do trichomes continue to mature after harvest?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tecnikano, Mar 19, 2010.

1. does anyone know if trichomes continue to mature after harvest?

2. For the most part, they do not. Yes some can argue that there is a slight change because of whatever is left in the sap channels but if you're flushing then definitely not.

3. absolutely. after you cut a plant and dry the nugs they go through a change where the thc becomes psychoactive (or more phsycoactive i should say). hence the reason a proper dry and cure is so important.

4. That has more to do with just getting the water out of the plant, which inhibits the high.
    There's not really a chemical reaction going on.

5. you'RE getting the water out for the trichs to have a chemical response indeed. hence the psychoactive part dipshit

• Like Like x 1

6. ^^This is wrong, and rude.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. from my understanding, THC does lose a carboxyl group during drying which is a chemical reaction.

• Like Like x 1

8. agreed. a chemical reaction is when any chemical process in which substances are changed into different ones, with different properties, as distinct from changing position or form. hence the thc does go though change in properties so this would be a chemical reaction.

9. Man, your outta line.
    Who the hell do u think u r comin in here and talkin shit
    like that to respectable people who wanna learn. U have
    definitely shown us your neanderthal IQ, so why doncha
    go and find the Sesame Street site. Maybe someone
    there will wanna sell u the letter "A". You can fill in the blanks.

:cool::smoking:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. ya can bo28 say the word troll?:mad:

you are right The trichomes will keep maturing for 3 or 4 days after harvesting them

Yes they do mature for 2 to 4 days after harvesting the girls

12. #12 dishphead, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
    decarboxylation. google it. that's what happens after you cut your plant, dry, and cure. curing is the period in which decarbing happens. you can speed it up with heat as well, hence why when you make bho you don't cook it too high.

P.S. this thread was painful to read

EDIT: thread from nearly 4 years ago...::facepalm::

• Like Like x 1

hahahaha you da shit boo28

14. The curse of the zombie thread!

15. Actually THCA (tetrahydrocannabolic acid) has to break down into THC via decarboxylation. So i dunno if the trichomes continue to age but there is definitely a chemical reaction

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. Here u go,,,

Attached Files:

17. ,

Attached Files:

18. #18 waktoo, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015

Not sure exactly what you're getting at, but you might find the answer to your question here...

View attachment Marijuana Botany.pdf

Lot's of really good info' to be had about MJ in general, but what you're looking for is very close to the end of Chapter Four.  If I'm reading you right, start at "Curing Floral Clusters", and the answer is almost at the end of that section.

EDIT:  LOL!  Dead thread!  Information is still relevant to those that may come along...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Good PDF Waktoo.

j

• Disagree Disagree x 1