Li' Wayne Vs. Soulja Boy

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by J-DILLA, Mar 19, 2010.

1. no but i can show you countless artists who can, and who deserve everyones respect a lot more. and who do it from their heart, not for the ridiculous amount of money and fame. because they aren't mainstream.

they do it to make good music for people to listen to.

lil wayne does this shit to be more and more famous and get more and more rich.

which thats cool if thats what he wants to do, but i cant respect that like i can respect an independent artist whos been making records for 15 years and no radio play.

2. no im not hating him for that. im saying he doesnt have the life experience of a HOOD THUG GANGSTER like some rappers do, you know, the ones who lived that experience until adulthood and beyond.

at 11 years old you havent experienced shit. not enough to make you a gangsta in my opinion.

i haev a lot of respect for anyone who can come out of a situation like that on their own, not with the help of a major record label.

3. Wayne was slinging at something like age 8 and he was adopted you tell me whats thug or hood. Shit I know white people that are more hood than most rappers or hip hop artists. So what is exactly thug to you?

4. There really is no comparison. They're the same piece of shit in a different package that's all. You made a good case of stating that yourself.

Talentless, overrated and easy to market is the name of the game in the pop music industry now a days.

5. yeah im sure he was selling drugs while he was a gifted and talented student in school and also in the drama club and acting in plays. that sounds like a real hood figga to me.

edit: thats kind of what im trying to say, before this kid was old enough to have these experiences, the label scooped him up and made him a celebrity.

any stories u hear about him slanging etc. etc., is prolly bullshit he put out to help his image.

also, adopted does not equal gangster. sorry

6. a blood wouldn't be wearin his flag out his left side, and wearin blue in music videos.

hes a fake blood, he'd get his ass murdered if he went anywhere near a real blood

7. Like I said, blood affiliate if not blood.

8. dont care who u are real bloods dont wear blue, at least not when anyone else is looking

9. a blood affiliate wouldn't be doin what i just said....you don't understand that they take that shit seriously?

10. lol ur a nut man. you talk like you know this man, you dont know JACK about the man. you see him entertaining on the videos or award shows and hear a couple of his raps and you think you know the dude. i think u need to find somethin else to worry about besides wayne.

11. #31 dumped43, Mar 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2010
    my bad i wasnt aware anyone else here was more knowledgeable about truthful information from his early life. were you there? i wasnt either. so what makes my interpretation of what i can find about him any more incorrect than yours?

yea i dont know jack and i dont care. all i know is ive seen that little shithead in big money videos before i even knew who the fuck he was and obviously that is waht got him famous, not his talent.

"Wayne signed his first deal at age 11 after rhyming on a record executive's answering machine. At 12, he distinguished himself by starring as the Tin Man in his gifted middle school's production of The Wiz--and by accidentally shooting himself in the chest with a .44-cal. while imitating Travis Bickle in his bedroom. After teenage years that were lost to the comically awful gangsta group Hot Boys (like 'N Sync with shivs), Wayne went solo and undertook a transformation almost unprecedented in hip-hop. Over four years, he morphed from a mediocre rapper with a thuggish point of view into a savant who merges sex, drugs and politics with a sneaky intellect, a freakish knowledge of pop culture and a voice out of the Delta."

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1820148,00.html#ixzz0ierceyc7

sounds like the rough childhood of a hoodfigga to me............................. NOT

12. Ok to clear this all up here is my 2 cents.

Wayne is no blood, and I don't care what you say. And if he is blood affiliated he shouldnt be constantly saying Suu Wuu in his raps. Affiliated or not that is fake. I know he grew up in the hood, but being an honor student I doubt he ever sold rocks, maybe weed but not anything worse than that.

I think wayne has had some decent stuff in the past. I have heard some underground mixtapes from him that have some good lines and he has written impressive stuff. I think if he were to take a different approach to hip hop he would be ten times better than what he is.

He is a very successful mainstream artist and knows how to sell. Does that make him the "BEST RAPPER ALIVE!"? No way in hell. So bottom line for lil wayne, he needs to cut out the bullshit and be himself.

If you like him for what he is that is cool, I don't have a problem with that, but don't ever say he could hold a candle to guys like One Be lo, P.O.S., or Sage Francis. Guys who are doing real shit.

13. stopped reading here because I never made an interpretation about Wayne in any way.

14. obviously you have some interpretation of him if you dont agree with mine? but thats cool, you know when to put your tail in between your legs and leave.

15. Obviously I do but I didnt state what it is, yet you still seemed to go ahead and assume what it is. Amazing.

:wave:

16. sums it up pretty good.

17. then why bother participating in the thread or discussion? christ. and i made this assumption based on how you reacted to my post. its pretty easy to read that you dont agree with a damn thing i had to say, is my assumption incorrect?

do you want to be a part of this discussion or not? if not, you can leave the thread? or you can stay here and not contribute anything

edit: i dont mind when people point out flaws in my opinions or correct them or whatever, so you can just say whatever yo ahve to say. if you ahve something to teach us lets learn?

18. I bothered to post because I seen you talkin about dudes life like you know jack about it and that shit was funny to me. You wana talk about his music we can do that, but I will not discuss his personal life and childhood when neither of us no what he has experienced.

19. show us some lil wayne verses that show that hes such a talented artist. we are talking about his music, and his image and personal life has a lot to do with his music and lack of talent. so that is why it was brought up in the first place. also, i dont think i was the one to bring it up originally anyway. all the hood image stuff. and i just checked - i wasnt.

so quit being a troll please

20. Lil Wayne, either you like him or you dont. I like him. Hes in it for the money, he says it, doesnt try to hide it, I have no problem with that. (Maybe this is where the hate comes for u?)

So with that, you gotta expect dude to put out some garbage to make that paper. A true fan knows this and doesnt let it effect their opinion on him as a straight rapper..n the boy can spit when he wants to.

Theres countless bars I could post but ima just post one of my personal favorites (why not) for you. Its from the mixtape dedication 2, track with that same title.

Wake up motherfuckers it's Weezy, you got a problem?
    Heads to them Katrina victims, we still mobbin
    Shiny black coupe at night look like a goblin
    AK on the backseat, baby it's so vivrant
    Watch me let it spray like a hydrant, can't dodge it
    You not gettin wet in the rain is not logic
    She won't give that pussy to Wayne, I'm so obliged just
    Boy I been direct from inside of ya bitch body
    And, hi there ho whattayaknow I'm ridin
    in the same streets my pops died in, I got 'em and,
    I get that money tell my momma I'm grindin
    And I'll be coming home with our future in my pocket
    Shoot you if you block it, leave a ***** aqua
    Murder the adults and let the kids get adopted
    Sit it in the pot and watch me rise to power
    Gettin off twenty American pies an hour
    God damn, excuse ma'am but I'm the man
    And you better put my money in my hand, stop playin!
    Got ends, no friends, just brothers one color
    And I spread the motherfucker all over your room shutters
    Heh, they knew better I'm two letters
    I'm like M.J. and 2-3 and O.G., yeah I'm low-key
    Cause *****s and bitches is po-lice
    I roll leaf, patching up the game's slow leak
    I'm Wee-zy ba-by!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5hU7IiahnI8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5hU7IiahnI8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>