What are you reading!?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by Dryice, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Had to quit 'In The Courts Of The Sun'. Just wasn't digging it... at all. I'll try again in the future. Someday.

[​IMG]

2. Just finished Vita Nuova by Dante. On to the Divine Comedy

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Almost finished with Deep Down Dark (about the Chilean miners that were trapped a few years ago). Not sure yet what's next. 

4. I'm new to reading books. What are some good books i would find at my local library that a lot of people have read? I don't really care if it's fiction or non fiction, just want to keep my eyes from constantly looking at screens..

5. Making my way through the Secret Teachings of all Ages by Manly P Hall and almost finished with Word Made Flesh by George Carey :D 

6. neil degrasse tyson death by black hole and Robin Hobb's Assassin's quest
    Both books are excellent thus far. I'm a big fan of epic fantasy's and informational books that are in relation to my interests

7. Continuing the Odd Thomas adventure. Hoping this one is a little lower on the tangents, and doesn't have 100+ pages of meandering like I felt the last one did.

[​IMG]

8. Just bought Thomas Pynchon's "Inherent Vice".

9. I actually won a free book in the mail from this site called goodreads, its called Babes of Gangland.
    Its a book that makes you think WTF! lol its super insane and just out there but it def keeps
    your interest. I've personally never read anything like it, its about a gangster who is killed and
    reincarnated as a baby, he goes on a mission to find out who it is that killed him along side
    his old lackie and a prostitute. See where I'm goin with this? XD

10. Odd Interlude was surprisingly good. Finished it last night. Now I'm rereading this, though it is my first time reading the special illustrated edition:

[​IMG]

11. I've just finished reading master and margarita I've just started reading origin of species

We sometimes encounter people, even perfect strangers, who begin to interest us at first sight, somehow suddenly, all at once, before a word has been spoken. - Fyodor Dostoevsky

12. [​IMG]

Jennifer Grow runs a Duke U. research lab that specializes in the sensory-motor systems and how the brain represents sensory information and selectively processes it in order to keep track of and control our body's positioning and motions in and through space and time.

13. The next Jack Parlabane mystery-thriller, with trademark Brookmyre humour.

[​IMG]

14. Thinner by Stephen King

15. Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith.

16. #2318 gloppypop, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2015
    [​IMG]

17. My first 'medical thriller'. Keen to see what this is all about.

[​IMG]