the official 400w hps yield thread

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by peterjoseph88, Mar 16, 2010.

1. #41 cousined, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2010
    i currently have four bagseed plants under a 400w hps.

5 gal buckets
    mix of miracle grow organic, mushroom compost, perlite, and sphamgnum moss.

veged for 2 months under 16 26w 6500k cfl LST all of them
    miracle grow nutes and molasses

like week 6 or 7 flower now under 400w hps.
    some lowes bloom booster powder and molasses/ epsom salt.

the left one was the runt but now it prolly has the largest buds.
    the one on the right had a mg def. fixed. sugar coated!

Attached Files:

2. Ill try in get a pic up soon. its never failed the other 5 mothers i tend to replace but this one is like a female terminator. keeps on giving me awesome buds

3. Whats up guys, very interested in the thread and thought i'd contribute with my noob stats:

Medium: coco
    Method: mostly LST
    Strains: 2 Bagseed
    Bucket size: 10L pots
    Veg time/flower time : 32day VEG from germ / 53day flowering
    Nutrients: Botanicare Pure blend grow/bloom
    pics: check my signature for first grow (106gram total from 400w) and my current grow - 53 days in, but letting this go another 10-14 days.

Growing in a tent that is 36"wide by 62"high and 20" deep

My first grow was...well...my first. I was happy with the results for a first timer but made a ton of mistakes and even harvested too early.

My current second grow features top quality bud (Reserva Privada OG KUSH #18 + Dutch Passion Brainstorm).

I can only assume i'll hit the 150-175g mark?

My next cycle will feature Blue Mystic, Vanilla Kush and Pineapple Express.
    I plan to use slighly smaller pots, but havent decided. Might end up doin 2 X 6L pots and 1X 10L pot

I figure 3 plants should yield more and take up the maximum surface area of my tent.

Heres a shot of my OG KUSH at day 51.
    [​IMG]

4. #44 overgrowray, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2011
    with a half ass setup (few nutes, bad ventalation) around a QP

I've had years with less and years with more.

You guys should be more realistic and post your avg yeild, not highest.

You don't need new growers thinking their going to pull off 6+ Os their first run.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Light: 8 26w CFL bulbs for veg, 400w HPS for flower
    Soil: Topsoil, peat moss, perlite, sand.
    Fert/nute: MG twice during veg, Fox Farm Tiger Bloom & Big Bloom during Flower
    Seed: Bag seed, 2 plants
    Day 31 of Flower

I'm not seeing much resin production yet except a tiny bit, mostly on the lower buds.

Attached Files:

6. I currently have a small 2x2.5 ft closet with a 400 watt hps and i have 4 superskunks and one cheeze squeezed in there using 3 gallon pots.. Very packed in there but i expect to get around 7-8 oz.. Check it out in my sig

7. Yielded just over 5 zips off my first grow with a 400w.

Medium( soil hydro etc) Soil
    Method(sog, scrog,lst) Accidental Canopy
    Strains Northern Lights, Pineapple Kush, Cherry Lemonaide
    Veg time/flower time 1.5/2
    Nutrients Fox Farms all the way
    pics(if you have them) http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/716769-my-first-grow-400w-hps-10.html

And what you grew in(tent, cab etc) including dimensions 50 inch tall, 22 inch wide, 36 inch deep plywood box

And anything else you think would be useful... Get it cool, get em CLOSE!

8. first grow
    pure coco
    4 plants
    4x2x5ft tent
    3x3g smart pot 1x2g smart pot
    vegged 3 weeks under 150w hps
    flowered under 400w hps

yield: 7 1/2oz

9. I am using a 430 son agro in a wardrobe 3ft by 2ft with 6 plants and i am getting 2 oz's per plant. BUT i need it well vented. 2 intake and 2 outtake!!!

10. Yielded 10oz recently, vegged under 250w worth of CFLs.

Bloomed under 400w HPS.

11. just checked it out....saw the first post saying the critical+ wasnt doing well, thought to myself "there is no way that strain cant be doing well"...then went to the end of your thread and saw the results :smoke: very nice

12. 400w hps
    48x20x60 grow tent
    DWC bubble buckets
    Fox farm nutes
    Tap water at 5.8

4th week of flowering for my Super Sour OG...hoping to get adleast 20 grams off her

Attached Files:

13. Bigger pics

Attached Files:

14. I grow autoflowers in a 2x4 Rubbermaid cabinet with a 400W HPS and a 2x4 E&F table and GH nutes.
    Depending on what strain I am growing, and how many plants I end up with, it usually produces around 3/4 pound every few weeks.

15. Did anyone see a big change in there electric bill when you started using the 400wt?

When I get my grow room done. I want to veg under some cfl's or acouple of T5s.

Then flower under 400wt hps.

I got the OK from my aunt to grow (i live with my aunt and take care of her) But
    I want to make sure my light bill doesnt go ski high. Im not concerned about
    the electric co being suspicious. I just would like to know if any of ya seen
    a big increase in your bill.......Thanks!

16. You shouldnt see much as I was running my whole setup and it was still less watts then my heater used to warm my bedroom when its cold lol i think its when your running 5-8k watts they get suspicious....

17. Interesting...I have a space heater too and it has 2 settings.. 400w and 800w.

So if that means its actually running on 4 and 800wts im good to go cause
    I run that at 800w setting all the time.

Like I said Im not worried about the electric co being suspicious. But just
    the cost of the rise in my electric bill.

18. couldnt say if my electric bill went up as i dont pay electric...BUT being that my heater uses like nearly 1400w and my entire set up is only about 1300w...i believe me and my wife figured it out to be something like 10 or 15 bucks a month to run it so you figure like 50 bucks for the 2 1/2 months itll be used Now that was at 24/0 itll be cheaper if you do 18/6 and then 12/12 and also live in my state..lol good luck to you..

19. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my grow room i am working on. Its like a walk in storage closet.

Its 12ft long...7ft wide and 8ft tall.

I plan on putting up a wall of sum sort in the middle to make 2 rooms veg/flower.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Pretty cool thread. For my first grow I tried Royal Dwarf, and Big Devil(both autos). I used:
    400 watt hps
    Fox Farm Original Planting Mix
    No lst, or anything like that
    Nectar For The Gods Nutes
    5 gallon buckets, but didn't fill the soil all the way to the top

I pulled 32 grams dry from the Royal Dwarf, and a little less than that from the Big Devil. But the Big Devil gave me problems since the beginning of the grow. I have photoperiod seeds in veg right now under the same setup, except the pots are filled to the top, and Im using a 50/50 mix of FFOF and FFOP. They look pretty good so far.