PH and what it means for your plants

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by joe_fresh, Mar 17, 2010.

1. aw fook thats a lotta info. some good info but you can tell advanced nutrients is throwin in the sale pitch in there lol, "at advanced nutrients we only use the best bat shit and cocunut fuzz we can find" lol

2. Ok everything in that read is great. Maybe I missed something but I wish it went a little MORE into the controlling the PH in your growing medium part.

Say you're flowering on a 4x8' tray with rock wool cubes resting on rock wool slabs? You're watching that rez like crazy and making sure you're right at 5.5 - 5.6 PH. You stick a tester into the rock wool a few places and it reads PH 4.0!!! or PH 7.8! If you're following the advanced chart do you deviate from the chart? Do you raise the PH in the rez for that days feeding up to 6.0 if the rock wool is reading 4.8 to try to raise the overall PH of the medium to get it more in the pocket?

Little curious.
    Help.
    Thanks in advance. :)

3. ph is one the most importint things for a plant

4. my ph is 7.5 in potted. i dont know how to lower the ph, i heard lemon juice and tried it two weeks no luck. i know notice yellow spots like over spray and use good water?

5. essential stuff......fine tuning assistance at its best......Thank you

6. I only have one question....can I just go to the store and buy a gallon of purified water because that's what I've been using so far and my shrubs and daddy plant looks healthy

7. #47 HydroMonica, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2011
    I'm a beginner.
    a friend told me about this site & this info is exactly what I was looking for!
    Great Info.
    PHank you!!! :)

8. great great great thread thank you

9. Don't underestimate PH! My plants were growing very slow for a few weeks. I learned how to balance my water and things took off within a few days. My ph before was high....around 9. Can't believe ph was the issue.

10. Roflcopter :smoke:

11. you could buy distilled water and feed your plants but ultimately it wouldn't be the most cost effective way of watering your plant....plus once you start feeding nutes to your plants you will want to understand the pH dance to best ensure the nutes are maximizing your plants potential.....

12. Thanks for this. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Luster-Leaf-1845-Rapitest-Digital/dp/B0032WFD5K"]This is the cheapest[/ame] digital PH tester I found.. is it ok? If so, can I just stick it in and leave it in the soil? thanks!

13. #53 biff11, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2011
    This is the one I have, and recommend it: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-Instruments-pH-Pen-PH600/dp/B001DTQJ8O/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1303950064&sr=1-2"]Milwaukee PH Pen[/ame]

Don't forget to order PH calibration solution, I use the 7.01 solution. I'm not sure if the one you listed is adjustable, you need to be able to tune it using solution. I wouldn't leave any meter in the soil as it may affect it. You don't read the soil like that, you test the runnoff of the water coming out of the pot.

HTH

14. Dont waste your money on cheap soil PH testers or the aquarium dropper kit solutions. If doing a soil grow you want to test the water run off.

15. thanks for the tips

16. Very useful article, many thanks!
    Works best when combined with the other pH articles I've found on this forum. Actually, 'twould be priceless for new growers if those articles were arranged together in a sticky.

17. #57 moonnes, May 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2011
    It's nice to read your talk,

The problem I have is money. I have to use my soil that has been under oak, pecan,and one pine leaf for years. I just rake leaves sift through my soil, took all the sticks, root away from the soil. (soil is real fine now). What do I do? Do I bake the soil. If so what tep. and how long?

I all so made my own GA clay balls. I did not bake the clay, is this going to be a prolbem.

I need some advice about my situation. If you have any advice, this would be mostly welcome. Sincerely, zodiava, O, this is my first time growing and my seeds (4) are about one year old. (kept cool and dry)

Thank You, Have a good day, afternoon, or evening where ever you are.

18. boom head shot

19. How, ya, doing?

Thank You, for the site. unfortunately, I am on dailup an my computer just does not like to download. This is my firist time growning. Take Care, moonnes