Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Difference between hash and hash oil?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by purplenuggets, Mar 5, 2010.

1. So I was admiring my keif tray the other day, thinking about all the hash that I could make from it. I've been researching different methods, and they all make sense (college chem FTW). But what I don't understand, is how you produce hash oil. Assuming that I'm using the QWISO method, my hash should by solid and sticky like kief after it's done drying.

But, how do I turn this into oil? Any help would be appreciated.

2. hash oil is made using a solvent of some type. such as alcohol, butane, acetone, chlorofoam, hexane, etc.

Hash is made w/o a solvent. such as ice water hash, where the trichromes are knocked off by the ice, or dry sift (aka kief), where the trichs are sifted through certain size meshes.

3. Let the QWISO dry out on a plate otuside or having a fan blow on it ( i foudn outside is the fastest), then take some razor blades and scrape the plate, hold the blade on an angle like if you were shaving your face,legs,pubes or whatever. Not an actual shaver, but the razor blades them self, you can buy thema ta ahrdware store. Once you have it ont he blades just take a paperclip and grab a little glob and take a lighter to it briefly and it should dorp on top of your bowl.