What are you reading!?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by Dryice, Mar 13, 2010.

1. One of my favorite subjects -- sea-going disasters -- especially in past history.

From Amazon: "Auckland Island is a godforsaken place in the middle of the Southern Ocean, 285 miles south of New Zealand. With year-round freezing rain and howling winds, it is one of the most forbidding places in the world. To be shipwrecked there means almost certain death." more...

[​IMG]

2. <table><tbody><tr><td style="text-align: center;">The Secrets of the Eternal Book: The Meaning of the Stories of the Pentateuch</td></tr><tr><td>
    [​IMG]
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

3. I'm currently reading The Best American Poetry 2015 edited by David Lehman and Sherman Alexie. For anyone who likes contemporary (ESPECIALLY spoken-word and slam) poetry, I really suggest this. Good thing I was home alone because I smoked, and realized that I was passionately reading all of the poems out loud to myself. Incredible writing.

4. 52 Loaves: One Man's Relentless Pursuit of Truth, Meaning, and a Perfect Crust

5. This

[​IMG]

Song of Solomon begins in 1930s America with Macon Dead Jr, the son of a wealthy black property owner, who has been brought up to revere the white world. Macon learns about the tyranny of white society from his friend Guitar, though he is more concerned to escape the familial tyranny of his own father. So while Guitar joins a terrorist group of poor blacks, Macon goes home to the South, lured by tales of buried family treasure. But his odyssey back home and a deadly confrontation with Guitar leads to the discovery of something infinitely more valuable than gold: his past and the origins of his true self.

This

[​IMG]

The ultimate guide to what the land, sun, moon, stars, trees, plants, animals, sky and clouds can reveal - when you know what to look for.
    Includes over 850 outdoor clues and signs.
    This top ten bestseller is the result of Tristan Gooley's two decades of pioneering outdoors experience and six years of instructing, researching and writing. It includes lots of outdoor clues and signs that will not be found in any other book in the world.
    As well as the most comprehensive guide to natural navigation for walkers ever compiled, it also contains clues for weather forecasting, tracking, city walks, coast walks, night walks and dozens of other areas.

And this

[​IMG]

In this first novel in his epic fantasy masterpiece, Stephen King introduces readers to one of his most enigmatic heroes, Roland of Gilead, the Last Gunslinger. He is a haunting figure, a loner, on a spellbinding journey into good and evil, in a desolate world which frighteningly echoes our own.
    In his first step towards the powerful and mysterious Dark Tower, Roland encounters an alluring woman named Alice, begins a friendship with Jake, a kid from New York, and faces an agonising choice between damnation and salvation as he pursues the Man in Black.
    Both grippingly realistic and eerily dreamlike, THE GUNSLINGER leaves readers eagerly awaiting the next chapter.
    And the Tower is closer...

6. [​IMG]

orwell one of the baddest motherfuckers to walk the planet

7. Not the type you can't put down, but it's the best book on bonds that I've read.

[​IMG]

8. [​IMG]

9. #2675 MonkeyUndead, Dec 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2015
    I like piracy.
    [​IMG]

I also really like nerdy shit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas! I've seen the movie many times and the other day at Barnes and Noble I decided to pick the book up; and I'm glad I did.

Hunter S. Thompson is revolutionary, and I cannot put this book down. I'd actually recommend watching the movie before reading the book, it makes it a lot easier to follow along with the bizarre storyline.

Once I finish this I'm picking up The Rum Diaries or Hell's Angels by Thompson.

11. [​IMG]
    Love HST. If you want another wild ride, then The Curse Of Lono is a great choice. Hell's Angels and Fear And Loathing On The Campaign Trail are great, too. The Rum Diary is a more serious work, but still has traces of what HST would become.

12. I picked up Hell's Angels after reading the first couple pages. Thanks for the suggestions though, definitely will be checking those ones out once I can find em.

13. Science books about space