Why does everyone on here hate acrylic bongs?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by mclovin_bud, Mar 9, 2010.

1. ok every one is trying to rationalize and overthink this....PLASTIC BONGS SUCK! glass is the only way to go....and i only payed 55 for my currently in use 2 footer. its not glass on glass and that sux but at least it aint PLASTIC. plus it even came with a free mini sherlock. so there isnt any reason at all, NONE, to use a crappy acrylic tube. Even if its china glass (I have many such pieces as well as high end glass) its better then plastic. Hell i dont even have any metal in my collection let alone plastic crap. Even my cig looking dug-out is custom glass. watch DR. glass on youtube and you will get a tenth of how much i hate acrylic. Plastic junk, hell there is even some glass cheaper then the 50 bucks that dude payed right here on this very site. I HATE ACRYLIC, CRAPPY, JUNK, PLASTIC, SHITTY, BONGS!!!! OK ok k i think im done, sorry:eek:

2. doesnt really count as a bong but i have an acrylic steamroller i bout for 5 dollars
    it hits hard as hell but it does have metal taste

but its ok i found my tobacco pipe

3. I prefer glass over acrylic because first of all you can get better attachments/diffusers/percs, and 2ndly because I find acrylic bongs get nasty after toking out of them for a while. Once you clean them I find the smell of w/e you used to clean it with tends to stay behind and give your piece a nasty smell. IN CONCLUSION, I FIND GLASS BETTER, JUST MY OPINION.

4. Because most people on this site are bitches, personally i dont see why people hate so much. Of course glass is better but still its not like your smoking plastic when you hit an acrylic. Wheres your logic acrylic haters?

5. We don't hate it...

Its just not worth the money...

6. most of the people that post in toking tools are glass elitists
    simple as that

if it works for you, it works for you;
    and that's all that matters.

7. is acrylic safe to smoke out of? I looked online and found a high end bong. what do you think?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPkUC8T5lok]Throwing the JET SubZero WaterPipe!!! - YouTube[/ame]

8. How much??

It has a fucking LIFETIME WARRANTY!

If its reasonably priced Im buying one. :D

9. Aww shit they are 200 for a mini version. Dunno if I want to spend that much on a acrylic.

10. yea but it is knda tempting.. i dont know of any glass pieces that come with a life time warranty.

11. Yeah, I wonder why?...........

12. There's the other good thing about acrylic bongs, I don't think I could break mine if I tried. Unlike glass bongs I've had that were shattered.

13. Exactly. Thats how I see acrylic, it has a time and place.

Cheap and Indestructible.... Opposite of glass.

14. An intelligent person on GC. Thank you for posting.

15. Another intelligent person on GC. Thank you for your reply.

16. Thank you for your common sense. :)

17. I hate them because they can fucking melt. I melted a mini bong with water in it, and the bong water dumped all over me.

18. Clean it once with ISO and salt and you will regret it. The taste will never leave, and eventually cleaning with hot water will stop working so its a choice between nasty resin smoke, or nasty ISO smoke... 

19. I guess i'm one of those glass elitists.  Tastes better, smoother, looks better.  Hey i could buy all my clothes at salvation army or wear plastic bags, but i go and buy normal clothes cause they look better than wearing a plastic bag.  I could pile up cardboard boxes in my living room but I'll spend the money to get a sofa cause they are comfier.  You could get a soda can and save that 40 bucks you were going to spend on acryllic and that would be free.

Glass is also easier to clean, perc options, less drag due to completely air tight seals.  Acrylic and plastics absorb odors and that grimey resin taste is just gross to me.  I don't mind shelling out cash for glassware, pot is one of my favorite hobbies, it's something I do everyday, I buy the best herb I can find/afford, so why not spend a little for a piece that will last me years.

Yes if you've broken bongs in the past then it might not be smart to drop 500+ on glass, but if you take care of it, it will last your lifetime.  i have a roor that is over 10 years old, my other old bong...I just tossed it after 15 years, the rubber grommet (it wasn't GonG) actually wore out and disintegrated. 

Clean sov pillar, a baggie of super silver diesel haze + a herb iron= one way ticket to Flavorville