What are you reading!?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by Dryice, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Just stumbled on Blind Sight. You're right about it being one that begs to be read several times.

I haven't read Echopraxia but if it's as well written as Blind Sight I definitely will. I'm kinda nursing a neuroscience book for a while. But after that, maybe I'll get it.

2. Michael Parenti: Profit Pathology and Other Indecencies

3. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. Has anyone read it? Thoughts?

I am 100 pages in and from what I have heard about it, it's one of the better(best) books on first encounter with another intelligent race.

5. New Fear Street book came out the other day.
    [​IMG]

6. Nice never heard of it will have to look into it.

7. Didn't that author do the Goosebumps books or something? What's that book about?

Started reading The Stand the other day, kept putting it off as it is so long, thankfully you don't have to hold a big bulky book when using the kindle app :D

8. It's an anthology of sci-fi short stories. Some of them take place in Gibson's cyberpunk Sprawl world, where Neuromancer, Count Zero and Mona Lisa Overdrive take place. Some really cool ones so far.
    Yes, he's the guy behind Goosebumps and its teenager-oriented sibling, Fear Street. This is the third book of the rebooted series. It was a fun read, by far the most horrific of the three. Was about a girl who goes missing in 1950 after watching her father get murdered. Then it goes to present day and follows a teenaged boy who encounters a strange girl who always seems to be lost. Naturally, things get fucked from there. Ending had a nice twist.

9. Damn I didn't know it was short stories by Gibson! Now I will for sure have to look into it!

10. Haven't read this in years, but it's
    always been a favorite of mine.

[​IMG]

11. Reading "Overdosed America" for the second time.

It was written, and I bought it, about ten years ago. The author is an MD who got so fed up with the pill culture pushed by the FDA, all the medical journals, the AMA, and the drug companies themselves that he quit his practice in order to write the book.

Now, ten+ years after it was published, things are much, much worse. I've lived it, and it will continue to spiral down.

[​IMG]

12. Got this one way early. Robin Cook's newest book. Release date is near the end of October //static.grscty.com//public/style_emoticons/default/wink.png

[​IMG]

13. currently reading/listening to 'In the Woods' by Tana French

[​IMG]

i have never really been able to get into audiobooks, but once in awhile, when i am doing busywork, i can rock them...crocheting is good, and i recently discovered they are excellent to fill the silence and the boredom when trimming!...i started this one when i went to trim my lil harvest and it is so good, i am still listening to it when i have the requisite quiet to do it without interruption...kinda wish i had read this in text tho...more than the average crime/suspense outing, this chick has a real gift for wordsmithing...