Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

light proofing 5 gal buckets?

• Please log in to reply

wesside

wesside

till I die

• Registered Upgraded
  • 963 posts
so i have to transfer some babies into five gal pots. i just bought the reg orange 5 gal buckets from the depot. im using soil, so i was wondering if i should light proof them or not. is it necessary?

NCDROGRO

NCDROGRO

greenjeems

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,281 posts

so i have to transfer some babies into five gal pots. i just bought the reg orange 5 gal buckets from the depot. im using soil, so i was wondering if i should light proof them or not. is it necessary?

Hmm, are they light orange, could stick a light over top of the bucket see if you can see kind of through the bucket. Probably wouldn't hurt to light proof it anyways, just grab some black/white poly it's cheap like less then a dollar a foot or about a dollar and just wrap them in that.

Oh yeah black trash bags would work too lol :smoking::D

Edited by NCDROGRO, 16 March 2010 - 09:39 PM.

Autoflower

Autoflower

Keep It Low

• Registered Upgraded
  • 681 posts
black paint on the outside also works wonders. :)

wesside

wesside

till I die

• Registered Upgraded
  • 963 posts
thanks for the replies. it does seem that the light kinda goes through. i have a ton of aluminum tape on hand so ill just wrap them in that. thanks again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users