What are you reading!?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by Dryice, Mar 13, 2010.

1. 1000 ultimate experiences. Not much of a story centered book but cool to learn about new places and things I may want to try later in life

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Shining by Stephen King and Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are dead by Tom Stoppard which is like a side story to Hamlet, it's ridiculously funny and it's has a lot of like intellectual humor it'll make you feel smart.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Fahrenheit 451. One of my favorites

Doctor said I need a backiotomy

• Like Like x 2
  4. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. just got the new Thanos graphic novel from Marvel
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stephen King's new one - Doctor Sleep! I really love it so far, a great continuation from The Shining, so if you like that one, read Doctor Sleep :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. The Singularity is Near

8. Just finished Blessed by Cynthia Leitich Smith. One of those teen vampire things. Not the first in the series, but it stands on its own. Pretty interesting read, too. 

9. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407694493.936800.jpg

Just finished reading The Immortality Factor by Ben Bova. It's about 2 brothers and a woman who are involved in a love triangle. The fiasco caused the brothers to part ways, but sometime later they reunited and discovered a way to regenerate organs. The science breakthrough was being rigorously attacked by the media and religious leaders. The brothers ended up in court....

Currently reading Moonseed by Stephen Baxter. I enjoy reading science fiction :)

10. Rereading this classic book.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'm reading books by the Strugatzkis this year. I learned about their works after I watched Stalker by Andreij Tarkovsky. I immediately bought Roadside Picnic and it's still one of my favorites. Most of their books are quite short but I like that. I can only recommend russian literature and movies as well. They're certainly no happy stories but they're honest, philosophical and, to me, have very likeable and believable characters. I'm reading them in German btw so I can't really vouch for the English translation of the dialogues, which are key in most of their books. I feel German has a similar flow like Russian and is harsher than English so there's a chance it might take off the edge at some points but I'm just assuming.
    They're certainly not expensive so you won't loose much by giving it a try. I buy them used for 1-5€ per book. If you like Science Fiction and philosophy, the Strugatzki's work will almost definitely please you.

Right now I'm reading this one:
    zmldks-defin78.jpg

12. Rereading:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. And now that the final issue is out, I shall partake in some good ol' comic-booking:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Eastern Approaches by Fitzroy MacLean.

15. \tHTML and CSS: Design and Build Websites by Jon Duckett 
    Trying to start my career in Web Development

16. #2100 overthemoon, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
    [​IMG]

Currently reading Xenocide by Orson Scott Card and I fucking love it. I think when I am finished though I am going to take a break from Ender's Saga and get back into some Stephen King or takle the stack of unreads I have on my dresser...

• Like Like x 2