I need help convincing my mom...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by topdog82, Mar 12, 2010.

1. 1)My mom and my dad are the ones paying my way into college, and this situation needs to be handled gingerly. I love my parents but they are brainwashed, hard-headed and stubborn. I want to rid them of this disease which makes them think that weed is bad. I'm an 18 year-old junior in high school(I moved a LOT) and I need medical marijuana. To skip the sob story, so paragraph 3

2)I've been having trouble with school for a long time. I couldn't focus and that was the problem. I have ADD and a little ADHD. I smoked a lot and it helped my focus in school. And I was having fun. The only way i was able to get decent grades was by getting adderal from a friend and smoking my way into barely B's and A's. Now its really getting frustrating because my tolerance is up, and my adderall hook is in college. I have straight C's at this point and school is a living hell. I'm trying as hard as i can but i just can't pull of the grades. I recently stumbled upon an article which said ADD was helped by weed. I knew I could focus better on weed, but i never really questioned it. I was really close to being arrested thrice, and I'm tired of it. I don't want Adderall because it is brain damaging.

3)So here's the deal:
    -I NEED medical marijuana for my ADD, otherwise I can't get into college
    -My parents don't know that I toke, so I can't talk about weed like I'm knowledgeable. (Whenever convincing my parents, I used the word "cannabis" or "cannabis treatment)
    -My parents were raised in India and are completely unamerican.
    -I live in Cupertino, search it up right now. Most conservative city in California(oxymoron)
    -I need to convince my parents that weed is not addictive, thc is a benign chemical, and that it's completely safe
    -And remeber, this needs to be handeled GINGERLY, no "We need to legalize pot" I have to still make it look like a bad drug which ruins lives and puts people on the steets and all that bullshit

2. sorry kid but weed isn't some cure all. you don't NEED weed for anything, it may make it easier but let's be real for a second... if you need weed to go to college then you don't belong there in the first place. college is tough and not for everyone but college CAN be concurred if the effort is put forth

3. If you are 18 you should be able to get a mmj card yourself.

4. yea.. you're an adult, so just go do what you have to do.

5. Actually dude the only reason I haven't failed is becuase I did edibles every morning for like 6 months
    and dude I'd love to get a card but...I am gonna need money for college...

6. I just posted this on another thread..

Focus on the prohibition, not on marijuana itself. The prohibition has just one goal - to stop people smoking marijuana. After seventy years, how do you think it's doing?

7,000 people were murdered by the Mexican drug cartels last year because we in the US kept marijuana illegal, many of the victims were children, police officers and politicians. This year the cartels are on track to kill at least 9,000 more. Ask your mom now if she supports keeping it illegal.

7. Just be honest with them man. Tell them how much it helps you. If theyre rational people they wont not pay for college because you did some weed. If worst comes to worst promise them you wont smoke so theyll pay for college. Youd rather be toughing it out there rather than sitting at home.

8. I'm sure you can find a 'pot doc' somewhere near you. Sounds like they exist quite a lot in Cali. More prevalent in LA though I think. Plus they're only like $150 or something usually I think...? Someone who's an MMJ user feel free to correct me.

Sounds to me like you have a legitimate use for MMJ. People get prescribed pharmas for ADD and ADHD all the time. So why not weed.

9. Show them some science. This has what you want if you're going to talk about the plant itself. I'm still waiting for my Dad to come around.... ignorant.
    Category:Weedipedia - Weedipedia

10. My mom was anti pot for the past 40 or so years. I've actually been educating her on marijuana for the past few weeks, and I even got her to watch Super High Me!

Now she is talking about moving back to California and getting a MMJ card for her arthritis, Rhuematoid arthritis, and fibromyalgia so she can, quote "Get ahold of some of that purple shit and maui powwee!"

I want to show her The Union next. She said she wants to watch it also! But here is the MAJOR part! She has NO IDEA I smoke marijuana! She know's I'm knowledgeable about it, and it's uses, but she makes NO assumption that I smoke a bowl every night at 1!

I plan on telling her I do eventually. I get excellent grades in college (3.7 GPA) and the only thing I ever did wrong was not clean my room (haha!).

I think she just assumes I don't because she knows I like studying things before criticizing them. I remember when I was around 14, I got a giftcard to barnes and noble and the one book I buy is a book on Wicca. She even saw me buy the book (My mom is a devout Catholic too!). I told her I wanted to read up on it, but not practice it. She was completely fine with it, and even told some of her friends about it!

11. make them watch the union. I made my mom watch it.

12. you can get a card in so cal for $90-120 if anyone is in the area and needs a place to go just pm me

13. spam?

14. Cure? No way. Treatment? Yes!

Some people in life need marijuana to cope. Whether it's for pain, depression, or a healthy state of mind. Feeling good mentally effects your health.