What are you reading!?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by Dryice, Mar 13, 2010.

1. I have never tried an audio book, despite several people telling me how great they are.

A friend has offered to loan me an audio to see if I like it, but it hasn't happened yet.

2. They're awesome when stoned! That's assuming the book is decent and the narrator is talented. Some narrators are artists in their own right. But some can suck.

3. what is nice about an audiobook is that you can do other things while you 'read'...my prob is that my mind wanders if what i am doing is something involved...like...i found this weekend, i could do it fine while i was snapping beans to do up for the freezer...mindless busywork (like trimming!)....but in the kitchen cooking, i could not concentrate...

taking mine with me on my drive into the city today and see how i do with it...i tried once before this summer on a long roadtrip i took, but the concentration needed to drive, especially in traffic, took my mind off the book, so i had to keep scrolling back...was not as interested in that read as i am in this current one tho, so maybe i will have better luck this time...

4. a nice mind trip while jogging, too.

5. Excellent

Attached Files:

6. [​IMG]
    Grea great book, a true story about a hacker how was incontrol of crime online. Easy easy read but very very entertaining and a super super super fast read.

Attached Files:

7. Think and Grow Rich.

8. That reminds me of a book I read about a year ago:

[​IMG]

9. You can get a couple free audio books through audible.com with some promo codes.

Think about it this way; a book will take you weeks to read. An audio book, well you can listen to a full book that would take you weeks to read in 5-7 hours, rather than spending 20-30 hours reading it.

10. The ego and the id- sigmund Freud

11. more on the subject of audiobooks, you can get all kinds of free audio at YouTube...my lil diva does it all the time, finds an audiocopy there and then reads along in her hard copy book...they are encouraging this method of reading in her school and even check out Nooks from the school library to kids so they can do this through another school-related site... she really likes it, says it helps her with retention