Li' Wayne Vs. Soulja Boy

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by J-DILLA, Mar 19, 2010.

1. #1 J-DILLA, Mar 19, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
    Seeing this will probably be the 51st or so lil wayne vs. thread, I decided to compare him to an act of similar talent. Here are my reasons:

1. Both talk about money, hoes, Escalades on 32s, fictional violence
    2 Both have sold millions of albums (If you use the argument that wayne is good because he sells a lot of albums)
    3. Both create alter egos of living life in "da hood" and how tough it is (Wayne was an honor roll student)
    4.Both dress like idiots
    5. Both flaunt the bloods even though they would get shot in an instant by them

I challenge anyone to find a line that makes sense and can't be thought up by a ten year old.

2. It's haters like you making them famous. Why do you keep talking about them if you're so disgusted by their music?

3. yea for real..

I dont like either of those fools, but I don't make threads just cuz I got something negative to say..

4. I agree with the posters above me, however it will not be in a negative context as J-Dilla is one of the best hip-hoppers around

5. They aren't the best but they are successful.

6. no, j-dilla is not making them famous. unless hes out there passing out their music and buying albums and promoting their shows and introducing it to new people....

which hes not, its just a bunch of fuckin stupid ass kids think these rappers are the super mad tytest shit ever, because they dont know any better. thats whos making them famous.

oh and in lil waynes case, big tymers and cash money made him famous.

7. First off you obviously do not know jack shit about talent. Second of all your a fucking idiot. Wayne I will agree doesn't have the best lyrics at times but I don't think thats what makes him an artist. An artist is someone who performs and he does a helluva job doing it. Some of his lyrics by the way are absolutely amazing and the poetry flows very well. When you have flow like weezy you can talk but your hate is just ignorance to what art is. On the other hand Soulja Boy was an internet sensation he put his Crank that song on places like Kazaa and Limewire under other artists such as TI. People clicked downloading thinking they were going to hear TI come through their speakers instead they heard Soulja Boy. Soulja Boy is complete garbage as far as every aspect of music but mother fucker can dance.

8. This isn't a hate thread. It's a comparison thread.

9. 6. They both suck.

10. Than why did you hate over and over again in your comparison thread? huh?

11. I just dont understand why people on that lyrical tip have to always talk shit about whats popular, and hate...people need to voice their opinion on who they like, not on who they hate.

12. #12 dumped43, Mar 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2010

haha..

"I hate to see her go, but i love to watch her leave
    but i keep her running back and forth like a soccer team"

thats POETRY right there.

"a million here, a million there.
    sicilian bitch with long hair, with coke in her derriere,
    like smoke in the thinnest air,
    i open the lamborghini,
    hopin them crackers see me like, look at that bastard weezy"

THATS ART MAN

"hes a beast hes a dog, hes a motherfuckin problem
    okay youre a goon, but whats a goon to a goblin?
    nothin nothin nothin, you aint scarin nothin
    on some faggot bullshit
    call him dennis rodman"

god this guys lyrical talent is just incredible, he could be the next rakim or krs-one!

"im a pipe she like a crack addict,
    and she saw me cookin eggs she thought i was back at it,
    i grab my keys, i gotta go
    i got my motorcycle jacket and my motorcycle loafs"

the poetry and talent in these lines is just incredible

wait now for comparison id like to post a couple verses from a rakim song, keep the beat. from 1992
    (since some people want to throw around the words "art" and "poetry" when referring to lil wayne and soulja boy)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JdOgkIi_io"]YouTube- Eric B. & Rakim - Keep The Beat[/ame]

"she asked could i keep the beat
    so heres the beat, every time it pounds you get weak
    comfy, imbedded like a pillow bouncin' with an echo
    my voice is moist and plus mellow

i got it goin on youre gonna wanna come
    skins is the drum said im the drummer,
    give the drummer some and we'll see if you can hang with ra
    hmm lets see if you can shangrila

i start to think cause youre a singer like anita
    high pitched like a tweeter deep beats start to beat her
    much harder than love taps my raps above that,
    i get girls where i want with a maze full of love traps"

more talent and rhyme and poetry there in just a couple verses than in wayne's entire discography

13. 1. Yes they both flaunt their money & such, but Wayne does it in a way that is CLEARLY superior to Soulja's. No argument there.
    3. Both of them did grow up in the hood. Wayne grew up in Hollygrove, which is notorious for being an absolutely horrible area. Just because you grow up in the hood means you can't be honor roll? The fuck?
    4. How the fuck does this affect their music...? And, Wayne's style is actually pretty on point.
    5. I'm not completely sure on this one, but I'm pretty sure Wayne is Blood, if not definitely Blood affiliated.

Get your facts straight.

14. from wayne's wiki

"Lil Wayne was born Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr. to Jacida "Cita" Carter and Dwayne Michael Turner on September 27, 1982[1] and grew up in the Hollygrove neighborhood of New Orleans, Louisiana.[1] Carter enrolled in the gifted program of Lafayette Elementary School and in the drama club of Eleanor McMain Secondary School.[2][3] He wrote his first rap song at age eight.[4] At age eleven, he met Bryan Williams, rapper and owner of Cash Money Records. Carter recorded freestyle raps on William's answering machine leading him to mentor the young Carter and include him in Cash Money-distributed songs. He also recorded his first ever collaboration album True Story with rapper B.G.. At the time, Carter was 11, and B.G. was 14, and was billed as "The BG'z". [5] When he was 12, he played the part of the Tin Man in his middle school drama club's production of The Wiz.[6] He also accidentally shot himself with a .44 caliber gun at the age of 13.[2] The following year of his accident, he dropped out of school."

all im saying is. you get noticed by a label owner at age 11 and youre not going to be livin a hood life.

hes no gangsta.

15. I like how you use the SAME LINES in all your Wayne arguments, as if every rapper as grade A perfect lines.
    I'm not on either side here. Just stating.

16. actually i just picked a couple songs i know of his off the top of my head, ive tried to forget most of them because its such garbage.

but, if someone can show me some talent anywhere near that of a hip-hop great, like RAKIM, then ill eat my words.

the problem is lil wayne doesnt have any lyrics that required any talent

also ive only ever referenced the first verse i posted. the rest i have never posted about. so............................. JUST SAYIN'

17. Because he could escape the hood at age 11 you hate? Are you fucking kidding me your success is flaming people on a stoners forum.

18. Can you rap better?

19. Which is why I am not on either side.

So you haven't referenced A mili before?
    Pretty sure you have...
    unless I'm mistaking you with that guy who also complained about that bedrock line awhile ago

......just sayin'.........again:p

20. no i may have mentioned the bed rock line, but actually i think it was a diff line. yea the one the other guy says "i like the way youre walkin when youre walkin my way. im taht red bull. now lets fly away." STUPID SHIT

but definitely havent quoted a milli on here