Tips for increasing THC content in your plants

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by NewSalvia, Feb 28, 2005.

Evrything AW first said. I will opine that the addition of CO2, and, perhaps, an additional 20,000 watts of light will indeed enhance THC production. :smoke: 

shit..

a name from the past!

how are you man?
    good seeing you around.

3. Exactly! The more you handle it the more tricomes fall off.

4. A good friend told me squeezing the nugs will produce more resin since the plant senses danger and will produce more resin to protect it self

your friend told you wrong.

best case it produced what your friend squeezed off and damaged by messing with the buds.

6. [​IMG]

7. #168 TheAnswer121, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2014
    :eek: :eek: don't squeeze the charmin

or the buds :bongin:

8. grow good genetics lol

besides who gives a fuck about highest THC content, everyones minedset about THC content has led to people breeding out nicer qualities of the flowers like flavors and THC-V, which is practically non-existent in most of todays hybrids

fuck all that noise, I want highet terpene profiles. I'd smoke a 8% bud over a 22% bud anyday, the 8% probably has way better flavor.

9. Alright I found a plant growing in my yard. wasn't planned. Must have thrown a seed out. Anyway, I want to keep it growing and move it as well and I can't keep it inside. Its already about 4-6 inches with a few leaves. I could really use some pointers

Sent from my SM-T210R using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I have never tried lowering the water levels, but I guess it is worth a try. 

11. Evening Peeps ,I appologize if ive missed this being said ,If not ,I think the easiest and least invasive method of maximizing THC is not to bombard the plant with light but to deprive it of light , For example outdoor grown plants shoukd be harvested in the morning before sunlight degrades its THC content, Indoors, I promise you  three days in the dark (I agree they should be starved of water) makes a stronger smoke and for some reason cures better, However my conclusions are not based on research its just many years of observation and error  Sorry again if this has allready bin discussed  and may the herbs be with you 

12. #173 frnz571, May 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2014
    \nMy formula,
    1. Live in the mile high city
    2. 175 watt. Mercury vapor lamp {go ahead laugh}
    3. some kind organic soil mixture
    4. seed unknown .indica
    5. no ventilation
    6. no fans
    7.grown in basement under the stairs
    8.Only Co2 was me breathing on them  once in awhile
    \nI was taking clones and as soon as they rooted they were thrown into the flowering room.
    If I remember right the plants were harvested about 12 inches tall with about a  7in bud on top.i was barley able to get new cuttings
    I broke all the rules of growing
    not a healthy situation. spidermites eventually wiped out the crop.
    \n 
    My conclusion the plants were under a lot of stress
    Mercury vapor lights I guess are high in uvb
    high altitude
    Im sure the seeds were a big factor and i have no idea what these seeds were. 
    \nI had to quit marijuana for 28 years because of my job.
    Now it is legal to grow in Colorado and I am retired I decided to jump back into the game.
    The dispensaries [in Colorado anyway] do not grow weed as strong as I did. The dispensaries was like going to the grocery store and buying 3.2 beer compared to my growing Jack Daniels
    \nthe weed i grew was TOO GOOD. very additive, it would come looking for me. i would have bags under my eyes the next day.
    \na 175 watt mercury vapor light could grow enough for my needs [and people said those lamps were not efficient]
    \nmy buds were stronger then any imported that i have had and tasted great.
    after saying all that i would die for a ounce of Gold Colombian.

13. Not sure if it's true but I've heard of dipping your roots in boiling water after harvest works well.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

14. I guess I'll share my own knowledge on the subject. Obviously good genetics and a good grower is the number one way for best results. But what really works for me in the last 10 days is, molasses and old milk left in the sun for a day or fresh from fridge; either or, but a Lil rotten works better, them 2 things mixed in water in the last 2 water sessions along with burning the stem lightly with fire in the last week before harvest has produced some of the best bud I ever smoked.. IMHO it really does increase crystal levels.. lmk if any does try it.. you won't regret it

15. Simple and easy way is to just lower the temperature to around 68 degrees in your tent. This causes the plant to produce resin in order to keep the plant warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. I find uvb lamp helps alot
    Cal mag and epsom salts
    And to learn about trichs and how there produced and all the other terpenes flavoids as these have a big impact on the high
    Also before chop i make stress like crazy by placing ice round her stem and all over the pot and leave her in the dark for a few days.
    This is a good artical
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3546740/

Uv protection is good as long as you dont bombard her with it so i use 15min on 45 off with my uv and i have fan leaves with theichomes and up the stem of the fan leaves too

Heres a pic of the bud on my lastest cheese gonna start ice treat ment soon

auto help page http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1294434-Need-help-with-autos?-Welcome

new vote page http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/photovote/2014-04-05-autoxtreme%C2%AE-loki_1624/

Attached Files:

17. From my research this is very true but for the reason the plant beleaves it is being eaten and has to produce more resin to deture the unwanted

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. It creats a smell that actuall attracts predictor insects? Is there any evidence of this? Not that im not saying your wrong by any means

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app