What are you reading!?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by Dryice, Mar 13, 2010.

1. I freaking loved this movie and didn't think i would have the patience to read the book after i had done the former at least 15 times. I opened up the first couple of pages & it got nice wordplay. Check it out.

Attached Files:

2. The theory of moral sentiments by Adam Smith

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Started reading the Song Of Ice And Fire about a week ago, currently half way through A Dance With Dragons. Amazing books! Anyway, if you like fantasy books, here are a few by some lesser known authors most people probably haven't heard of but are some pretty amazing books
    The Sovereign of the Seven Isles- David A. Wells
    Mageborn- Michael G. Manning (SO much love for these books, there's a prequel series as well)
    The Book of Deacon- Joseph R. Lallo 
    The Travellers Gate Trilogy- Will Wight
    Mages of Bloodmyr- Brian Kittrell
    Evermen Saga- James Maxwell
    Shadowmagic- John Lenahan
    Godsland Series- Brian Rathbone
    Wielder Trilogy- T.B. Christensen 
    Bakkian Chronicles- Jeffrey M. Poole
    The Blood and Brotherhood Saga- Jeremy Laszlo
    \nIf you like the Song Of Ice And Fire, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Eragon Etc., these books are going to be your cup of tea. If you didn't, they're still awesome. 

4. Right now I am reading Dhalgren by Delany, pretty interesting book.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

5. Right now I am reading the book "Fishing northern California"

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Loved this. It covered a lot of topics. A good general introduction to suicidology and the issues most prominent in the field.

Now reading the followup to one of my favourite hard sci-fi novels, Blindsight.

[​IMG]

7. I need to read this one faster than I did the last. Not sure why it took me so long to read Wizard & Glass seeing as it's one of my favorite books out of the series.

[​IMG]

8. Just ordered 1984.  Bouta see what the hype is about.  Should be good.

9. I bought that book at Walmart. When I finished it I went back to buy Animal Farm but they had pulled all of those type of books from the shelf.

10. Just finished destiny disrupted by Tamim Ansary. Now gunna read the castle by Franz Kafka

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Continuing the recent Hellraiser comic books.

[​IMG]