really probation, and if I dont get caught or in trouble for that year it all goes away. It was much better than the alternative though, probation and losing my license for 2 years.