Why does everyone on here hate acrylic bongs?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by mclovin_bud, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Glass is better for personal use and looks whereas acrylic is durable, easier for social smoking, and gets you just as high as glass at a lower price

2. if i was to bring out an acrylic bong out for some social smoking with my fellow reefer heads i would be laughed out of the circle. acrylic is breakable, it gets fragile with age and more so in the sun light. it is possible for the chemicals in acrylic {depending on how it is made and what it is exactly made of} to leach into the water you are using. granted a little plastic never stopped me or pretty much any other stoner from getting high at one time or another.

plastic is cheap, a bong made out of it feels cheap and to be honest it in no way shape or form smokes anything like a nice smooth glass piece. glass is in every way superior to plastic. it is why people choose it over plastic almost every time. that isn't to say acrylic bongs and pipes dont have their rightful place in a trash can. j/k, we take a plastic bong with us when we go camping and hiking. that sort of thing.

i am pretty sure you can find better home built bongs in the DIY section then what you could buy made out of acrylic lol! [​IMG]

3. Does no one see the links I posted I don't just want to sit here while people insult all acrylic bongs before they even check out the videos these are not your typical every day cheap ass acrylic bongs these are made of high-grade composite molded ballistic acrylic I mean in the video the do blows a bomb up inside of the bongs how much more durable do you need to show a bong is rugged and versatile I've been sitting quietly for a while well people insult all acrylic bongs but you can only remain silent for so long before you have to voice your opposition some acrylic bongs might be bullshit but not transformer tubes been a loyal user of this bong for two years now and I love it

4. that is exactly what i am talking about. even you notice that no one likes acrylic / plastic bongs and you can tell because no one even clicked your link. it just proves the point that people, for the most part, like glass for more then plastic. i did actually click your link and i actually took a look around at what they had at their site. the modular bong looks pretty fucking cool and to be honest if it came as a kit like legos i might just buy one!. where legos can be used to build pretty much anything, then why not a plastic bong! you could add percs and diffusion where ever you like and as much of it as you like. make it longer or shorter,, maybe add multiple chambers, i mean really the possibility would be endless. i think that woulld even lose its magic after a few sessions to be honest.

i have been a loyal user of glass for going on 30 years now and i have to say i like glass better. the way it feels, looks and smokes is in my humble opinion, far superior to plastic. there isn't anything you can say that will have as much gravity in a persons decision as actually using said plastic bong and feeling disappointed. it is because they HEAR what you are saying but FEEL the disappointment.

and as far as blowing up my glass bong goes......there is never a moment or situation where i would find explosives of any kind inside my glass bong. if i did, i would just dump them out and run away with said bong intact. i would keep running right to my house, load a bowl and get high, high, high. i know that glass can break. its just a gamble i am willing to take. [​IMG]

ps...
    i would still smoke out of yours or anyone elses plastic bong if it really meant that much to them for me to do so. and while i make the choice to smoke out of glass, there are times when beggars CANT be choosers.

5. My personal opinion glass is much better I own a triple per blaze glass bong before I accidentally broke it by the campfire last month and it hit like no one's business when I'm home hands-down I preferred to smoke out of my glass bong but when I'm going to a party or a social gathering I love the fact that I can load my bong into a nap sack bag and take it anywhere with no worries ass to damaging it

https://instagram.com/p/26adWHptns/

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1435774133.617522.jpg

6. #88 papabull, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
    Acrylic bongs are great. They come in cool colors. They get you blazed. They are tough enough for hard partying and look great on the mantle of my double-wide trailer right below my prized black velvet elvis painting. ;)

7. Not taking nice glass on my many many camp trips. Most of them are on drift boat trips. Acrylic wins there.

8. I take poppers out of an acrylic bong but that's about it. Green bowls strictly out of glass. And when I can't use an acrylic bong for my poppers a water bottle does just fine.[​IMG]

9. But I own 1 18" tall Glass slide bong and 2 Acrylic Bongs and I bought the Glass after trying the Acrylic and I still very much prefer the Acrylic

10. I don't mind acrylic unless there is a metal bowl on it. Metal bowls make weed taste like shit.

11. Glass is just superior. I'm not going to go out of my way to shit on acrylics because they get the job done, but it's like riding a horse vs driving a high end car. Glass is just worth the investment over acrylics in every aspect.
    I don't know about other people but I see no reason to even bother with acrylics.

12. It's kind of funny how we should leave all of these facts on this form for people to be informed about a really awesome acrylic bong but yet all people do is tear it down and the form is called why does everybody hate acrylic bongs and all they talk about is how much they hated even though we give them all this awesome information and videos to sway their opinion but it never changes so if people are going to go ahead and hate I guess we should leave an open mind and tolerance to let them hate

13. Fuck acrylic. Glass is the best. Opinion of course. I don't know any cannabis aficionado who would use an acrylic. Beginner smoker maybe. Besides who would want to vape out of acrylic. Glass is by far superior. You can do way more with glass artistically and function wise. The most expensive acrylic is. Couple hundred MAYBE. while glass can be over 20k. I love glass and would never even consider acrylic.

14. Haters gonna hate. I love how smooth a glass bong is but when I am smoking outside on the concrete I will generally use a portable vape or an acrylic bong so it is not broken in dropped. Glass on glass gives the smoothest hits but the biggest hits come from an old acrylic bong I bought when I was 17 or so. For some reason a lot of people really enjoy hating on things that are different. Pot smokers are no exception.

15. They have their place. Sure a nice glass piece is sweet but not always practical. Glass doesn't mix well with some activities.