What are you reading!?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by Dryice, Mar 13, 2010.

1. The label on my weed beans. lol

2. Finders Keepers - Stephen King. The only author who's books I buy without question.

3. Really enjoyed Finders Keepers.

[​IMG]

4. lol Marsb-You can plow through some books now...Is that the same 'The Deep' that was made into a movie a long time ago?

I'm still reading Revival..about halfway through....lots of character development here in this one....shits getting ready to hit the fan I think...haha....

Like that he calls getting high 'smoking rope'...heh [​IMG]

5. Revival was legit, and has an awesome ending.

6. If A Pirate I Must Be by Richard Sanders

All about Black Bart Roberts, the most successful of the
    great Pirates of the Caribbean.
    <small></small>

7. Hey man - thanks for posting that. It looks good. Is it? I may get it.

8. The Racketeer by John Grisham

9. Shot down and on the run.
    True stories of pilots from wwII

I love history :)

10. Yeah, a lot of these are quick reads. It's a different 'The Deep'. Released earlier this year.
    I'm not too impressed with it, actually. It's a bit too slow, and considering it's less than 400 pages, that's not a good thing. His first book, 'The Troop', was better, though I still need to finish this one.

And now I've started this one, because I need something fast-paced and enjoyable to offset the slow, plodding Cutter book.

[​IMG]

Tim Dorsey is great. I recommend his stuff, if you like the idea of an incredibly wacky crime novel. Like Discworld (but set in the real world) meets Hunter S. Thompson.

11. #2512 Deleted member 469440, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    A song of ice and fire: a storm of swords by george r r martin :) I have about 25 pages left so I went to the bookstore and they just sold out of the fourth book earlier that day :(

12. I'm feeding the inner geek and starting book two of the Obsidian Trilogy, "To Light a Candle". Mercedes Lackey is one of my absolute favorite scifi/fantasy authors. I've been reading a lot of serious books lately and I decided to take a break and read something fun. I read the first book a long time ago and read it again last night to reacquaint myself with the characters and plot line.

13. Still struggling through 'The Deep'. Meanwhile, I've finished that hilarious Dorsey book and will be starting this one...

[​IMG]

14. Finished Revival a few days ago....I could tell it was going in that direction....good ending, yes.

I think next I'll be reading Soul Love:Awakening to Your Heart Centers....a bit different .ha.

15. #2516 Deleted member 42976, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    probably going to take me awhile to read. this book is massive.[​IMG]

16. Has anyone read John Dies at the End?

17. #2518 SlowMo, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2015
    [​IMG]

edit - kind of sux!