Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Swallowing after inhaling?

• Please log in to reply

Master Kief

Master Kief

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I don't know anyone else that does this, but after I take a hit (ESPECIALLY a bong hit), I feel the sudden need to swallow the saliva in my mouth.

Does anyone else do this? Does it affect anything as far as how high you get, etc.?

StickyStick

StickyStick

Haters Gonna Hate

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,869 posts
never felt the urge to do that :smoking::smoking:

emph_Lemmi

emph_Lemmi

• Registered Upgraded
  • 464 posts
sometimes when my weed doesnt burn properly, or the cone is blocked - I have to swallow kinda for extra suction to suck the weed through.

AriesOrmazd

AriesOrmazd

I got five on it

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Sometimes when I hit my pipe it makes me salivate a lot.. I don't really think its anything to be worried about.

Cheers

bspot123

bspot123

• Registered Upgraded
  • 646 posts
Weird... I do the same exact thing. Usually with my bowl though. I don't like doing it... but like you said its a sudden urge after you take the hit. Oh well... :smoking:

Master Kief

Master Kief

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Weird... I do the same exact thing. Usually with my bowl though. I don't like doing it... but like you said its a sudden urge after you take the hit. Oh well... :smoking:

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel. It also takes me an additional exhale to get all the smoke out of my lungs too.

4The2Great0

4The2Great0

• Registered Upgraded
  • 181 posts
Yeah it's just your saliva building up from the smoke. Same happens to me with MJ, Cigars, Hookah you name it if there is smoke going in your mouth you will build up saliva. Either keep something on hand to spit it out after you exhale or keep a drink handy, it makes it easier to swallow saliva and will sooth your throat after a bong rip. Don't swallow the smoke. If you swallow the smoke it's very easy to start to feel nauseous and totally kill your high.

ross7138

ross7138

• Registered Upgraded
  • 472 posts
ya this happens to me when i smoke steam rollers im always taking way too big of a hit and sallowing some of the smoke then burping it up later.

jlotz123

jlotz123

• Registered Upgraded
  • 397 posts
If I take big hits, I always have the urge to swallow.

The bigger hit I take, the better chance i'll swallow the smoke. Which is why I try to take slower hits, better chance it won't reach my stomach.

bluntz_fa_sho

bluntz_fa_sho

• Registered Upgraded
  • 755 posts
bring a bottle of water with you the next time you smoke, your mouths probably just dry.

kcrenots

kcrenots

High Mode [ON]

• Registered Upgraded
  • 512 posts
when i first started i would swallow it all the time cuz one of my friends said it gets your higer
but now its only after a big hit
and i dont feel nauseous afterwards only that i start coughing alot

one time after a big hit of some diamond kush i swallowed it and i felt in my throat something start tingling like when you hit your elbow on something then it moved through my whole body and it felt awesome

has that ever happen to anyone

Marls

Marls

Tripping on life

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,011 posts
If I hit a bong I always have the feeling I am gonna start salivating into the neck while hitting it haha, doesn't happen though. But yes I do understand the swallowing thing, but I try not to as it can make me queasy and burp smoke in inappropriate places... like math class.

LetsDoThiss

LetsDoThiss

Slap Chop User

• Registered Upgraded
  • 208 posts
i swallow smoke a lot... most of the time its because i run out of breath to inhale the rest of the smoke so i swallow it, sometimes my stomach gets a lil upset but all i have to do is burp..... its no big deal, but it is how some ppl throw up b/c they dont inhale they just swallow lol:laughing:

weezer

weezer

• Registered Upgraded
  • 130 posts
I purposely swallow after big hits if I think I feel a coughing coming on and it helps a little bit. Only reason really. Don't ever HAVE to, just do.

jlotz123

jlotz123

• Registered Upgraded
  • 397 posts

i swallow smoke a lot... most of the time its because i run out of breath to inhale the rest of the smoke so i swallow it, sometimes my stomach gets a lil upset but all i have to do is burp..... its no big deal, but it is how some ppl throw up b/c they dont inhale they just swallow lol:laughing:

Same with me, but when I burp I push air into my stomach which clears out any smoke in there. So if smoke in stomach is the source of people throwing up, then i'm pretty safe from that.

KHON

KHON

I'm On Probation lol

• Registered Upgraded
  • 983 posts
swallowing smoke usually means youll end up taking a shit later on

Master Kief

Master Kief

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

swallowing smoke usually means youll end up taking a shit later on

I was told it makes you puke

KHON

KHON

I'm On Probation lol

• Registered Upgraded
  • 983 posts
as long as its burped out you should be good to go

highandmuddy

highandmuddy

z fighter

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
ugh i hate that. when i'm taking really huge bong hoots i have to concentrate on keeping my airway open, if i get distracted some of the smoke gets filtered into my stomach and that suuuucks.. burping up big clouds of smoke is rough.

JuicyGoose

JuicyGoose

girlys

• Bronze Member
  • 17,465 posts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users