Health Care Bill Passes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Xenomorph, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Well let's see what happens.

2. Is there anything in the bill that covers medical marijuana? Yes we Cannabis! If not, who cares?

3. Looks like PhRMA got their way.

4. Yeah the problem with using that tactic with Politics is it usually turns into "what the fuck just happenend?!?!"

5. Have a lot of problems with the bill but I am glad it passed. I will be able to get back on my parents plan and actually be able to go the doctor for the first time in years. Hard to be against a bill that will directly positively influence my physical health.

6. It is already happening.

7. Except you won't be back on your parent's plan... you'll have your own plan, and while you were able to go to the doctor all this time - if you knew your rights as an American Citizen - you might LOSE your ability to just walk into the doctor's office because of this bill passing.

This bill passing is probably the most constitutionally backwards thing that has ever happened in the history of this country... never before has a congress taken SO much power away from the people to decide their own fate... it's an abortion of liberty and freedom, and in a few years, we will see how absolutely horrible it was that we allowed this bill to be passed.

With any luck, the people of this country will recall all of their reps that voted for this bill, and put some some non-liberals in congress instead, and we will abolish this healthcare bill with the next executive order from our next non-liberal president...

You don't even realize that Big Pharma paid congress to push this bill through because they stand to make BILLIONS off nationalized healthcare... it's disgusting...

We're all going to be at the mercy of a "federal medical review board" to determine if we "deserve" to be treated from now on... say goodbye to patient rights, and say hello to waiting lines for MRIs and CAT scans... Over 70 and need a heart surgery or organ transplant? You're gonna die soon anyway, so why waste taxpayer dollars on you...

People from the UK and Canada both come to the United States for Acute Care, because our system is so much better, so much easier, so much faster, and overall cheaper than it would be if they stayed in their own country with their own universal healthcare system.

Looking at the BIG picture, the overall effect this bill will have on our country in the long run, it makes me sick... I'm deadly serious... every private practice doctor, dentist, physical therapist, chiropractor... fuck I can't even list them all... they'll ALL be out of business less than a year after this bill takes effect. Mark my words... I'm the first one to say it...

The worst part for me, I work in the private sector medical field... and I'll end up out of work too...

The worst part for the country? Everyone thinks this is sooo fucking great. No one took the time to research HOW MANY socialized medical programs have failed, and how quickly they did so... and the ones that are still around, are there because the people have decided to come here for care instead of fighting their government for a better (read: private payer) system.

8. Ask your reps if they read this bill before they voted on it... 99% of them will say "It was 1900 pages, why would I read it?" Bit by bit, we are losing our rights as individuals, and people are fucking happy about it... it's bullshit.

9. I completely agree with Dragonriot. This whole situation is beyond f*cked up on so many levels. The federal government is taking away more of the very few freedoms the people truly have left. This whole government needs to change, and I think it's high time the people stepped up and did something. We need to take our country back.

10. i love the perspective of people who have never struggled to get health care because
    they couldn't afford it or had a pre-existing condition. think twice before you tell
    32,000,000 Americans to stfu because one of these days you might be in a situation
    where this could benefit you.

just a thought.

11. And + rep for not being a lazy ass pothead when it comes to your rights and the future of our country. I feel like there are too few stoners out there that are actually intelligent enough to function on a higher level of society.

12. Nice knowing you guys, but the death panel is here for me....

13. you know it wont even come into effect until like 2012 right

14. You know there are roughly 308,918,000 people living in the United States, right?

Knowing this, do you see how this is not good for almost 90% of Americans?

15. Telling 32,000,000 people to stfu is not cool. But telling 270,000,000 people to stfu is totally acceptable.

16. i completely agree. if the bill had not been watered the fuck down by it's opponents it would've
    covered even more Americans. do you mean 90% of the uninsured? surely you aren't including
    people who's private health care/premiums won't change under the current proposed legislation.

17. The worst part for me, I work in the private sector medical field... and I'll end up out of work too...

Screw the millions that can't get health care. You can always get another job...they will still be out in the cold under your plan.....AND YOU SHOULD REPHRASE THAT "PEOPLE FROM THE UK AND CANADA WITH MONEY ........."

18. Beg your pardon? I'm on State insurance right now because I can't afford private health insurance... but that's as far as it should go... State Level. The federal government should have nothing to do with my health care... my state should. And 2/3 of the 32,000,000 "Americans" who I'm supposedly telling to STFU aren't even Americans, they're ILLEGAL ALIENS.

Pre-existing conditions? When I do have private insurance, I can't get any Psychological care included because I've been diagnosed with ADD... My ex-wife can't have any Back coverage because when she was 14, she herniated a disk... it was repaired then, and she was a Power Lifter the rest of her high school career, but because of that one incident, even if she's in a car accident, no health insurance will cover her back injuries.

I know all about the benefits of the bill... I'm sorry, my friend... they DO NOT outweigh the sacrifices.

19. Now, the epic question of the night to the supporters of this bill... How do you think we're going to pay for it?